Planning 50th WDW anniversary stay

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Contemplating end of Oct early Nov 2021 or late Jan early Feb 2022 stilll early stage of planning, grandchildren will be in school probably take them out for a week without missin too much. It will be a big expense so have set up a vacation account. I look at it I ain't getting any younger don't know hao many more WDW trips I got left

I get yah, I'm at that stage also. And by Christmas next year, will probably have my 1st grandkid, so our vacationing will revolve around him/her. Fewer visits to WDW until he/she is 2 or 3 for the parents, but more Disney cruises.....not that I'm complaining, I love their cruises.

Edit: forgot to type this...

I'd plan on at least 900 points for a full week in a bungalow by then at $25 point, especially for October.

daisyduckie

If you are crazy I'm crazy too! I'm planning a stay at the Contemporary. Figure it will cost a lot, but be well worth it to be able to walk to the Magic Kingdom. Seriously, I should start saving now!

correcaminos

The bungalows officially sleep 8. The studios sleep 5. I'd go with a studio for each family, with two connecting. That way everyone gets sufficient bathrooms, sleeping arrangements, mini frig, coffee makers, microwave.....and privacy. Don't know how big the pull down bed in the bungalows are (they vary in size from resort to resort), but the one in the Poly studios is big - I slept in it with no problems; actually preferred it over the sleeper sofa.
The bungalow pull down was the same size as the studios at PVB. IIRC not all of the murphy beds are the same size but those were quite large.

Contemplating end of Oct early Nov 2021 or late Jan early Feb 2022 stilll early stage of planning, grandchildren will be in school probably take them out for a week without missin too much. It will be a big expense so have set up a vacation account. I look at it I ain't getting any younger don't know how many more WDW trips I got left
If you are going in October or November and you plan to rent DVC points for a grand villa or the studios at PVB (my personal pick honestly unless you want your one common room) you need to make sure you have this planned out well before 11 months. 11 months is when we DVC members can book their own resort. Fall is a *very* buy time for DVC. I mean very busy, so you need to have that planned out quickly.

Late Jan/early Feb is much easier to book.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The bungalow pull down was the same size as the studios at PVB. IIRC not all of the murphy beds are the same size but those were quite large.

If you are going in October or November and you plan to rent DVC points for a grand villa or the studios at PVB (my personal pick honestly unless you want your one common room) you need to make sure you have this planned out well before 11 months. 11 months is when we DVC members can book their own resort. Fall is a *very* buy time for DVC. I mean very busy, so you need to have that planned out quickly.

Late Jan/early Feb is much easier to book.

Nice to know DVC used the same size pull down in both the studios and bungalow at Poly. I understand room sizes differ greatly from resort to resort, but the pull down in Boulder Ridge studios is small, comparable in size to the one in Alligator Bayou at POR. Too bad they can't be consistent from resort to resort.

correcaminos

Nice to know DVC used the same size pull down in both the studios and bungalow at Poly. I understand room sizes differ greatly from resort to resort, but the pull down in Boulder Ridge studios is small, comparable in size to the one in Alligator Bayou at POR. Too bad they can't be consistent from resort to resort.
I don't like that either. Like the bunk beds at the cabins I have read are smaller than SSR treehouses (at least what people measured). We were in the bungalows right after the studios and am glad we were able to check both to compare. The murphy was well loved at both. Even larger adults liked them well enough, though my 6 foot dad did opt to use the pullout instead of the murphy, but he's not a little guy lol

John park hopper

Original Poster
Gee, bed size was something I did not consider but I guess will need too as I am 6'2" my oldest son is 6'3" middle son is 6' and third son 6'4" Wives are all average size 5'6" or less. Thanks all for the great tips.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Gee, bed size was something I did not consider but I guess will need too as I am 6'2" my oldest son is 6'3" middle son is 6' and third son 6'4" Wives are all average size 5'6" or less. Thanks all for the great tips.

None of your sons will be comfortable in a Disney pull out sofa, much less fit in any if the pull down beds.

nickys

Premium Member
None of your sons will be comfortable in a Disney pull out sofa, much less fit in any if the pull down beds.

My 6ft 4 son is fine on the pull outs, but his brother who's pretty tall himself (maybe just under 6ft) ends up on the sleeper chair. Or the floor on cushions. He is skinny tho, really skinny and light. Their choice not to share but I can see why. Wondering if he'd fit on a Murphy bed, esp at Poly or BCV. Anyone know? @helenabear?

correcaminos

My 6ft 4 son is fine on the pull outs, but his brother who's pretty tall himself (maybe just under 6ft) ends up on the sleeper chair. Or the floor on cushions. He is skinny tho, really skinny and light. Their choice not to share but I can see why. Wondering if he'd fit on a Murphy bed, esp at Poly or BCV. Anyone know? @helenabear?
I asked my husband what he thought as I am only 5' tall and nearly the same size as my 9yo boy lol. My husband is between 5'10 and 5'11" and broad shouldered - weight lifter. So not a smaller guy. He also tried it out and said he would be able to sleep on it at night. He mentioned it felt wider than our sofa and would have been fine.

As an FYI the measurements of the Murphy be I found online were 72x33 (one said 73 inches for PVB but 72 was at BCV). I found at OKW the sleeper chair was 29x78 but it sleeps several inches shorter due to something with the head area.

I would think if he's okay with cushions on the floor this will be better. The good thing is you can lean against the wall a little too. Bigger issue might be him hitting his head when he gets up. So suggest to him that he rolls out more than sitting up.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm 5'8" and had no problem with the pull down bed in the Poly studio. It's a wider mattress than you'd think and pretty comfy - at least 4" thick and no springs like the pull outs. Agree with @helenabear, be careful getting in and out, since you're only inches from the ground. Best to roll over to the side and sit up, rather than sit up straight from a prone position - easy to smack your head.

LeighM

When during 2021 are you planning on going? The week of October 1st? Anytime during that year? Right now, the point per night for a bungalow in October is 120, weekends (Friday & Saturday) are 137. So a week will run around 874 points (Sunday - Sunday). The bungalows will be a premium point rental, so I'd plan on at least $20 per point - that's $17,500. At current points/prices. And like cash rates, points per night go up every year. And so will the cost per point to rent.

No I'm done with going in September and October :) I was thinking of early December since I still haven't been there for the Christmas season. Or early March again. Our trip the first week in March was actually our favorite trip due to lower crowds and no humidity. I would go in January during my birthday but the weather here at home is unpredictable. We often get a lot of snow during that week. Many a birthday has been ruined by it :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
No I'm done with going in September and October :) I was thinking of early December since I still haven't been there for the Christmas season. Or early March again. Our trip the first week in March was actually our favorite trip due to lower crowds and no humidity. I would go in January during my birthday but the weather here at home is unpredictable. We often get a lot of snow during that week. Many a birthday has been ruined by it :)

If you've not been in December, go then First two weeks are lower crowds. Plus the parks and resorts are lovely during the holidays.

John park hopper

Original Poster
Question, i have a queen size air mattress would it be worth bringing as back up for too short beds, have slept on it many times very comfortable. Have never been to WDW prior to Christmas how bad are the crowds early Dec? Been in early May light crowds but warm. been in March good weather crowds not bad, been in July way too hot and unbearable crowds, been in late October not to hot crowds were not real bad

correcaminos

Question, i have a queen size air mattress would it be worth bringing as back up for too short beds, have slept on it many times very comfortable. Have never been to WDW prior to Christmas how bad are the crowds early Dec? Been in early May light crowds but warm. been in March good weather crowds not bad, been in July way too hot and unbearable crowds, been in late October not to hot crowds were not real bad
Depends on where you are staying. Honestly except for bunk beds and some murphy beds, the rest are full sized beds in length. Now as a back up bed in case some who have to share don't want to, that might be worth it.

I would say early December has picked up and honestly we have skipped going then due to colder weather. Not too far off from early May - maybe slightly less. The closer you get to Christmas the busier it gets.

October to me now is busier than May... and not far off from early June. Mid-March this year was busier than the 1st of June as well as an FYI - significantly too, but not as crazy as holidays like Christmas or the Easter Spring breaks.

sgtmgd

You can go to Davids Vacation club and use their point calculator to gage the amount , just keep in mind when renting points you have to pay upfront for the entire cost, however with Davids you can also add the dining plan separately but need a 30 day window to allow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom