Planning For Seven Dwarfs Mine Train around opening period

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
Here is another question...I picked our MK day as May 2nd because that is what was the best suggestion based on crowd calendars. I thought it was a little odd being it is a Friday, but that's what it said. Now that this date has been chosen as the "media preview"...should we change our day? Will it be extra crowded? I figure anything May 2nd or after would be just about the same. Thoughts?

Arty Cordova

Ready for my trip May 17. I really hope I will be able to pick my fast passes for the mine train before that

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 135

cw1982

Can't be as bad as Anna and Elsa were. It's a fun challenge.

Hah! True... it'll be sort of like a game ;)

I don't know about it not being as bad as Anna and Elsa. Since it's brand new and there's been so much hype about it, I imagine it'll be pretty chaotic over there.

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
We planned our MK day to be 5/2 before hearing of it being the media preview day etc. We decided this morning to push our MK day back to 5/6 instead. I don't want to be there on media day and with all the chaos. It will be hard enough on a regular day. We had no hope of getting the Anna & Elsa m&G fp because we are off siters and it was already all gone.

What is interesting about the 7D ride is that in my case...if it pops up for fp+, it will be on site and off site available all at the same time. We'll see....fingers crossed we get lucky for our day....especially since it will be our only MK day....it's the only shot we have. :eek:

cw1982

We planned our MK day to be 5/2 before hearing of it being the media preview day etc. We decided this morning to push our MK day back to 5/6 instead. I don't want to be there on media day and with all the chaos. It will be hard enough on a regular day. We had no hope of getting the Anna & Elsa m&G fp because we are off siters and it was already all gone.

What is interesting about the 7D ride is that in my case...if it pops up for fp+, it will be on site and off site available all at the same time. We'll see....fingers crossed we get lucky for our day....especially since it will be our only MK day....it's the only shot we have. :eek:

Yeah DH and I have pretty much resigned to the fact that the only way we'll be riding is if we give up one of our FP+ for Peter Pan. I know DH will want to ride Space and BTMRR again on our second day at MK, and I put PP on there as our last FP+ because it's one of my favorites, but I might give it up for SDMT. Maybe.

If not, we'll hopefully be back in a few years with children, and by then the hype will have died down. I'm not losing sleep over it, but it would be cool to get to try it out.

cw1982

I currently have a FP+ for PP but rode it several weeks ago. I'm back in MK on 5/31 and would readily drop it for 7DMT instead.

I have the same FP+ for both of our MK days (Space, BTMRR, and PP) because I'm almost positive those will be our favorites that we will most likely need FP+ for. DH won't want to give up Space or BTMRR for 7DMT, but I could deal with only riding PP once if we can trade it for 7DMT. Maybe. lol ;)

JohnD

I have the same FP+ for both of our MK days (Space, BTMRR, and PP) because I'm almost positive those will be our favorites that we will most likely need FP+ for. DH won't want to give up Space or BTMRR for 7DMT, but I could deal with only riding PP once if we can trade it for 7DMT. Maybe. lol ;)

Yeah. I have an invite FP+ for BOG from 1:40-2:10. Then plan to watch FoF parade at 3. Then FP+ for BTMRR (3:30-4:30), PP (4:35-5:35) and SpaM (5:50-6:50). In addition to PP, I guess I would swap out one of the other two if that is what it would take to ride MT.

I'm in HS on 6/1 for SW weekend and left 6/2 completely open. (Thinking water park in morning. Epcot in evening but could return to MK if that is what is needed.)

RSoxNo1

I know FP+ isn't available for this yet, but what are people expecting for demand? I'm guessing same day availability won't be there at the start and probably 120+ minute standby. @lentesta, any thoughts?

cw1982

I know FP+ isn't available for this yet, but what are people expecting for demand? I'm guessing same day availability won't be there at the start and probably 120+ minute standby. @lentesta, any thoughts?

I'm wondering the same thing... I find it interesting that Touring Plans seems to think that there won't be much of a wait for it during evening EMH. Perhaps they're basing that guestimate off of other wait times in NFL? Personally I'd say that's probably too good to be true, since the date I'm looking at is only a month after the media preview.

lentesta

Premium Member

This is similar to what we're thinking. I'll check on that evening EMH wait time prediction.

Thumper14

I am returning to WDW for my 33rd wedding Anniversary. I am a avid pre-planner. So far, Karma has been on my side. First I was able to get an ADR for BOG on the night of our anniversary! The FOF parade debuted. Next Disney announced off site guests could use advanced FP + just when I was 30 days out. I was finally able to link my Swan reservation in MDE. Then they announced off site guests could buy Magic Bands. Next, the Castle was painted and the moat filled in. So, if fate continues I will be able to catch a soft ride on SDMT on April 29.:D

A Dream is a wish your heart makes!  

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
I am returning to WDW for my 33rd wedding Anniversary. I am a avid pre-planner. So far, Karma has been on my side. First I was able to get an ADR for BOG on the night of our anniversary! The FOF parade debuted. Next Disney announced off site guests could use advanced FP + just when I was 30 days out. I was finally able to link my Swan reservation in MDE. Then they announced off site guests could buy Magic Bands. Next, the Castle was painted and the moat filled in. So, if fate continues I will be able to catch a soft ride on SDMT on April 29.:D

Awwww!!! Congrats on your wedding anniversary and all of the good luck that's been going along with it! Even though we aren't related, I will add that 3 is my lucky number, so "33" is twice the luck! We are heading over right behind you, so your luck will be my luck! Here's hoping...........

MOXOMUMD

(Woosh!) That's me tossing more good karma your way!

jlsHouston

That is me...MAYBE. I think I would go with showing up early and riding BTMRR several times in a row first thing in the morning, rather give up Pan...for nostalgic reasons that is a must ride and since I don't do lines, it is always a FP!

cw1982

That is me...MAYBE. I think I would go with showing up early and riding BTMRR several times in a row first thing in the morning, rather give up Pan...for nostalgic reasons that is a must ride and since I don't do lines, it is always a FP!

See, if I could talk DH into getting up for RD, that would be a no-brainer lol. Ah, who am I kidding; I hate getting up early too! Oh well, the price I pay to be able to relax a little on vacation, right? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom