Possible Frontierland expansion

P_Radden

This would have to come with a serious rework of the paths right? You'd end up with INSANE bottlenecks at the Splash bridge as well as the train station area.
You're absolutely right. The only way to not make the whole area more of a dead end would be to some wrap around behind Splash to connect past the trash compactor by the parade gate..

..Or connect north around BTMRR service to something eventually on that norther western corner plot. Still lots of expansion area NW of RoA and north of Fantasy Land to eventually (long term) wrap it all around:
MK1.png

Last edited:

montyz81

I spend the absolute least amount of time in Tomorrowland. I don't do Astro because of my slight fear of heights, I skip Space Mountain because it's dangerous and scares the crap out of me, I skip the Speedway, I skip Stitch. I don't do the Laugh Floor, not because I dislike it, I just bypass it. Buzz/shooter games do nothing for me. So ... yeah. Tomorrowland is a bust for me and needs the overhaul more but I recognize that's me and many people love all of the above.

Frontierland doesn't need the help or really an expansion. Adventureland could use an expansion before Frontierland, just for the sake of the crowding (the Carpets were put in the wrong spot, that's a LOT of space that could be used to shuffle guests around). Frontierland should be last on the list, but it will eventually need something to free up the walking space.

I've always felt our Frontierland was slightly weaker than the others, not as much to explore (unless you go to Tom Sawyer Island), just a long strip mall, there needs to be more areas you can escape into and look around. Like instead of the railroad station being where it is, build a new station and expand that way, like where the Golden Oak Outpost is, just off-the-path areas to get away from the gridlock.

The two e-tickets are fantastic (Big Thunder is overdue for a plussing) and I love the Country Bears. Expanding behind the Rivers, not on the river, would be ideal and then connect you to Liberty Square instead of the dead end by Big Thunder.
WRE is what they need to do for an expansion.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Why can't Disney do both? I thought a new E-Ticket was on the table for all parks (minus AK).

Because money? I don't know? I don't know what is on the table. I am not Martin. :) And Spirit said they want to do "50 things" for the 50th.

But if there are going to be e-ticket(s) for the 50th, it would be nice to put them in the other parks. And at the same time, focus on some good refurbs at MK and maybe a replacement or two in TL. Again, that is personal preference

PorterRedkey

Because money? I don't know? I don't know what is on the table. I am not Martin. :) And Spirit said they want to do "50 things" for the 50th.

But if there are going to be e-ticket(s) for the 50th, it would be nice to put them in the other parks. And at the same time, focus on some good refurbs at MK and maybe a replacement or two in TL. Again, that is personal preference
Disney has plenty of money, just not the vision to see how some investments (though costly) could make the parks better for the guests. Quality new attractions, in the end, will help the bottom line. Quality wins repeat customers every time.

I can see your point about spreading the E-ticket in other parks, but MK hasn't had an e-ticket built since Splash Mtn in the early 90's. I thought the 50th would be the best chance of getting a new one. Sure the other parks need it more, but MK has capacity issues. A nice high capacity ride will help a little with that. IMHO.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom