Photoshop CS3 Layouts

mouselvrmom

Thanks! I just had to keep the First Aid/Baby Care sign in there. Invariably, we end up at that first aid center every night of our trip to get band aids because I try to only wear sandals in the parks (I don't think shoes look right with shorts), and they always end up giving me blisters. Maybe before the next trip I'll invest in some moleskin...

That is just too funny. I was wondering why you would need to be in the baby care area. :lol: I sometimes will wear sandals that are perfectly comfortable at home, but will rub with all the walking I'm doing at the world. But sometimes you must suffer for fashion. My feet could be bleeding, but I'd keep walking. I mean, I'm at disney, I must go on. :lol:

I guess I never realized that i could pick up band-aids there. I'll have to keep that in mind for my next trip. :lol:

WDWFigment

Original Poster
That is just too funny. I was wondering why you would need to be in the baby care area. :lol: I sometimes will wear sandals that are perfectly comfortable at home, but will rub with all the walking I'm doing at the world. But sometimes you must suffer for fashion. My feet could be bleeding, but I'd keep walking. I mean, I'm at disney, I must go on. :lol:

I guess I never realized that i could pick up band-aids there. I'll have to keep that in mind for my next trip. :lol:

This summer was the worst. I wore leather treads that are marginally bearable even at home on the first day of the trip and ended up with two huge blisters on each foot that day. I decided to wear my Croc sandals the rest of the trip (which I find ugly, but comfortable) with band aids. They crocs may be comfortable, but they sure aren't comfortable for blisters.

You'd think there would be a lesson in all this for me, but apparently not, as I recently picked up another pair of Ruehl leather treads and will probably wear them on our trip this summer (I can't help it--I think leather sandals look great). Maybe the lesson is "don't wear the uncomfortable sandals the first day--wear them the last couple days, and recover at home, where there is less walking to be done"? I guess it looks like I did learn a lesson! :rolleyes:

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Called Winkflash today and got the discount! Only $21.94 shipped for a 76 page photo book. What a great deal!!!

eagles

that sure does sound like a great deal.

i'm sorry for the fashion folk, as i do not care what i look like when in disney, i will wear hiking books with whatever comfy pants i am wearing. i am the go for comfort and the heck with blisters they are for the fashioned minded ones. lol

mouselvrmom

that sure does sound like a great deal.

i'm sorry for the fashion folk, as i do not care what i look like when in disney, i will wear hiking books with whatever comfy pants i am wearing. i am the go for comfort and the heck with blisters they are for the fashioned minded ones. lol

Oh, good, that means more band aids for me at the first aid center! :lol:

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Wow, I didn't read the thread... but did you ever make these into photoshop "actions"?

No, how do I do that? :lookaroun I had actually never heard of "actions" until yesterday. Unfortunately, since I am self-trained, there's a lot of simple stuff I probably miss since I just learn what I need to know. I hope this isn't something that would've made the process much easier for me... What are they?

Matpez

An action is a recording of steps to make something happen.

Basically, if you refined the process down to just the necessary steps of resizing, adding effects, creating layers into the final product you can "start recording" do all the steps and then "stop recording".

From that point, you only need to import the photos and apply the "recorded action" and the program will recreate all the steps for you very quickly!

Lots of free tutorials from Adobe:
http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/tutorials/

Also, "the Photoshop Guys" podcast.

Action Central (one of many):
http://www.atncentral.com/

:wave:

eagles

i did not go to your links yet, but would this work for elements 4.0 also?

Basically, if you refined the process down to just the necessary steps of resizing, adding effects, creating layers into the final product you can "start recording" do all the steps and then "stop recording".

From that point, you only need to import the photos and apply the "recorded action" and the program will recreate all the steps for you very quickly!

Matpez

No idea... I have only ever used professional versions of photoshop, not elements...

I'm sure there are "elements" tutorials as well, but I doubt it does "actions"

eagles

yeah i was reading some of the links, it seems it can be done (somewhat) but it would take a bit of work to pull if off. (if i read them correctly).

but since i don't really do repetitive type work, i am not going to worry about it.

WDWFigment

Original Poster

Yep, that would have been really helpful to know! Oh well, I guess I have something that will speed up the process for the next trip now! Thank you!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
The photobook arrived yesterday. The quality was substandard with some images being grainy (their fault--not mine) and dark. This would've been acceptable, however, they also cropped about .25" from all the edges! This is after I spoke with two CSRs on the phone, asking them about sizing, etc. to verify what I saw on the screen was what I'd receive when I got the book (because the first time I worked with their software, I noticed my pages were being cropped slightly, so I went back into photoshop and adjusted for their required dimensions...which was a huge pain).

However, they said if I sent the book back, they'll reprint it, inspect it, and ship it to me if it's the proper quality. If it still isn't, I'll have to re-upload the images.

With this new "actions" thing, I'm strongly considering putting .25 of white around all the edges and buying a new book right now while the promo is still going on. A second copy wouldn't hurt, and the resizing of 74 pages that previously took three monotonous hours would be a breeze if I created an action. Even if this copy printed correctly and I had .25" of white, it wouldn't be such a big deal as losing edges of the layouts. Hmmm....

eagles

oh i am sorry it was not perfect. hope it all works out for you. one good thing about printing myself, if i don't like it i can just redue it myself. although it is more expensive doing it my way.

good luck getting it worked out.

mouselvrmom

What a bummer! I hate when what you get is so not what you paid for, especially if you talked to someone to make sure of what you are getting!

I hope you get it all worked out. You spent so much time on it that you don't want it turning out less than perfect.

k.hunter30

That stinks that it didn't turn out how you were told it would. :( At least they're willing to work with you a little on it. Keep us posted.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Yeah, Sarah thinks we should order a second book from a more expensive company since making it was so much work, and we want it to be perfect. While it was time-intensive, it wasn't really work...it was fun! Plus, making it kept me out of other mischief, which is always a plus.

Disneyfalcon

I hate not being sure about how your images will look when printed (when it's their fault not yours). I really worked for a while in photoshop on our Christmas cards and when I got them they had trimmed an edge all the way around. It was very frustrating.

But like others have said I'm glad they'll work with you.

PS - Actions are a wonderful thing. I'm very sad Elements won't handle them. It would save so much time!!

justme86

i do not know which is crazier the fact i had enought time to look at all the pictures or the fact you had all that time make all the pictures for me to look at .

XS-Spence

Thanks for everyone's compliments! Feel free to offer constructive criticism, as well (please).

tllayoutcopybv1.jpg

Typhoon Lagoon

tomorrowlandlayoutrn3.jpg

Tomorrowland

Adventureland almost done...

Awww, is that the Tomorrowland logo from Mickeyavenue.com? I learned how to use Illustrator making that if it is. That (along with the Florida Project font) is one of my babies...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom