Port Orleans Advice

Cluno

They aren't. FQ has dedicated buses most of the time, but even when the buses are combined with RS, FQ is first on, first off. Unless they've changed it since we've been there.
When we were there earlier this month, not all busses were shared, but for the ones that were, FQ was last on, first off.

mf1972

we might choose riverside to qualify for free dining this October. my main question are the buses. I've always noticed huge lines in the past returning from the parks. is it really that bad?

Sassagoula-Rvr

French Quarter is awesome! I have not been to a deluxe yet, but for the money...French Quarter is the best resort on property!!

The bus issue I have never really experienced, besides the water parks! We usually have a dedicated bus there it seems like! Riverside was AWFUL bus wise when we stayed there 8 or 10 years ago. I won't go back to Riverside because of that reason...it was a nightmare.

French Quarter is small, quiet...the perfect place to relax after a long day at the park! With a fun pool for the kids! And I have to say, as an adult...the pool bar, or the lounge are both a fun time as well!

Princess A

We are currently staying at Riverside and I have to say, the bus service has been fantastic. Our nearest stop is North Depot and we have always been some of the first people on the buses. Only a few occasions we have had to stand and we have often given up our seats for older guests and young families. The boat service to Downtown has been amazing too. It depends if you plan on travelling at peak times. We have found that travelling later has been better for us. We have also had a couple of early dining reservations at Magic Kingdom and have not had a problem with transport at all. I will say, if you enjoy walking then the walk between Riverside and FQ is not a long one; no need to get the boat or bus.

Personally my partner and I have preferred Riverside over French Quarter because we found the theming to be better, but I will praise their food court as the selections at French Quarter are great. :)

We are going home on Sunday and I am heartbroken. :arghh:

Misterdcp

I always stay at Riverside but we always take a stroll over to FQ at least once during our stay (mostly for the beignets) It's just a different atomosphere over there. Overall the Port Orleans Resorts are my all time favorite

Stellajack

Premium Member
First stay at POFQ this month. We really liked this resort, though we aren't sure we prefer it yet over POR. Someone earlier mentioned the wildlife on these resort grounds. Those little rabbits are amazingly calm when guests walk by or just stop. I suppose they have heard that Florida has a "stand your ground" law!

HauntedMansionFLA

Everything's mostly been mentioned, I stay at FQ roughly about 3-5 times a year and I love this resort! It's my favorite and my home away from home. You will love it, have a great time! My fav building is building 2 and I always get the pool view or river view, and I love the boat to DTD and the walk along the river to Riverside is a nice stroll and not far at all if you'd like to check out that part of the resort. The buses I've always had great experiences as well and the food court is decent as well. The gift shop is great and front desk is always a lot of help if you need anything.
How long does it take to get to each park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom