Polynesian - WOW!!

MissViv

Original Poster
We just returned from our Disney stay at the Polynesian and all I can say is WOW!!

Contemporary was our favorite but now it is the Poly. We loved it so much that I tried to upgrade our reservation for Sept. from POFQ to the Poly but it was all booked. After getting home, I saw a standard room was available and it was not available for the BB offer but we paid full price anyway - we loved it that much! So ..... my dear sister in law and I are going to the Poly in Sept. for four nights!!

We stayed on the 3rd floor of the Samoa longhouse and it was just perfect. We got the King Size bed we asked for and the room was big and clean. The hallways smell great! Our mousekeeper was always friendly and smiling, she kept our room nice and clean. The monorail transportation was great.

We watched the fireworks from the pool & beach area each night. Food was great at the fast food area (Capt. Hooks). Loved the fried rice and Asian Noodles. Dole Whips FANTASTIC!

Weather_Lady

Thanks for your rave review! We're staying there for the first time in April 2018 (split stay: 3 nights at Beach Club, 2 nights at Poly in a standard DVC studio - only the second time we've ever stayed deluxe, and our first time at both resorts) and I can hardly wait!

DisneyPrincess5

So glad you loved it!
Poly holds a special place in my heart-DH and I stayed here for our first two trips together. We adore it there (did my avatar give that away?) So beautiful, we just love the whole theming, love the bit of a 70s vibe, the dining options are great...we especially love the simplicity but uniqueness of Captain Cooks, monorail access is a huge perk, proximity to MK is lovely. I could go on forever. We just love it!

correcaminos

I think over all with my extended family, the Polynesian is the favorite resort by far. The smells - love it there! Glad you ha a great stay!

@Weather_Lady enjoy your split stay! We really like BC and PVB (studios are the best - the stand alone shower has the best mix of shower heads I've ever had) so I bet you will have a wonderful trip!

crxbrett

I have only stayed at the Poly (9th trip is this year) so I associate WDW with it. I am planning a trip next summer but am planning my first 2 or 3 nights at AKL before moving to my 'home away from home' the Poly. I almost feel as though I am betraying her or that I won't have as much fun. lol

The Poly is fantastic and glad to see you loved it! I honestly can't say a single bad thing about it.

So glad you loved it!
Poly holds a special place in my heart-DH and I stayed here for our first two trips together. We adore it there (did my avatar give that away?) So beautiful, we just love the whole theming, love the bit of a 70s vibe, the dining options are great...we especially love the simplicity but uniqueness of Captain Cooks, monorail access is a huge perk, proximity to MK is lovely. I could go on forever. We just love it!
Only stayed at Poly once years ago...going back April2018...what is best longhouse for standard? Please help!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Only stayed at Poly once years ago...going back April2018...what is best longhouse for standard? Please help!
Regular room (non DVC)
Rarotonga is most conveniently located, closest to the bus stop, monorail and quiet pool. Quickest walk to the TTC for Epcot monorail.
Samoa is centrally located and has pool views on either side (may hear pool noise.)
Nuie is next to Samoa and is the smallest longhouse. Quick walk to pools and Great Ceremonial House.
Aeotearoa, Fiji and Tuvalu are on the other side of the marina and are further from amenities but have prettier views.

Regular room (non DVC)
Rarotonga is most conveniently located, closest to the bus stop, monorail and quiet pool. Quickest walk to the TTC for Epcot monorail.
Samoa is centrally located and has pool views on either side (may hear pool noise.)
Nuie is next to Samoa and is the smallest longhouse. Quick walk to pools and Great Ceremonial House.
Aeotearoa, Fiji and Tuvalu are on the other side of the marina and are further from amenities but have prettier views.
Is Tuvalu a garden view category?

so if I wanted the best view in a standard garden room...which longhouse would you choose? Really want a water view room so I may have to upgrade reservation .

DisneyPrincess5

Congrats on going back. Both times we stayed at Rarotonga. We appreciated the convenience, being right next door to the GCH. Always quiet, clean, great garden views.
Happy planning!

Thank you for that information....I could help anyone with where to stay at the GF or Beach Club...but have only stayed at Poly once years ago and we wanted to go back in April...so knowing best longhouse would be a plus...

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I have only stayed at the Poly (9th trip is this year) so I associate WDW with it. I am planning a trip next summer but am planning my first 2 or 3 nights at AKL before moving to my 'home away from home' the Poly. I almost feel as though I am betraying her or that I won't have as much fun. lol

Your post made me chuckle because I am staying at the Poly for the first time in January and I almost feel as though I am betraying AKL!;)

I am sure you will love AKL - maybe not enough to break up with the Poly, but you'll still make some good memories :joyfull:

crxbrett

Your post made me chuckle because I am staying at the Poly for the first time in January and I almost feel as though I am betraying AKL!;)

I am sure you will love AKL - maybe not enough to break up with the Poly, but you'll still make some good memories :joyfull:

:D That is funny! We're cheating on our fav resorts. Lol I have eaten at Jiko before so I know I will like AKL. But, wow, do I feel guilty!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom