POLL: When are you planning to return to Walt Disney World?

When do you plan to next visit Walt Disney World following the reopening from coronavirus?

• As soon as the parks reopen

Votes: 178 11.7%
  • Within the first month of reopening

Votes: 128 8.4%
  • Within the first 3 months of reopening

Votes: 185 12.2%
  • Within the first 6 months of reopening

Votes: 116 7.6%
  • Sometime in 2020

Votes: 302 19.8%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 510 33.5%
  • No plans to return

Votes: 103 6.8%

• Total voters

Bpmorley

We're going in 2021. We have always gone in October to match up with my children's Fall Break in school but now my youngest will be starting college in the fall of 2021 so October is out now. :( Now we are going to have to go in mid to late August right before he starts classes next year. I am NOT looking forward to those crowds but hopefully it will not be as bad as I am imagining. I hope a lot of parents don't bother with a trip so close to school starting. It may be our last as a family and this trip will be me, my wife, my son, and my daughter with my two grandsons. We planned on staying on property but with Disney charging to park at the resorts we finally said "Enough is enough!" and decided to stay off property at the SpringHill Suites on Palm Parkway.
And there are people on all of the forums swearing that all these fees aren't chasing people away. I've already changed the way I do Disney because of what they charge. If DVC ever has to start paying to park, that just may be the final straw.

Last edited:

Maccabee18

I have a trip planned for May 27 and hoping the hotels will reopen by then at least even if the parks may not open until June 1st. Ill take a couple days by the pool and Disney springs. Hoping I don't have to cancel because I am not sure when I will be able to come back after that.

JoeCamel

I have a trip planned for May 27 and hoping the hotels will reopen by then at least even if the parks may not open until June 1st. Ill take a couple days by the pool and Disney springs. Hoping I don't have to cancel because I am not sure when I will be able to come back after that.
Considering the Florida peak is expected to be mid May or the first part I would expect that your ressie will be canceled. We were a little behind the curve in slowing this.

Prince-1

There is a zero percent chance that the parks will be open. Maybe a hotel but that might be pushing it.

Mickey5150

Germs are all around us and the statistics of dying of covid- 19 are far less then many other ways. I refuse to live my life in fear of dying!
It's attitudes like this which means I won't be going until there is a vaccine. Someone can carry the virus, not get very sick from it, but give it to someone else and kill them. I'm not worried about getting Coronavirus, I'm worried about the people I could give it to. My plan is for fall of 2021, things should be normal by then.

G00fyDad

And there are people on all of the forums swearing that all these fees aren't chasing people away. I've already changed the way I do Disney because of what they charge. If DVC ever has to start paying to park, that just may be the final straw.

It really sucks because we loved staying on property. :( But I refuse to allow Disney to nickel and dime me to death. We were willing to pay more to stay on property but not if they think so little of their guests that they are willing to hit us with fees just to make an extra buck. I'd maybe understand it if there were a logical reason for the parking fees but there isn't. It is purely a money grab. As a matter of fact this may be the last trip we ever take to WDW because of things like this. I know things change but it is just not like it used to be and they are showing more and more how little they care.

Bpmorley

It really sucks because we loved staying on property. :( But I refuse to allow Disney to nickel and dime me to death. We were willing to pay more to stay on property but not if they think so little of their guests that they are willing to hit us with fees just to make an extra buck. I'd maybe understand it if there were a logical reason for the parking fees but there isn't. It is purely a money grab. As a matter of fact this may be the last trip we ever take to WDW because of things like this. I know things change but it is just not like it used to be and they are showing more and more how little they care.
I feel ya. To be honest, we don't go the parks as much. Rarely eat on property. All due the rising prices and lower quality. And we rent over half our points out anymore. I know one of these days we're just going to sell. We're getting older, never had kids. Probably just keep one of the smaller contracts.

Texas84

Just rescheduled my April trip for November but if they open in May I'm there. After that is a no go because it's just too hot, virus or not.

I was there in February when distancing was just becoming a thing. My family tried to talk me out of going. I was at Epcot and this big guy started coughing loudly and a group of Japanese girls heard him and took off running. I was surprised, first, that they were even there, and, second, that they didn't have masks.

Seanual757

I have 4 trips still scheduled for this year we are local so travel to WDW is not an issue.

June 7-13 Jambo House
July 3-5 OKW
Sept 4-7 Riviera
Nov 27-29 VGF

John Zeller

We're local annual passholders but our level of AP is blacked out June and July. I guess it depends on when WDW reopens and if the normal blackout periods remain in place.

Disstevefan1

We actually have different vacation plans for this year, not because of the virus, and not because of anything Disney did or did not do. We've just never been to Hawaii and that is a bucket list item perfect for our wedding anniversary celebration (35 years!!! 💕 )

But... if we were local and had an AP, I would be back opening day. So, I voted that way.

CONGRATULATIONS on 35 years !!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom