Pirates online

Jesùs_Carioca

Oh man, I didn't know it opened so recently. I must have gotten terribly lucky when i stumbled over it a few days ago, assuming it's been out for at least a bit more!

My roommate and I have been messing around with the normal "no-pay" accounts, and it's been entertaining us when we have free time up here at the U. I run a mac, and he runs a PC. I still claim that it's easier on a PC, but it's not like I'm complaining. Just that my darn dock always gets in the way, since I'm not allowed to full screen 'less I pay.

It's really fun, that it is...but my, it's honestly just a pure tease if you don't bother to pay for it. Leveling up is twice as hard, and at a point, you can only learn so many skills when you go so far.

But i won't lie, we still like it substantially. Although it is rather glitchy. For example, I remember when i was boarding my ship, rather than the ship loading, my character just fell straight into the ocean. Heh, quite a pain.

If we weren't such college students, we might actually bother to purchase it for a month and have some fun with it.

My thoughts

I was able to participate in the beta, and found that the game was really laggy during beta (I think it was because of all the bug reporting tools in the program that was taking up a lot of system resources), and it crashed often.

I decided, on a whim, to try the game now that it went live. I've got this to say: WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT! :)

During beta, just to get to Tortuga for the first time from the beginning of the game, it took about an hour and a half (with sailing there taking about 20 minutes due to lagging). Tonight, within about 30 minutes, I had not only reached Tortuga, but also did two quests in Port Royal. The game runs MUCH more smoother and I think it'll be even more enjoyable than when I tried it in beta. I also noticed that it is now much easier to fight against other ships, especially when you're playing solo. (During beta, I couldn't fire any cannons while sailing, and now I can!)

I did splurge and am paying for the paid subscription, so I can play the game to it's fullest, and I know I'm going to really enjoy playing it!

Will be playing it quite a bit tomarrow! :)

C. Jackson
Dallas, TX

Kingdom WDW

The only reason I stopped playing is because I was being cheap and I didn't pay $120 a year for a game I would hardly play. Thus, after 60 seconds of watching toy commercials and waiting in a queue, I exited the game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom