Possible Frontierland expansion

EricsBiscuit

Disney has plenty of money, just not the vision to see how some investments (though costly) could make the parks better for the guests. Quality new attractions, in the end, will help the bottom line. Quality wins repeat customers every time.

I can see your point about spreading the E-ticket in other parks, but MK hasn't had an e-ticket built since Splash Mtn in the early 90's. I thought the 50th would be the best chance of getting a new one. Sure the other parks need it more, but MK has capacity issues. A nice high capacity ride will help a little with that. IMHO.
um MK got SDMT and Ariel! Not to mention a badass M&G/attraction for BAtB. Just because you don't like the attraction doesn't mean it's not an E-ticket. Both SDMT and Ariel are Es. Especially with their popularity and scale.

jt04

Since this is being discussed in other threads, lets put this thread back to purpose.

For a possible Frontierland Expansion this area beyond the rail tracks looks to be where the expansion would happen. The current restrooms building (and some back stage buildings) would have to be leveled, as well as a pond relocated to open up to the land:
View attachment 195122
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad train service shop blocks the land further north unless a FL expansion leaves access to go around it at a later date, to connect to another land built across the access canal some day.

This area is roughly 1.5 acres, plenty of room for at least one "E" :
View attachment 195123

Well done. But I think the only way they could make this work is to use the area you have designated as an entry/exit portal connected to the large pad back there. And the only way that works is removing IaSW and creating a new loop. Add a new or relocate the Frontierland train station and you have room to work. This idea really resonates with me and my instincts usually prove right. So, they will go big here or they won't pull the trigger. ;)

WRE or DB seems like the likely source material they would draw from. Keeping in mind that old west motifs have to be handled with sensitivity and rightfully so. I honestly think the Frontierland you have at WDW may get reimagined. Not so much Disneyland due to Hollywood's connection to the western, the region it is physically located in and Walt's legacy.

That is all.

Bocabear

um MK got SDMT and Ariel! Not to mention a badass M&G/attraction for BAtB. Just because you don't like the attraction doesn't mean it's not an E-ticket. Both SDMT and Ariel are Es. Especially with their popularity and scale.
OMG Seriously? Even Disney said 7 Dwarfs was not an E ticket... Just because it is popular does not make it an E ticket. So I guess you are also suggestion the Belle Meet and Greet is also an E ticket attraction? and Fairytale Hall?
that is ridiculous

DisneyFan 2000

Not sure an E would do MK much good. Yes, it would add capacity and selfishly I would love something new but it would just add more people to an already overcrowded park. I hate to say it but the best thing for Disney to do at the moment is to convince those extra 8 million visitors only MK seems to get to visit the other parks.

ryguy

Not sure an E would do MK much good. Yes, it would add capacity and selfishly I would love something new but it would just add more people to an already overcrowded park. I hate to say it but the best thing for Disney to do at the moment is to convince those extra 8 million visitors only MK seems to get to visit the other parks.
I think if Avatar and Star Wars Land live up to billing then MK will feel the effects. At least one can hope.

jhendrix

Well done. But I think the only way they could make this work is to use the area you have designated as an entry/exit portal connected to the large pad back there. And the only way that works is removing IaSW and creating a new loop. Add a new or relocate the Frontierland train station and you have room to work. This idea really resonates with me and my instincts usually prove right. So, they will go big here or they won't pull the trigger. ;)

WRE or DB seems like the likely source material they would draw from. Keeping in mind that old west motifs have to be handled with sensitivity and rightfully so. I honestly think the Frontierland you have at WDW may get reimagined. Not so much Disneyland due to Hollywood's connection to the western, the region it is physically located in and Walt's legacy.

That is all.

Could something get added south of Splash Mountain? The walkway from FL to AL is pretty dead, except for a (pretty amazing) waffle cart. Whatever could/would go there would need to blend the Frontier theme in with the Caribbean.

How could Frontierland get "reimagined"? Do you mean changing the theme, or altering the story?

P_Radden

Could something get added south of Splash Mountain? The walkway from FL to AL is pretty dead, except for a (pretty amazing) waffle cart. Whatever could/would go there would need to blend the Frontier theme in with the Caribbean.

How could Frontierland get "reimagined"? Do you mean changing the theme, or altering the story?
I highly doubt they would expand in that area due to infrastructure restraints:
MKbs1.png

Red: Electrical
Yellow: Trash collection/compactor
Blue: Main Parade route access

deWild

This would have to come with a serious rework of the paths right? You'd end up with INSANE bottlenecks at the Splash bridge as well as the train station area.

The bottleneck at Splash is awful enough as it is, so I would assume management would need to open up a new path around the RoA (as was suggested a couple posts below yours) or through Tom Sawyer Island before a new Frontierland expansion ever occurred. Question is, what goes in all those expansion pads in the future to eliminate the obstruction of traffic at Splash?

S 2

I highly doubt they would expand in that area due to infrastructure restraints:
View attachment 195305
Red: Electrical
Yellow: Trash collection/compactor
Blue: Main Parade route access

I respectfully disagree, all of those can be relocated.. I actually envision a back loop eventually being built from the area you suggested, up to connect to the far side of the Frontierland Train station... another loop that interests me personally (and one would would take YEARS longer to 'evolve') is a full loop around the ROA... it would take many expansions to eventually connect it but I think it would be so cool if they incoporated a few other Americana towns/period architecture around the loop...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom