Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

gerarar

Premium Member
We got some new aerials of the Fantasmic! amphitheater thanks to @bioreconstruct.
E69D0C76-D65B-4AE7-9274-300687209889.jpeg

391E10F1-73EF-4200-8284-BE2350F91854.jpeg

6FA630C8-5536-49E2-8E8E-2F98D91AB44F.jpeg

After studying the pictures from last time to the newly taken ones, I can conclude that some type of maintenance/refurbishment is somewhat happening. This particular one is involving some lighting, I think.
6B6439C2-EF79-405E-A41D-83963582B2CB.jpeg

Other things to note, all 3 barges are present. The stage curtains that hides the backstage is pulled back, probably for wind and easier access to certain areas.

Wished they would take the time to give steamboat Willie a fresh coat of paint since the rust is starting to show. Also, replace some of the LED light strips on it since many were busted or broken, judging from the last couple shows in March.

Last edited:

techgeek

So it would seem the official answer to this question is now ‘not before December 31st.’

Bets on if there is NYE pyro or not?

Parker in NYC

Guess they are using the castle projections that were witnessed being tested two weeks ago as a “festive” entertainment option this holiday season.

Something “special” without the installation costs of the castle lights and without the costs of pyro. It’ll certainly be interesting to see how they handle NYE this year.

Pretty sure that getting through 2020 is fireworks enough.

jrhwdw

I’d say not before Dec 31st but don’t bank on it then.
Granted this is just me venting because of my bad morning and my bad week last week......

No I bet NYE is cancelled.! Why even bother working on Harm.????? We don't even have a clue on if Night Shows will return!!

JoeCamel

Just wait and see if they are saying late summer into the fall for 750 million vaccines to be available to us I see no reason why Disney is going to expand past what we have now...
If they can't make money at these levels (they can't) they will change and do what they can to expand. A starving man always looks for food....

MrHappy

Just wait and see if they are saying late summer into the fall for 750 million vaccines to be available to us I see no reason why Disney is going to expand past what we have now...
Sorry if this is the wrong thread or not but... with 320mil in the us, let’s say 200mil want and get vaccinated, assuming 2 doses per. I believe estimates had 400doses by March. Wouldn’t that be enough to fully open WDW? Disney may not get the international traffic back by Q2 though.

TrainsOfDisney

Sorry if this is the wrong thread or not but... with 320mil in the us, let’s say 200mil want and get vaccinated, assuming 2 doses per. I believe estimates had 400doses by March. Wouldn’t that be enough to fully open WDW? Disney may not get the international traffic back by Q2 though.

“You’ve just received a covid vaccination, what are you going to do now?”

“I’m going to Disney World!”

MrHappy

“You’ve just received a covid vaccination, what are you going to do now?”

“I’m going to Disney World!”
A. Hilarious and well done 👍
B. I see what you’re getting at, jokes aside. But why wouldn’t demand increase enough to throttle up things in the scenario I painted? Yes, unemployment, skepticism about travel, and safety issues would be present. But what % of the US and/or world would need to qualify into the “I’m going to Disney World” bucket? I’d imagine a small percent would due in order to increase capacity (with demand) and further experiences/attractions/transportation.

TrainsOfDisney

A. Hilarious and well done 👍
B. I see what you’re getting at, jokes aside. But why wouldn’t demand increase enough to throttle up things in the scenario I painted? Yes, unemployment, skepticism about travel, and safety issues would be present. But what % of the US and/or world would need to qualify into the “I’m going to Disney World” bucket? I’d imagine a small percent would due in order to increase capacity (with demand) and further experiences/attractions/transportation.

There are many unknowns.... I have no clue. Nothing is stopping people in the USA from going to Disney World right now... so why aren’t they at capacity? Is a vaccine going to instany solve that problem? I don’t know.

Until international travel returns, I don’t think Disney world can return to 100% operations.

gerarar

Premium Member
Another aerial from @bioreconstruct on Twitter!

I’ve noticed something that I somehow didn’t see before. It seems they’re currently renovating some of the bleachers, mainly in the front row as of now. They’re also power washing all the bleachers and cement floors as well. What I presumed in my last update to be maintenance on the lights along the water is continuing as well.

BC93D009-2A03-4E91-8AA4-21C54C258787.jpeg

5A1AC691-D9BA-4257-A8CB-A723E6619916.jpeg

Regardless, it’s nice to see general maintenance being done to the show and amphitheater. Also, if you didn’t know they’re using the entrance queue to F!/amphitheater as a queue area for Tower of Terror due to extra social distancing capacity. So there’s plenty of social distancing markers near the area. Hopefully not to be confused with F! coming back soon.
C88E37DE-9E4F-4A02-8396-64A7FF233AEC.jpeg

F3A84258-A508-479F-9A7D-D383AAA9824A.jpeg

TTA94

Original Poster

I’ve noticed something that I somehow didn’t see before. It seems they’re currently renovating some of the bleachers, mainly in the front row as of now. They’re also power washing all the bleachers and cement floors as well. What I presumed in my last update to be maintenance on the lights along the water is continuing as well.

View attachment 499055
View attachment 499056

Regardless, it’s nice to see general maintenance being done to the show and amphitheater. Also, if you didn’t know they’re using the entrance queue to F!/amphitheater as a queue area for Tower of Terror due to extra social distancing capacity. So there’s plenty of social distancing markers near the area. Hopefully not to be confused with F! coming back soon.

Would be nice if they are secretly updating the show to be somewhat like Disneyland’s. Even just updated lighting, fountains, and adding projections.

jrhwdw

View attachment 499055
View attachment 499056

View attachment 499057
View attachment 499058

I think the F! Queue was used for BATB sometimes pre COVID?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom