POTC parrot?

yankspy

While we are on the subject, why did they remove the skull and crossbones that used to talk right before the drop? All he said was "There be squalls ahead, etc." Surely that did not mess with the theme.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While we are on the subject, why did they remove the skull and crossbones that used to talk right before the drop? All he said was "There be squalls ahead, etc." Surely that did not mess with the theme.
From what I remember it was removed for the same reasons. It to was kind of cheesy and cartoonish.

Figment632

Original Poster

From what I remember it was removed for the same reasons. It to was kind of cheesy and cartoonish.

Just like the Parrot it is still in DL, so haw was the skull to cheesie for WDW and not DL?

PurpleDragon

Wow, its rather funny to see people get so worked up over a stupid little parrot. I thought the thing was neat but it got annoying after the first 10 seconds.

As others have said he was very cartoonish and did not fit with the movie tie-in themeing. How is that so hard to understand?

Figment632

Original Poster
Wow, its rather funny to see people get so worked up over a stupid little parrot. I thought the thing was neat but it got annoying after the first 10 seconds.

As others have said he was very cartoonish and did not fit with the movie tie-in themeing. How is that so hard to understand?

Then how do explain bot the parrot and the skull still being in DL :wave:

RiversideBunny

Take a look at the parrot in this classic Disney movie.
'Treasure Island' is still an excellent move, BTW.

http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Isla...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1272039498&sr=1-1

The POTC attraction at WDW seems to be moving away from the type of pirates in 'Treasure Island' and toward the more whimsical and ethereal pirates in the Jack Sparrow movies.

:)

There's still a restaurant in the MK called The Pirate and the Parrot (in Spanish, although some may say it translates as parakeet). Those two seem to go together, though, a pirate and a parrot.

PurpleDragon

Then how do explain bot the parrot and the skull still being in DL :wave:

As others have explained the parrot in DL is pretty much a version of Cottons parrot and looks pretty realistic. The one in WDW was a cartoon version of a pirates parrot and would look completely out of place IMO.

The skull really made no difference to me one way or the other, it really had no effect on the ride except to warn riders of the drop.:shrug:

Figment632

Original Poster
As others have explained the parrot in DL is pretty much a version of Cottons parrot and looks pretty realistic. The one in WDW was a cartoon version of a pirates parrot and would look completely out of place IMO.

The skull really made no difference to me one way or the other, it really had no effect on the ride except to warn riders of the drop.:shrug:

So like I said the parrot could have been replaced to look and act more serious or another AA could have replaced it.

PurpleDragon

So like I said the parrot could have been replaced to look and act more serious or another AA could have replaced it.

Then someone would have complained cause they removed the original for a less whimsical version. You can't make everyone happy all of the time. :brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Then someone would have complained cause they removed the original for a less whimsical version. You can't make everyone happy all of the time. :brick:
Or someone would have complained that the parrot was too cartoonish had they left him there, or that he was green, or that his eye patch was not made of authentic Hungarian sheep's wool, or the stitching on his hat was not done by a 15 year old left handed Cuban maiden, etc, etc.

PurpleDragon

Or someone would have complained that the parrot was too cartoonish had they left him there, or that he was green, or that his eye patch was not made of authentic Hungarian sheep's wool, or the stitching on his hat was not done by a 15 year old left handed Cuban maiden, etc, etc.

ROFLMAO!!! Exactly!! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

HMF

They are different parrots. The one at DL looks like Cottons parrot and not the whimsical parrot that is Peg leg Pete. He also just squawks an occasional Yo Ho and does not have the full barker script that Pete has.

Peg Leg Pete at WDW.
123019823_e12efa2481.jpg

Parrot at DL
pirates-map-web.jpg
Prior to the 06 refurb Peg-leg Pete was at DL too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom