Primeval World diorama refurb

Thumper14

Original Poster
I cannot find a schedule for the Primeval World diorama refurb. We are visiting the last week of April and was wondering if it would be finished by then. Are there any insiders who know?

Thumper14

Original Poster
On the Disneyland Railroad right now, conductor just said over PA that Dino's will be back "next week" :)
Thank you, it is one of our favorites. We went to WDW for our anniversary last year. I surprised him with the Steam Train tour. He missed the Grand Canyon and Primeval World scenes on their RR.

Californian Elitist

Anyone have pictures or video? I missed this my first and only trip to DL.

pwp101328LARGE.jpg

pwp106116LARGE.jpg

3092281284_1c9318a082_z.jpg

2012-07-25-1241.jpg

5450101408_9f3de4e946_z.jpg

TP2000

They also have the Grand Canyon Diorama in Paris on the Disneyland Paris Railroad. And in Tokyo they have the Primeval World Diorama on the Tokyo Disneyland Railroad.

But Anaheim is the only park that has both the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas.

Neither were ever added to the WDW Railroad in Orlando, for some weird reason.

The Empress Lilly

One my frustrations. WDW's long drive through nothing.

The MK has been a victim of its own succes from the start. Build so well there was never a pressing reason to add all those little touches they didn't get around to.

I love DL's RR.

The Empress Lilly

Neither were ever added to the WDW Railroad in Orlando, for some weird reason.
But we do have a dinorama in EPCOT. Well Ellenorama, although in her defense she is almost as old as those dinos.
And our RR passes by Big Thunder, our Monument Valley complete with mountain goats. Well it is not exactly Western River Expedition - now that would've made DL's Grand Canyon look like a children's railroad set!

Wish there would've been something to see along the long, empty FL track. Or near Tomorrowland.

George Lucas on a Bench

It occurred to me years ago when I was riding the Peoplemover and we went by the Progress City/EPCOT model. These little things to see from the Peoplemover actually remind me of the dioramas on the DLRR. I think because they're behind glass. Anyway, what they should have done is NOT destroy the complete Progress City from the Carousel of Progress, but instead put it on display on the WDWRR during the Tomorrowland section.

TP2000

I still prefer the Primeval World. It has lava.

The problem with the dinosaurs in Universe of Energy is that they suffer the same fate as nearly all animatronics at WDW in the last decade; poor maintenance and virtually non-existent refurbishments. Here's a video showing just the dinosaur portion of Universe of Energy.

Many of the dinosaurs barely move, they're just static creatures with sound effects. Those that do move are left with just an occasional mouth movement or eye blink, and/or their movements are herky-jerky and have obviously lost their full range of motion and effects. It's really quite sad.

Little Green Men

OK I watched this video of the Primeval World at DL
From what I can see the dinos just sitting there after the beginning are the same on DL, except their eyes glow. At 2:01 the dinosaur seems to be barely moving. The pterodactyl's wings seem to move a bit more on the DL version. I didn't really notice that big of a difference in movements, I assumed that's always how they moved. Is this being addressed in the refurb? Or maybe the vid I chose wasn't a good representation? I haven't been on UOE in a year honestly, I know the Ellen figure is gone now, so I can't comment on it's current condition. Obviously it needs to be addressed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom