PNG Versions of Character Autographs?

Three Lights

Original Poster
I got the wild idea that it would be a lot of fun to put these on my layouts from our first Disney trip. So I'm extracting them in Photoshop... but it's a real pain in the tuckas. Anyone have these done already who could save me about a million hours of work? (Alternatively, if not, anyone want 'em once I get done?)

Thanks!

-- Florrie

WDWFigment

I would LOVE THEM once you get done. Additionally, if you ever see anything you want from any of my layouts, let me know, and I'll send it to you (this goes for anyone). I've put a lot of work into extracting/removing backgrounds from embellishments--don't duplicate the tedious work I went through!

Also, I've found that it's "easier" to "cheat" a little (and thus not extract perfectly) by adding an outer glow to anything you extract. That way the edges don't have to be perfect, and no one knows!

Three Lights

Original Poster
I am not exactly a photoshop maven here... how do you add glow? I do my stuff half in photoshop and half in Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer (which I bought for cheap at Costco), and it's glow function is not that flexible. I'd like to add say 2 pixels of glow to these graphics... do you have a handy tutorial on how to do that in PSE?

Also... what do you use to pass files back and forth? My files I posted here are from Scrapbook.com (I've been playing there for about 2 years), but I'm not sure about posting "naked" PNG files there. Do you use an upload service?

Thanks!

WDWFigment

I use Photoshop CS3, so I think the way I add outer glow will differ, but here's what I found for PSE:
http://www.arraich.com/effects1/outerglow.htm

To get to that menu, on the little "layer" screen (the one that shows all the layers) right click the layer you want to add glow to, and choose "blending options". That will take you to the screen picture on that website.

As for file hosting, there are a few good sites I can send you links to, but these should be small enough that you can just email them to me as attachments. tom.bricker@gmail.com

Thanks! Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Three Lights

Original Poster
Thanks a ton. I have Alice and The Mad Hatter done so far. I'll email you those, plus the galaxy tomorrowland map from my real email address.

I actually stumbled across "modify borders" by about 4 pixels, plus feathering it, which made it look pretty good. I'm still scared of layers in Elements. I know I need to get over myself... especially because I have no problems with layers in my lame SB software or pagemaker for that matter... but I have just had weirdness with photoshop where things didn't work they way I thought they should... so I've concluded I need to take a class on it sometime. My "Photoshop for Dummies" plus "Photoshop for Digi photographers" books aren't cutting it... LOL.

Thanks for your help! I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future!

-- Florrie

WDWFigment

Three Lights, thanks so much for sending those files!!! I really appreciate them. I haven't gotten character autographs myself since I was a wee lass, but with all the potential this could add to my layouts, I'm thinking of taking a book next time! Thanks again!!!

Three Lights

Original Poster
Tom, I have a couple more I'll send you tomorrow. I did a LO with the first two, but I'm d__________g my main site at the moment because I am past due on some Artist Trading Cards on a different theme and my creative head is stuck in my Disney photos, so no link for it. When I used the two autographs I sent you (I did send the Mad Hatter too? or did I pull it at the last minute to fiddle with it some more) they look kind of pixel-y on my computer file. I haven't tried printing it out yet. So, just as a warning, they probably still need some tinkering with. If you find a way to make them look awesome, let me know so I can do it too!

Glad you like them! I also have some lei's from the Polynesian I'm going to (some kinda how) scan in as embellies... I think they'll make great fake theme primas. But I think I'm a while away from that.

OK, so why did the web site bleep out the word d-u-c-k-i-n-g? Or maybe I wrote d-o-d-g-i-n-g, but both seem pretty inocuous to me. Hello? Quack?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom