Pirates opening July 1st?

mpaul32001

Original Poster
Go to June 30th located here. It shows Pirates as closed for refurbishment. Starting July 1st, located here Pirates is no longer under the refurbishment category. Does this mean anything?

SNOWQUEEN

Please let it be true!!!

Please open early please! please! please! :goodnevil So that I may have it all to myself on the 7th. :animwink:

iheartdisney91

hmmm.... i dont know maybe they mean thats its done? or sumeithing like that? i hope it opens on the 7th though it would be better for the release of the movie too.but then again if its open i can go on it on the 4th when i get there?? who knows

MissM

Sadly, I'm stuck waiting until August to see it. I'm in Seasonal AP blackout until then. :lol: So...the 1st or the 7th...eh. All the same to me. Though I admit, I'm darn curious to see how it all looks!
-m

As of right now Pirates will not be open till Friday July 7th which is the re grand opening. I have not seen anthing at work to state that it would be open sooner. So plan to be there on July 7th for the grand opening.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
MissM said:
Sadly, I'm stuck waiting until August to see it. I'm in Seasonal AP blackout until then. :lol: So...the 1st or the 7th...eh. All the same to me. Though I admit, I'm darn curious to see how it all looks!
-m
My wife and kids are in the same boat I however have a full AP for the free parking so I can get in. I planned on a solo trip for Saturday and I fully expect to find my stuff on the front lawn when I get home that night.:lol:

blackerbys17

Master Yoda said:
My wife and kids are in the same boat I however have a full AP for the free parking so I can get in. I planned on a solo trip for Saturday and I fully expect to find my stuff on the front lawn when I get home that night.:lol:

Well, you could always upgrade from seasonal to annual as I did a couple of weeks ago. Turns out, a couple of months was too long to stay away so we are all now annual passholders! :sohappy:

hrcollectibles

mpaul32001 said:
Monday for me...Going for the July 3rd Fireworks!

When are the july 3rd fireworks and where? I will be there this weekend for my birthday :) I hope they have PoTC open this weekend :) Thank I can use a b-day wish for that?

mpaul32001

Original Poster
hrcollectibles said:
When are the july 3rd fireworks and where? I will be there this weekend for my birthday :) I hope they have PoTC open this weekend :) Thank I can use a b-day wish for that?

The July 3rd Fireworks take place at the magic kingdom at 9:00 PM...Get there at at least 7:00 PM

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
blackerbys17 said:
Well, you could always upgrade from seasonal to annual as I did a couple of weeks ago. Turns out, a couple of months was too long to stay away so we are all now annual passholders! :sohappy:
We thought about that this year when I upgraded to the full AP for the free parking, but we generally don't go to Disney during the blackout period. At most we will hit TL one weekend. It is simply too hot and crowded not to mention we are a family of five so with the 4 seasonals and 1 AP we save about $500 a year vs 5 full APs. It is just dumb luck that this is the year that my favorite attraction is reopening and it is during the blackout. My wife being the ultra cool chick that she is gave me the go-ahead to go and see either the premier or the soft opening.

MissM

Master Yoda said:
Cheater! :lol: Yeah, I'd be worried about coming home after a solo trip ahead of everyone else too!! :D

Master Yoda said:
but we generally don't go to Disney during the blackout period. It is simply too hot and crowded
... It is just dumb luck that this is the year that my favorite attraction is reopening and it is during the blackout.
Same here. We normally don't go during the summer anyway and we don't go during spring break either, so the $200 savings is worth it for us. (On two tickets.) I'm just cranky that of all times for them to reopen, it has to be the one time I can't go! Nevermind that I normally wouldn't go in July anyway... *chuckles*

Have fun. Bring back gifts to sooth the family. :animwink:
-m

goofntink

They are still doing Cm retraining as I type.According to the schedule being from the construction side we were privy to, and what was posted, A soft opening was on the schedule for Saturday.Training was yesterday and today, and a Cm preview was mentioned for tommorrow.All I can say is check to see if there is anything mentioned tommorrow.

BaTWING_2000

MissM said:
-m

I know that price is better but I just can't stand those blackout dates. Every time you have a seriuos craving to go for another visit, it will probably be when your ticket is blacked out...

blackerbys17

Master Yoda said:
It is simply too hot and crowded ...

I hear ya! We thought we wouldn't go during the hot months either but, I REALLY wanted to go for my 30th birthday which was on June 17th....
and I just came back from a business trip so as long as we were in town...
and the fireworks for July the 4th are SO nice at Disney...
and my oldest son turns 11 on July 25th and is the world's biggest Pirate's fan ever...
and as long as the kids are out of school for the Xmas holidays...

So, for all the above reasons, it just seemed to make sense for us. I still hate going when it is hot so we typically only go in the evenings during the summer. We just came back yesterday and we went three nights in a row and it was SO great! We rode everything that was open at MK in 2 nights (no more than 3 hours per night) with 5 minutes lines (or less) for everything except Peter Pan and Space Mountain, which were about 10 minutes long. Also got to see 2 showings of Wishes!

One day it rained most of the day so we went to Disney Quest during the day (so much fun) and then left for Epcot at 8:30. We got to Epcot at 8:45 and got great seats over by the UK bridge to see Illuminations and still had time to grab some goodies at the French bakery before the show started with 5 minutes to spare. After Illuminations, we left through the International Gateway and got to MGM at 9:45 PM just in time to ride RNR right before it closed and got great seats to see Fantasmic! We were out of MGM by 11:15PM and back at our hotel by 11:30PM.

Point is, during the summer months when the parks are open later, you would be amazed at just how much you can do in just 3 hours with no lines and no blazing sun. I highly recommend it!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
blackerbys17 said:
Point is, during the summer months when the parks are open later, you would be amazed at just how much you can do in just 3 hours with no lines and no blazing sun. I highly recommend it!
We aren't quite close enough for the evening trips. We have about a 2.5-3 hour one way drive so day trips can be a little hard on the driver, which of course would be me. If we lived a little closer Premium APs would be purchased without hesitation.

blackerbys17

Hey Master Yoda, just so you know we actually live about 4 hours away one way, right by Miami. We typically go for a 3 day 2 night stay over. That works out pretty well for us. I've tried to do the day trip thing before and that was wayyyy to hard on me. I kept pinching myself so I wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel! I'll never do that again. It was stupid. The long weekend is perfect for us, just a thought! :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
blackerbys17 said:
Hey Master Yoda, just so you know we actually live about 4 hours away one way, right by Miami. We typically go for a 3 day 2 night stay over. That works out pretty well for us. I've tried to do the day trip thing before and that was wayyyy to hard on me. I kept pinching myself so I wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel! I'll never do that again. It was stupid. The long weekend is perfect for us, just a thought! :wave:
That sounds about identical to our trips. We have a friend that lives about 15 minuets off property in Wyndemere and we stay with him about half of our trips, hence the AP for free parking. We go about 12 times a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom