Polynesian - WOW!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I have to be honest, if I wasn't running during marathon weekend, I don't think I would have booked at the Poly. But since I will need to pay attention to pre-race food, it won't bother me as much as it might normally and I'll still be getting one meal at Sanaa, but sadly there will be no Jiko or Boma on this trip :(. I will, however, FINALLY get to eat at Ohana. My sister is only lukewarm on the menu and since she and my brother-in-law leave one day before my DD and I do, I jumped on the chance to make an ADR for us on our last night there :)

MissViv

Original Poster
It is expensive but we booked for our trip in July with a BB offer and fell in love. It is perfection!! We loved it so much that when I couldn't get a room in Sept. with the BB offer, we paid full price. I just can't explain how wonderful it is ... it does help that I am going halfsies with my dear SIL for our upcoming Sept. trip.

We do not spend all day in the parks, we like to come back to the hotel and spend some downtime and the poly is perfect.

We loved the location of Samoa, right in between the two pools (very little noise - the pools close at 11:00 p.m.). We stayed on the 3rd floor but next trip we have requested ground floor to be able to just walk out and sit on the patio. Didn't see a single mosquito the whole time we were there.

The ambiance is at night ..... I'm missing it since I came home. We have NEVER stayed a more memorable hotel we enjoyed it that much!!

Last edited:

crxbrett

It is expensive but we booked for our trip in July with a BB offer and fell in love. It is perfection!! We loved it so much that when I couldn't get a room in Sept. with the BB offer, we paid full price. I just can't explain how wonderful it is ... it does help that I am going halfsies with my dear SIL for our upcoming Sept. trip.

We do not spend all day in the parks, we like to come back to the hotel and spend some downtime and the poly is perfect.

We loved the location of Samoa, right in between the two pools (very little noise - the pools close at 11:00 p.m.). We stayed on the 3rd floor but next trip we have requested ground floor to be able to just walk out and sit on the patio. Didn't see a single mosquito the whole time we were there.

The ambiance is at night ..... I'm missing it since I came home. We have NEVER stayed a more memorable hotel we enjoyed it that much!!

I have never gotten a single mosquito bite in all the years I have been at WDW and stayed at the Poly. I am convinced they have something in the air or lights or some noises or something that shoos them away! LOL It's also more than likely the tiki torches use citronella or lemongrass oil which makes bugs head for the hills.

Megbutnotmegan

We just got back from our first Poly stay last week and I completely agree! I loved it so much! We had a "standard view" room but it was actually a lake view with a big tree blocking the castle. We can't wait to go back.

21stamps

Tuvalu is my favorite longhouse.. but it is farther away from the pools.. views are gorgeous and close to the trail to GF.. plus, the beach on that side has always been such a great relaxing area.

Sounds like it was possibly Aotearoa?
thank you...can you tell me what floor and if you had a balcony. We usually stay at either the Grand Floridian or the Beach Club. My Grandson really wants to stay at the Poly because of the pool and I need help on deciding on the Longhouse.

21stamps

There's a trail from the Poly to GF? Please educate me!

Yes!! It's so pretty! We enjoy walking it.. I enjoyed running it last year while kiddo was on his pirate adventure cruise.
IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

Last edited:

crxbrett

Tuvalu is my favorite longhouse.. but it is farther away from the pools.. views are gorgeous and close to the trail to GF.. plus, the beach on that side has always been such a great relaxing area.

I wish the 'Walk Around The World' had been completed. It would have allowed guests to walk all the way from the MK to the GF and Poly. The Poly trails at night are so relaxing and peaceful. Nothing like going out for a late night walk at like 3 or 4am!

Megbutnotmegan

thank you...can you tell me what floor and if you had a balcony. We usually stay at either the Grand Floridian or the Beach Club. My Grandson really wants to stay at the Poly because of the pool and I need help on deciding on the Longhouse.
We were on the ground floor so we had a little patio (I think that it is counted as a balcony). The 3rd floor has actual balconies.

crxbrett

You got it!! I thought the location was perfect. We found it easy to walk to GCH and pools. It's a little far to TTC but honestly we always ate breakfast at Kona Cafe before leaving so we were never headed there straight from the room.

Yeah! I stayed in that building on the ground floor looking at the beach/lagoon a long time ago when it was still called Tahiti and it was a great view! It is, like you said, on the opposite end from the TTC. But I love walking so it never made me wish i was in another building. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom