Port Orleans Advice

Boardwalk-empire

Original Poster
Next month, my family and I are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter for the first time! I've heard great things. Those of you, who have stayed there, how was it? Any advice or must do's?

daisyduckie

I love POFQ! My advice would be that if you need quiet for little ones to nap, ask for a upper floor room. There are elevators in each building. An upper floor will be much quieter than a lower floor.

eddiemcgarrigle

POFQ is a great resort, small and compact and nothing is too far away. Best choice for quiet would be building 7 which is also the closest to Riverside, which is a great place to have a wander around.

Kingoglow

MY wife and I stayed at POFQ last Fall and loved it. Small, quiet resort with good bus service. We stayed in building 7 which is said to be the building furthest away from everything but since the resort is so small - furthest away means a 3 minute walk.

Here is a site that has all the information that you need. It covers both French Quarter and Riverside.

http://www.portorleans.org/

Belle_MTL

We stayed in the FQ 3 years ago and thought it was a nice resort (and we're die-hard Fort Wilderness people!). The pool is really great, some of the kids requested to leave the parks early to go back to the pool. I really enjoyed their setup for the movies under the stars as well. Also the boat ride to downtown Disney is a nice break from the buses.
My favourite part though was how sound proof the rooms are! We had a lower room facing the parking lot and would occasionally hear people as the walked by. However, we didn't hear any tantrums from my nephews/niece next door, nor did they hear a sound from my crying 1 year old!

TB4244

Its a lovely walk from one side of the resort to the other, so peaceful. I believe its about a 10 minute walk from one main building to the other, but obviously the time will vary depending where you are.
The boat ride to DTD is worth staying there for that alone!

Seanual757

Our preferred resort we have stayed in BLD 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 we love it. We just returned from a week at POFQ over spring break. The walk is no more than 5 minutes from any building to the food court or the bus stop. The pool is great, you can take the boat over to Riverside, or Disney Springs.

Missymoe4

First off, lucky duck!! I love POFQ. I have stayed in almost all of the deluxe resorts, and yet find the FQ to be among the best.

I stayed in Building 3 on the first floor. It was the perfect room for us. We did face the parking lot, but for us that wasn't a huge deal. It's not like there are balcony's to sit on and enjoy the scenery. However, outside of the food area are some great tables/chairs. Later at night we'd bring over some beverages, have a good conversation, enjoy the scenery and have a nice time. I loved the quaintness of the resort. The staff was so kind and friendly. It's a lovely resort.

Have a great time!!

Missymoe4

Um, and now that I keep raving about it, I'm going to start to tell myself to be quiet before word gets out.

The smallness of the place, the short walk for food, busses, pool is crazy great....

They decorated so nicely for the holidays (and even piped in holiday music with a jazz beat!).

The greeter at the entrance is so friendly. I have tons of different beaded necklaces and doubloons. It's so much fun!

...oh and the food is delicious! It's a lot of food (especially if you get a po'boy and fries -- almost enough to split). Don't forget to have a fresh beignet!

sheriffwoody

We stayed at French Quarter for our honeymoon, so it has a special place in my heart. I've only been to two other resorts so far, but FQ remains my favorite :) I love the atmosphere! We had a building right next to the food court area, so it was perfect for filling our mugs often and getting our money's worth on that!

TXDisney

We're debating POR our next trip. We have a trip planned the week after thanksgiving in 2016, but not sure we can wait that long before our next trip. So I won't want to throw the money at a deluxe for a quick trip in like April of 2016. We stayed at POR for 1 night, so we don't really have a gage as far as convenience and all

We will be going to POFQ on the 19th of this month. This will be our second time there. We have stayed at almost all of the resorts over the past 28 yrs. we normally stayed at POR. But we decide on our last trip to stay at FQ due to my knee. The elevators was the reason, but now we are in love with FQ. The smallness makes this a perfect place for us to stay. We love walking around the resort at night and during the last stay we had no problem walking from POR back to our room after having a meal at Boatwright. We were in blg 7. It took us about 10 mins to do the walk at a nice slow pace. We alway walked or bike around both resorts and love stopping and watching the different animals in the resorts area. We have seen owls, otters, an alligator, bald eagle, ducks, rabbits, herons, and other water birds. It a perfect place for kids, you can use either pool also.

JasonDeyoung

Everything's mostly been mentioned, I stay at FQ roughly about 3-5 times a year and I love this resort! It's my favorite and my home away from home. You will love it, have a great time! My fav building is building 2 and I always get the pool view or river view, and I love the boat to DTD and the walk along the river to Riverside is a nice stroll and not far at all if you'd like to check out that part of the resort. The buses I've always had great experiences as well and the food court is decent as well. The gift shop is great and front desk is always a lot of help if you need anything.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom