PHOTOS - Walls up at at the proposed DVC Villas location at the Grand Floridian

meganw1985

Yay! I really hope this is true. Renting vacation club points is probably the only way we could ever afford to stay here, which I'm dying to do.

Monorail Lime

I guess it's time to accept that this project is really happening. :( I hold many dear memories at that beach.

Well, that's progress for you.

bdinger

I guess it's time to accept that this project is really happening. :( I hold many dear memories at that beach.

Likewise. I proposed to the wife there.

Hopefully they'll leave a nice walking path in place. The current walk between the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian is very nice, and convenient.

COProgressFan

I hold many dear memories of the beach, Wedding Pavilion, and the peaceful walkway in between as well.

I could point out again all the multitude of reasons that this is a bad idea, but it will do no good. It appears this project is going to happen. It's a shame how overbuilt WDW has become.

MissMorrow

Such a shame! It was a beautiful, peaceful area, one of my favorites on property. I was still hoping they wouldn't actually do it, but I suppose money talks. At least the beach on the Poly side of the Wedding Pavilion will still be there.

djkidkaz

This project is happening. They've already started replacing the windows of the wedding pavilion with stained glass ( not the Cindy castle window ) to hide the construction.

TinkerBelle8878

I could point out again all the multitude of reasons that this is a bad idea, but it will do no good. It appears this project is going to happen. It's a shame how overbuilt WDW has become.

First they over built Yacht and Beach and now this. I'd stayed there before and during construction of the DVC. I saw what it looks like after. Why not just build new resorts for the DVC owners? Stop ruining what had charm.

Whenever they announce these 'wonderful' ideas I wonder if they sit in a meeting and just say, what resort can we make look over crowded and ruin the beauty of?

I hope that Poly will somehow be passed over for this treatment but its probably wasted effort.

olinecoach61

First they over built Yacht and Beach and now this. I'd stayed there before and during construction of the DVC. I saw what it looks like after. Why not just build new resorts for the DVC owners? Stop ruining what had charm.

Whenever they announce these 'wonderful' ideas I wonder if they sit in a meeting and just say, what resort can we make look over crowded and ruin the beauty of?

I hope that Poly will somehow be passed over for this treatment but its probably wasted effort.

I too fear what they will do to the poly...

llrain

what will the celebs and beautiful people think of this monstrocity world of walls at their perfect resort with marbled floors and beachside cabannas....
with the sweaters tied around their necks, like its the 80's again...
Im so glad I cant afford this resort to buy DVC points here
bwhhoooohahhahahaaa
I know people will hate me for that post, but its all in good humor....
and if you feel this was directed at you and you arent a beautiful person, then you know I am not directing it to you..again I said it in good humor..too bad we have to post disclaimers about the mood of our posts....

At least its not directly at the main buildings that they will see the walls.

menamechris

I am worried about how this will look. Right now the resorts are so perfectly separated - almost as if they are on their own islands. I have a feeling this is really going to mess with that... Be that as it may - they seem to be giving the DVC folks what they want..

COProgressFan

Personally I think that that the concerns are a little overblown, so I am looking forward to the project.

Have you ever stayed at the GF or taken the peaceful walk from there to the Poly? Or gone to an event at the wedding pavilion?

These things might change your perspective. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but I don't think the concerns are overblown at all.

menamechris

For me, personally, there was a time that I could trust the decisions that were being made. I don't feel quite so confident these days. The quick buck wins every time now.

Pioneer Hall

Have you ever stayed at the GF or taken the peaceful walk from there to the Poly? Or gone to an event at the wedding pavilion?

These things might change your perspective. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but I don't think the concerns are overblown at all.

I have actually...to all but the wedding part of what you mentioned. Like you said, to each their own. I find the concerns overblown, you do not. I respect what you think as well, but respectfully disagree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom