POLL: Should Disney replace Imagination again?

Should Imagination Ride be replace again?

• No, leave this version as is -- Disney spent too much money trying to "fix" it already!

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • Yes, but change it back to the original!

Votes: 63 52.9%
  • Yes -- and find a new concept, connecting it to HIStA!

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Yes -- find a totally new concept, with a new 3D movie, replacing HIStA, and move HIStA to another p

Votes: 20 16.8%

• Total voters

General Grizz

Disnut said:
so what I am reading they changed JITI since 2002? that is when we last went.
Check out www.figmentsimagination.com. ("New Ride" section) Disney changed the entire ride, but it's still short. . . and. . . um. . . not quite up to "standards."

They brought FIGMENT back to the ride, but I still say it's a purple-colored Bugs Bunny.

The new versions are horrible. Bring back DREAMFINDER. . . and save up a gigantic budget. This thing deserves more. And make the Image Works decent - and upstiars!

We're sick of "dark" atmospheres at Epcot. Make things a little brighter (and not plastic), why don't you Disney?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
NemoRocks78 said:
I really think this ride needs to be replaced. I mean, i'm on it, and i'm saying to myself, "Could this be anymore stupid?" C'mon. This is one of THE worst attractions in any Disney park.

My opinion has certainly changed....I love the ride now. :lookaroun

shopgirl146

I LOVE the original attraction and can't really stand the new one but I think that the ride should stay as is and that they should re-do image works. I also think that maybe in a few years they could replace HISTA w/ a newer and more updated 3-D figment movie. I think that this would also help get a younger generation more excited about figment's character.

SewIn2Disney

I know i'm gonna get flamed for this one...but here goes.
Since we all know they arent going to bring back the original (as much as I'd love it) an update would be nice, with Figment and Dreamfinder as we've all mentioned. I think a ride sort of like the Superman ride in Universal would be nifty. (It's a dark ride, kind of half "Dinosaur" half 3-D show. It's really neat) I usually don't advocate Universal, it's just that that ride has the imagination and creativity of Disney.

aimster

A revamped version of the original would be great as far as I'm concerned. Make the queue bright and open again. Reopen the old Image Works upstairs. And of course... BRING BACK DREAMFINDER!!!

imagineer99

SewIn2Disney said:
I know i'm gonna get flamed for this one...but here goes.
Since we all know they arent going to bring back the original (as much as I'd love it) an update would be nice, with Figment and Dreamfinder as we've all mentioned. I think a ride sort of like the Superman ride in Universal would be nifty. (It's a dark ride, kind of half "Dinosaur" half 3-D show. It's really neat) I usually don't advocate Universal, it's just that that ride has the imagination and creativity of Disney.

Why would you be flamed? :confused:

BTW, It's SPIDERMAN (Superman is a DC comics character, whose theme parks rights belong to Six Flags).

I've never been a huge fan of the ride (like M:S, it's overhyped). However, it is an amazing piece of technology. Gotta respect that!:)

rainfully

How about Dreamfinder's Imagination Spin? You can help Figment and Dreamfinder add things to store in the Dreamport with your "idea catchers" located on your ride vehicle.

:lol:

SewIn2Disney

imagineer99 said:
Why would you be flamed? :confused:

BTW, It's SPIDERMAN (Superman is a DC comics character, whose theme parks rights belong to Six Flags).

I've never been a huge fan of the ride (like M:S, it's overhyped). However, it is an amazing piece of technology. Gotta respect that!:)
I figured i'd get flamed for bringing up a Universal ride, people around here can be touchy :).
And yes, I ment Spiderman. I was thinking Spidey, but I must have typed Superman. Sorry! And you are right, the technology on the ride is amazing! :)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
None of the Above

I have to agree with Gen. Grizz in that your voting options do not provide for some other reasonable choices. While I'm not happy with the last two iterations, and think the original was wonderful, I do not propose to go back to that.

What I feel is that we go back to the "spirit" of the original. Yes, we can do much more with it and add whatever technology (as long as it isn't technology for technology's sake). What this ride was was an exploration of imagination, and the various facets and iterations of imagination. It was the venue of Dreamfinder who was assisted in his pursuits by an assistant born of his imagination, Figment. Dreamfinder is the presenter of this journey, not Figment. If that can be captured in a new format, go for it!

Nora

Hi everyone! This is my first message, but I have been reading other people's posts for a while. I'm not sure why so many people seem so upset about the current incarnation of this attraction. The Dreamfinder version was good as well, but this ride has its own merits. On the whole I think it is pretty cute and, thanks to the number of people who either don't like it or don't notice it, you can always get right on. Honey I Shrunk the Audience, on the other hand, is showing its age. My husband and I don't even bother to see it anymore, because the other 3-D movies are so much better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom