Post pictures of your Scrapbooking Area

k.hunter30

Ok y'all...
DH and I have finally made it a priority to make something of our third bedroom. He just got a new job which will most likely have him "working" 24/7. Since he's going to be out some evenings, he wanted to make this room my scrapbooking room that I can spend some time in! :sohappy: We don't have the largest budget - and we are starting on a clean slate as far as organizational objects/containers go. We have two desks in there - but they're writing desks - with drawers, etc. It's not too big of a space - I'd say 13x11.

What are the main things I'll need to start my room (DisneyFalcon - I'm looking at you! ;) )? We don't have the largest budget to work with, but my birthday is coming up... Any suggestions as for a starting point?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Okay I'd love to help!!

Organizing 12x12 paper is the biggest hurdle. You can find many cheap office supply organizers for most things, but as you can guess you have to look for more specialized things to hold 12x12. The new Cropper hopper vertical storage is pretty inexpensive and doesn't take up much space. They come in black or clear. Here's a link:
http://www.cropperhopper.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=140

You can store printed paper in them too, but since printed paper is flimsier, you would need these to go in the above product. There are value packs that contain both. A lot of Michaels have the value packs so you could use your coupon!
http://www.cropperhopper.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=150

For my printed paper I use a 12x12 file with hanging file folders. Crop in Style makes them:
http://www.createforless.com/products/productDetail.asp?ProductID=97619

They make many cubes to store all different products. Here's a picture for ideas:
http://shop.cropinstyle.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5

Now if you like the cubes - Target sells their own brand cheap! Unfortunately Target doesn't have the 12x12 file and you can't mix the two brands easily - they're slightly different sizes. The cubes are great though. There's all different kinds with drawers, shelves, etc. They can be stacked together to look nice.

Jars are great for ribbons, buttons, flowers etc. You'll need some small drawers of some kinds for miscellaneous. For my big shelf that holds everything I've just got the cheap Target wireless storage. Ikea had a beautiful wood (probably fake wood:D ) shelf that has the same effect I'd like to get sometime. If you've got an Ikea near you they're very cheap. Here it is:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40047675

If you've got a container store near you, go inside. I could wander around in there for hours!! They've got great storage products.

Is that too much information?:)

ljs1691

Hey Kat that is great news!! Congrats! You will enjoy having a space of your own.

I have an idea, I say we convince Tammy that she needs to come to Nashville for a visit and we can just put her to work when she gets here. I'd say she could have both of us organized in a week. Don't you think? :D

Laurie

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Hey Kat that is great news!! Congrats! You will enjoy having a space of your own.

I have an idea, I say we convince Tammy that she needs to come to Nashville for a visit and we can just put her to work when she gets here. I'd say she could have both of us organized in a week. Don't you think? :D

Laurie

I'm there!!!:)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
You got me! I'm back! I finally got everything put away today - TONS of new scrapbooking goodies:D , and now I'm putting some finishing touches on some things.

I'll post some pages tomorrow!

ljs1691

Ok here I am with a few pics. :sohappy: Still no new camera but I am trying to be patient.

I know this is an old thread but I never got my space posted so here it is. Maybe there are a few more of you out there that have not done this either.
I actually gave up my actual craft room 3 years ago when I inherited a step-daughter. I had to cram everything into my bedroom but I've managed to make it work until I can get a more permanent home for it all. (maybe in a couple more years)

DSCF0663-1.jpg

This is my "craft cabinet" with everything all tucked away.

DSCF0653-1.jpg

Here is what is on the inside. Ok, no comments on the mess. I just rearranged everything and not everything has a permanent home.

DSCF0656-1.jpg

The work space is bigger than it looks but I still could use much more space.

DSCF0647-1.jpg

bookshelf for more stuff

DSCF0648-1.jpg

Rubber stamp storage is in the bottom of the book shelf.

DSCF0641-1.jpg

I have all this stuff hidden behind the door. The space is just deep enough that it works.

DSCF0642-2.jpg

Love my Making Memories Embellishment Center

DSCF0643-1.jpg

The black tower is an old cd storage tower that I have repurposed into an ink pad storage tower. I actually cut cardboard into little shelves to fit inside. I know, you might be a redneck comes to mind but hey, it really works well and it was free.

So there it is!
Laurie :wave:

ljs1691

Laurie that's a great cabinet!! It's nice to be able to hide it all!! I really like it!

Thanks! Since I don't have a "room" to myself anymore, it helps to be able to hide the mess. But it does make it tough to work on anything that can't be finished before bed.

mouselvrmom

Wow, I love your space, Laurie! Someday I'm hoping to have my own dedicated space too. It looks like you are very organized! Someday I'm hoping to be organized too. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom