Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

gerarar

Premium Member
Would be nice if they are secretly updating the show to be somewhat like Disneyland’s. Even just updated lighting, fountains, and adding projections.
Honestly, that won’t be a hard thing to do, and by the time F! can reopen/resume, it’ll be the 50th anniversary of WDW so they can advertise that as being one of the 50 new things! Even just updating the technology would be a nice thing... Oh the possibilities..

Stitch826

There are many unknowns.... I have no clue. Nothing is stopping people in the USA from going to Disney World right now... so why aren’t they at capacity? Is a vaccine going to instany solve that problem? I don’t know.

Until international travel returns, I don’t think Disney world can return to 100% operations.
Why isn’t Disney filled to capacity? How about face masks, no park hopping, greatly reduced park hours, no water parks, no fastpasses, reduced menus at restaurants, no parades, no nighttime shows, no character meet and greets... All while charging the full price for hotel rooms and tickets.

TrainsOfDisney

Why isn’t Disney filled to capacity? How about face masks, no park hopping, greatly reduced park hours, no water parks, no fastpasses, reduced menus at restaurants, no parades, no nighttime shows, no character meet and greets... All while charging the full price for hotel rooms and tickets.

Don’t you listen to the experts on this forum? Nobody visits Disney for any of that! ;)

TTA94

Original Poster
TDO should have money from ROL since that's not coming back......

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking that RoL was cut for another entertainment offering. Could be Harmonious? Nighttime Parade (PTN)?

Of course it would be nice if RoL gets a replacement in the near future or in time for the 50th.

jrhwdw

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking that RoL was cut for another entertainment offering. Could be Harmonious? Nighttime Parade (PTN)?

Of course it would be nice if RoL gets a replacement in the near future or in time for the 50th.
Can't be Harmonious, didn't Epcot have ROE replacement plans for years? ROE just didn't close/the plans really get going until Oct 1, 2019.

Night Parade/PTN.....That one I could believe if MK OK'd a Night Parade(MSEP/PTN/Something) at the last second. While it's not good for AK to lose ROL, It's nice to finally see MK 's Night Paradde Fiasco end!

I know COVID did a number with attendance after March(WDW being closed March 16-after July 4th didn't help of course) but can't TWDC supply WDW the money it needs to keep the entertainment we had in March and the 50th Plans??? Or is TWDC using some of WDW's money for something else???

TTA94

Original Poster
Any idea what stage of a vaccine WDW will reopen nighttime entertainment? Will it be enough if at least the hospitals (early stages I’m guessing) only have the vaccine? Or will they wait until everyone can get the vaccine like they can now with the flu vaccine? From what I’m understanding is we are talking time frames of end of this year/early 2021 for hospitals to get the vaccine, and end of 2021 for places like Walgreens to offer the vaccine. That means a whole year until we see entertainment return.

drizgirl

Any idea what stage of a vaccine WDW will reopen nighttime entertainment? Will it be enough if at least the hospitals (early stages I’m guessing) only have the vaccine? Or will they wait until everyone can get the vaccine like they can now with the flu vaccine? From what I’m understanding is we are talking time frames of end of this year/early 2021 for hospitals to get the vaccine, and end of 2021 for places like Walgreens to offer the vaccine. That means a whole year until we see entertainment return.
And Disney will likely draw it out as long as they can get away without running it to help keep costs down.

TTA94

Original Poster
And Disney will likely draw it out as long as they can get away without running it to help keep costs down.

Maybe but I can almost guarantee a large amount of people are holding off planning trips to WDW until entertainment resumes and they get their money’s worth. Entertainment/Nighttime shows return=$$$ for WDW, the later guests are in the parks the more money they will spend.
Yet WDW does not want the parks over crowded 🤷‍♂️.

They are going to see a big spike in attendance once nighttime shows get announced to return. Unfortunately that will also mean challenges with the reservation system.

jrhwdw

Maybe but I can almost guarantee a large amount of people are holding off planning trips to WDW until entertainment resumes and they get their money’s worth. Entertainment/Nighttime shows return=$$$ for WDW, the later guests are in the parks the more money they will spend.
Yet WDW does not want the parks over crowded 🤷‍♂️.

They are going to see a big spike in attendance once nighttime shows get announced to return. Unfortunately that will also mean challenges with the reservation system.
I'm in that category if I can help it! AT LEAST until MRFF, FOF and HEA are back in MK! PTN or something would really get me over the finish line!! F! or something at DHS. By the time i go who knows if I'll see EF or Harm....

Mander

In the Parks
No
We moved our May 2020 trip to December 2020 and now just moved it again to May 2021. We aren't really sure what it will take to bring us back but probably at a minimum longer hours. We have some dates in mind for Fall 2021 as well if we decide to move it again. I'd love for nighttime entertainment to be back before we go but I'm not counting on it at all.

We have a second trip in the works with my parents/siblings and some close family friends. It will be our friend's second trip (first was in 2019, thankfully). Initially were planning for spring break of this year in an off site rental but back in the spring we decided to bump it to spring break 2022 and stay on site (since we all have more time to save up). Since they don't go often, the restrictions in place are really a deal breaker. Hopefully we're good to go with a 2022 trip!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

A vaccine should have no direct impact on changes to park operations. These should be based on the same infection numbers we use now. A good vaccine should lead to lower numbers which then leads to a reduction of restrictions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom