Possible Frontierland expansion

doctornick

Original Poster
This - assuming it gets the green.

Well, color me very intrigued. I'd certainly prefer something that does not wipe out TSI or the river traffic.

So, it sounds like -- if approved -- something going either in the expansion pad behind Splash/BTMRR or if they are being more ambitious then building a bridge over the canal and putting something on the north side along the RoA. I feel confident it would be the former, which is cool, but would only exacerbate the issues of having a dead end in Frontierland. I'd love to see the latter since it might be an indication of a longer ambitious plan to connect Frontierland and Liberty Sq on the northern side.

doctornick

Original Poster
Funny you should mention that. If they do, its a separate budget than the 350m that was mentioned with the 3.5B makeover.

Which begs the question of what is the approved ~$350M for the MK going to? Is it possible we could get a significant Adventureland addition or some changes in Tomorrowland with that money? Those seem the most likely places to spend the money. I hope we might find out at D23 something about that -- it seems likely that we won't hear any official details about Frontierland for some time since it's still working its way through the approval process.

PhotoDave219

Which begs the question of what is the approved ~$350M for the MK going to? Is it possible we could get a significant Adventureland addition or some changes in Tomorrowland with that money? Those seem the most likely places to spend the money. I hope we might find out at D23 something about that -- it seems likely that we won't hear any official details about Frontierland for some time since it's still working its way through the approval process.

Fantastic question. IDK.

doctornick

Original Poster
I'm finding the same people who hate on Tom Sawyer's Island are the same people hating on the Speedway.

Count me among those who don't fit that. I definitely want them to keep TSI and the river traffic, but would prefer to see the Speedway go. In fact, I think there are completely opposite issues -- TSI/RoA enhance the theme of Frontierland/Liberty Square and provide a nice relaxing place that anyone can enjoy. The Speedway is a terrible fit for the Tomorrowland theme, are loud/smelly, and have a limited target audience. I'm firmly in the mind that if you simply much keep the go kart concept, at least make it fit better by switching to electric cars and changing the decor.

On top of that, it would be much easier/cheaper to replace the Speedway with something better while TSI/RoA would be quite costly and complicated to replace.

ToTBellHop

I would think that money would be for refurbs, fireworks, and a new nighttime parade or updates to the current MSEP. It can't keep going on as is.

doctornick

Original Poster
I would think that money would be for refurbs, fireworks, and a new nighttime parade or updates to the current MSEP. It can't keep going on as is.

Sure, I could some or all of that stuff, but $350M is a lot of money. Would be able to do most of that and still get a new attraction. In theory.

Also, I don't see a replacement for both Wishes and MSEP in the short term. Maybe one, but not both until the 50th.

Anyway, I would love to see a new ride in either the Adventureland expansion pad or one of the ones in Tomorrowland. The space is there and MK needs capacity.

dstrawn9889

from what i know of business, there is a plan in place, or the money would not be allocated. No company says 'here have 350m, figure out what to do with it'... as for what everyone knows, they have been very tight lipped since the premature release of information of Avatar...

mahnamahna101

Considering that one CM mentioned New Tomorrowland, also. I'd guess $350 million for that, and a separate $150-200 million budget just for the 50th (spread over a 2.5-3 yr period)

$350 million could fix up Space and CoP, enhance the PeopleMover and Speedway, replace Stitch, and possibly give us 1 C/D in one of the Tomorrowland expansion pads. Fixing Frontierland and Tomorrowland up takes a lot of stress off the Mountains and will allow Adventureland to get some love in the future.

mahnamahna101

Sure, I could some or all of that stuff, but $350M is a lot of money. Would be able to do most of that and still get a new attraction. In theory.

Also, I don't see a replacement for both Wishes and MSEP in the short term. Maybe one, but not both until the 50th.

Anyway, I would love to see a new ride in either the Adventureland expansion pad or one of the ones in Tomorrowland. The space is there and MK needs capacity.
I'd rather see all of Tomorrowland fixed up, with one C/D as icing on the cake. The only way I'd support Adventureland getting the $350m is if we finally get Fire Mountain or JttCotE. A clone of Aladdin from DCA would be great, too.

PhotoDave219

I'd rather see all of Tomorrowland fixed up, with one C/D as icing on the cake. The only way I'd support Adventureland getting the $350m is if we finally get Fire Mountain or JttCotE. A clone of Aladdin from DCA would be great, too.

Look, the last I heard any discussion on the topic is that it was going to go to a lot of little things.

mahnamahna101

Look, the last I heard any discussion on the topic is that it was going to go to a lot of little things.
So that $350 million is the budget for the 50th, more or less (in terms of fixing up attractions throughout MK)?

Ok. Good to have confirmation, even if I'd like to see Tomorrowland refreshed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom