Pirates online

Phonedave

Yeah, old thread.

It is open for Beta 2. Is anyone else playing. There are some things that I have questions about and there is very little help avaiable on-line. Once they get the bugs worked out, it should be a load of fun.

-dave

StitchMad

Been playing since Easter this year. It's a really fun game, but still has a lot of bugs they will try to repair first.
Stress Tests every Saturday, so if you're a member, try to get on! ;)

darthjohnny

So, now that beta is finally open, I have a question.

Sure everyone likes it now, but will you all be willing to spend the $10 a month to play it once it opens for real?

Well you got to remember that a basic play will be there for ppl who don't want to spend money on the game. Thats most likely what I'm going to do.

PS: I'm Hopeless Hearts Marie on POTC Online.

darthjohnny

Well you got to remember that a basic play will be there for ppl who don't want to spend money on the game. Thats most likely what I'm going to do.

PS: I'm Hopeless Hearts Marie on POTC Online.

I thought basic and unlimited are only for beta. Will it be the same way when the actual game comes out?

aqamarina

I'm a beta tester too.
The game is probably not almost done, because there are lots, and I mean lots, of bugs. Glitches everywhere...
And I got an email that says that beta testers can pay $10.00 a month, and become a "founder". I guess the $10.00 a month will apply to everyone.

That's only if you want to pay for the extra stuff.
From what I get from it you can have a basic account where you play the game for free and a unlimited account where you pay to get extra stuff through out the game.

Phonedave

That's only if you want to pay for the extra stuff.
From what I get from it you can have a basic account where you play the game for free and a unlimited account where you pay to get extra stuff through out the game.

1) If you are a beta tester you may get assigned a "basic" or an "advanced" account, at random. They can also switch them back and forth. That is in order to test both types of accounts.

2) If you pre-order you will be given an "advanced" beta account. If you do not pre-order, you may get either type

3) If you pre-order you are not charged until the game officialy opens. Up to that point it's still free.

4) I have not played on a "basic" account but this is what I have heard from other people in my Guild who were assigned basic accounts. No ships aside from light level (no "regular" or "war" ships). Limitation on weapons levels and therefor available weapons skills. Some quests are unavailable. Scrolling sdvertisments across the top of the screen. The ability to change the window to full screen is locked out of basic level.

I am going to pre-order, and if they keep improving the game and do not release it fully until they have worked out the bugs, I will keep playing advanced for $10 a month.

-dave (Davy Daggershot - Emerald Sea Gang on POC:O)

darthjohnny

So I hear that beta testers got an e-mail and the game will be open tonight at midnight (for everyone I would imagine). But I thought the game wasn't slated to open until Spring 2008.

Anyone else hear about this?

Kingdom WDW

Update~

New loading styles, you have to load each individual thing before you play. I lost patience and exited.

Here is the email:

Beta Ends - The Revolution Begins
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'But a few hours o' darkness afore the daybreak of Pirates Online!'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Within 36-hours, the second phase of the Beta test will come to a
close. But don't let that get you down - the close of Beta means the
official launch is here!

Thank you for all of your valuable feedback and for helping make
Pirates Online a world-class gaming experience.

We're sure you are wondering what will happen to the pirate avatars
you created during the Beta test... While you will not be able to
take them into the live game with you, you will be able to play with
these avatars on the Test Server. We have already flagged your
account for access to the Test Server - you will be the first to
experience all the upcoming game content for Pirates Online.

Over the next 36-hours, the launcher you have been using to play
Pirates Online during the Beta test will be unavailable in
preparation for the game's full release. However, you can still
play alongside your fellow Beta players by downloading the launcher
for the Test Server now.

BETA TEST ENDS AND THE REVOLUTION BEGINS:
Join us now on the Test Server as we celebrate the long night before
the dawn of Pirates Online.

Thank you again for your participation in the Beta test - we'll see
you in game!

- The Crew @ Pirates of the Caribbean Online

Edited.

Kingdom WDW

I was beginning to think that Yavn was running this show. Guess not, because the game is actually well done, fun, ever changing, frequent updates, and I could go on and on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom