POLL: Should Disney replace Imagination again?

Should Imagination Ride be replace again?

• No, leave this version as is -- Disney spent too much money trying to "fix" it already!

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • Yes, but change it back to the original!

Votes: 63 52.9%
  • Yes -- and find a new concept, connecting it to HIStA!

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Yes -- find a totally new concept, with a new 3D movie, replacing HIStA, and move HIStA to another p

Votes: 20 16.8%

• Total voters

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Should Disney replace the Imagination ride again? If so, what should they replace it with, the original, or a new concept? And if a new concept is chosen, what should this new concept be? Should it tie into History I Shrunk the Audience, like the current ride does, or should it be something new? Should HIStA be moved to another park, and a new 3D movie be installed to match the concept of whatever would replace the Imagination ride?

I think Disney has spent a lot of money trying to fix their mistake so far. Maybe trying to fix it again would be like throwing money at it, with no results.

Some say they should just spend the money to put the original back in. I believe the original was taken out because it was too expensive to operate, as moving parks kept breaking down. Maybe the solution could be a more robust version of the original, with less parts that could break down?

If Disney can find a winning concept, connecting it to HIStA, they can import this new ride to other Disney parks throughout the world, in my opinion. I think such a new ride could help Disneyland's Tomorrowland, for example. But would could that concept be?

How about a Monsters, Inc. ride? But that wouldn't connect with HIStA. So, we'll need a Monsters, Inc. 3D movie to go with it. But don't get rid of HIStA! Move it to the Magic Kingdom or MGM... or even Animal Kingdom (HIStA has animals in it)!

Your vote? And your replacement ride concepts?

General Grizz

NO movie tie-ins. No monsters.

We want Figment. We want Dreamfinder, if we're lucky.

We want a technilogical and quality experience - BETTER than the original.

Let's look at the poll options, shall we?

No, leave this version as is -- Disney spent too much money trying to "fix" it already!

I think it should stay like it is for the present with a hope to change it in max 8 years. . . hopefully gathering a HUGE budget. Imagination needs a BIG fund.

Yes, but change it back to the original!

That's just silly. :p The original was the best we've seen, but we should not have to go back to the original. Create a new version - - keep the spirit, however, but make a new ride.

Yes -- and find a new concept, connecting it to HIStA!

That was called Journey into Your Imagination, an attempt to tie in the Imagination Institute/Channing into the ride (the forces in HISTA).

And it's STILL the Imagination Institute/Channing. So no, HISTA is getting older AND it's already connected to HISTA.

Yes -- find a totally new concept, with a new 3D movie, replacing HIStA, and move HIStA to another park!

I don't agree necessarily with moving HISTA. I say, keep it for a while, then change the film to something new, unrelated to the ride. HISTA is already in Tokyo and in Disneyland Park.

So I would MOST agree with your last option.

Clemster

How about "Roller coaster ride through imagination"
Disney design a really fast roller coaster that goes faster than you could ever imagine (Thats the link with imagination), you would travel the 46 second coaster on figment-mobiles (To keep figment in the ride)

I'm sure Disney would throw in a few effects during the ride

It would bring in the crowds of the all important teen market :rolleyes:

BRER STITCH

Original - Shmoriginal!! :lol:

If any changes are to be made, surely they should involve an entirely new concept.

After all, if the change was made back to the "original", then it wouldn't be "original" any more.....it would be a copy....and there's nothing original about that!!! :p

Progress is good.
Fond memories should be left alone to continue to bring joy to those who hold them.

:)

disneyfreak62

JIYI is one of our least favorite things at EPCOT, second only to Wonder Of Life (now THAT needs help) Personally, I never found any incarnation of this pavillion...well...imaginative. I'd love to see something with wall-to-wall secial effects. I like the Figment character, I just don't think he's used to his potential. This attraction should be a showcase for all the tricks WDI has in it's bag.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I really think this ride needs to be replaced. I mean, i'm on it, and i'm saying to myself, "Could this be anymore stupid?" C'mon. This is one of THE worst attractions in any Disney park. A new attraction-bringing back Figment and Dreamfinder-needs to be created. And if that's not the case, and a different ride is built, then HISTA needs to be moved. I love HISTA, though, but I think a Magic Eye Theatre can take the Galaxy Place Theatre's place down at MK so HISTA can be moved there. The last thing they want to do is permanently change HISTA, it's a fan fave.

BTW, just looking at a Walt Disney World: For Kids By Kids 2003 (yep, I still buy the kids version too :lol: ) book the other day, and this is an excerpt from the JIIWF description.

"This attraction changes from time to time. Please check disney.com to make sure it is opened during your visit."

:confused:

Katherine

As much I loved the original it wasn't doing very well at the parks when they closed it. Bringing it back would make it popular for a short period of time but then it would die again more quickly I think. The version they have now is fine I think nothing spectacular but for now i thik we shoudl keep it so that money can be directed to other parts of the park like WoL or getting a ride back in the LS.

meeko_33785

They've already redone this attraction twice in the last 5 years. I would hope that they would leave it alone and concentrate more on new attractions and other attractions that need more attention *coughSoundsDangerousUniverseofEnergycough*.

I actually like this attraction, though. Definatly one of my favorites in EPCOT right now.

Sir Hiss527

Keep it! They just updated the ride. Why should they change it again? I like it cause it's not based on a movie, but all the senses!:lol:

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Originally posted by meeko_33785
They've already redone this attraction twice in the last 5 years. I would hope that they would leave it alone and concentrate more on new attractions and other attractions that need more attention *coughSoundsDangerousUniverseofEnergycough*.

I actually like this attraction, though. Definatly one of my favorites in EPCOT right now.

May I remind everyone that after Disney closed If You Had Wings, within a few years, it changed from Dream Flight to Take Flight, and then finally to Buzz Light Year. It took three "tries" until they got it right. Not only did they get it right, but they have a winner on their hands, that all Disney theme parks world-wide want to copy now.

So, with Imagination, we are on Try #2. The next "try" should be the big winner that other Disney theme parks world-wide would want to copy. Of course, this is assuming that they have a good idea and a good budget to do it with!

marksniles

But look at the floor plans - there is sooooo much of the orginial pavilion that they are not using. Bring back the ImagineWorks upstairs. It's waaaayyyyyy to crowded with everything on one floor. I feel that the new incarnation of JII just doesn't have the spirit of the orginial pavilion. I really feel that the true spirit of imgination is missing in the new pavilion. I also don't like Figment's new attitude. He's lost that "childish delight" he used to have in the orginial. Plus I feel that the Imgaineer tried to "stick" it to the people who complained that Figment and the song was missing from the rehab at the end. Hundred of figments are shown singing the song. You want Figment? Here's a hundred of them. Hundred is a little exagerated I know but that's what it feel like. Talk to you soon,
mark

meeko_33785

Originally posted by PeterAlt
May I remind everyone that after Disney closed If You Had Wings, within a few years, it changed from Dream Flight to Take Flight, and then finally to Buzz Light Year. It took three "tries" until they got it right. Not only did they get it right, but they have a winner on their hands, that all Disney theme parks world-wide want to copy now.

So, with Imagination, we are on Try #2. The next "try" should be the big winner that other Disney theme parks world-wide would want to copy. Of course, this is assuming that they have a good idea and a good budget to do it with!

I see what you're tyring to say with Wings/ Dreamflight/ Buzz, and all the other versions in between, but that was different in the fact that those changes were mostly because of sponsorship changes. When a new airline would pick up the sponsorship of the ride, they would change the ride a little and just rename it. Besides, most of those changes were about between 5 and 10 years apart (with the exception of only 3 between If You Could Fly and Delta Dreamflight). We're barely past one year for Figment and now we're already talking about changing it again?! IMO, the ride is not in that dire need of changing that doing it in the next 3 or so years is absolutly necissary. I think at least another 8-12 year run of this would be just fine and then perhaps a newer, more technologically up-to-date version could come in and take its place.

DFD111

Okay,

I just have to weigh in on this subject cause when I was growing up and on all of my trips I loved going on Journey into Imagination, I went to Disney last summer for the first time in about 5 years after multiple trips. I went on Imagination and was very disapointed. It lost so much from what it used to be. I'd love to see the ride get "rebuilt". I'd love to sit down with an Imagineer and talk about some of the thoughts I have. I can see getting into a ride vehicle and starting off and heading toward a giant blank white sheet of paper, and then going through it and watching as "dreams" aka DISNEY PARKS, MOVIES, ETC, unfold before your eyes. And all the while Figment guides you and teaches you that you need to imagine and dream to create your Future. And the ride ends with a view of all the Disney Parks and a ? mark to symbolize that which has yet to be dreamed. And then we see the Dreamfinder vehicle as we depart. Well thats just my thoughts at least, I'd love to hear from others on this, if it would work or not.

Pioneer Hall

Something needs to be done to that attraction. It is a pure waste of space now. You never have to worry about waiting there anymore, and people walk off not having enjoyed themselves. I know that we aren't going to get the original attraction back (or dreamfinder) but I want to see them utilize the space that they have. The building is huge and there is nothing but a 5 minute stop and go ride. There is so much potential with the idea and the building that they just need to expand it. Right now that half of Future World is a dissapointment. Hopefully Soarin' will push crowds up at Imagination (although that won't change the fact that the ride stinks).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom