PHOTOS - Tour through a completed Deluxe Studio room at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

mm121

the pull down bed is kind of an interesting and thoughtful touch.

families with one kid can just use the pull down rather than the pull out sofa as pull out sofas are notoriously uncomfortable. and families with 3 kids wont need 2 rooms anymore

as I'm not sure what disney's policy was, but when i worked in hotels it was against fire code to put rollaway beds in rooms that already had two beds

omurice

The rooms are beautiful, love the decorations and touches - wonderful pictures thank you so much!
As I had feared, on the first floor (and possibly the second), with lagoon view you get a spectacular view of... bungalows. It's surely better than a view of the parking lot but lagoon view here seems not worth it unless you're on the third floor. The two bathrooms thing seems an odd use of space in a DVC studio (usually solo and couples in those), but a family of 4 or 5 will surely prize these studios a great deal and without 1BR (and so few 2BR) I guess that is the point.

Mstr Gra-c

Cool thanks. Also which building ha sbeen renamed Pago Pago? Is it the old Rapa Nui? If so how can you see the lagoon from there? Isnt the view mostly blocked?

mm121

The rooms are beautiful, love the decorations and touches - wonderful pictures thank you so much!
As I had feared, on the first floor (and possibly the second), with lagoon view you get a spectacular view of... bungalows. It's surely better than a view of the parking lot but lagoon view here seems not worth it unless you're on the third floor. The two bathrooms thing seems an odd use of space in a DVC studio (usually solo and couples in those), but a family of 4 or 5 will surely prize these studios a great deal and without 1BR (and so few 2BR) I guess that is the point.

two bathrooms?

the room didnt look much if any bigger than a standard hotel room, or did they like take two old rooms and combine them into one to make these studios, i wouldn't think they would of done that though as that would require major reconstruction of the layouts along with lowering overall profitability by reducing the number of rooms

cspencer96

two bathrooms?

the room didnt look much if any bigger than a standard hotel room, or did they like take two old rooms and combine them into one to make these studios, i wouldn't think they would of done that though as that would require major reconstruction of the layouts along with lowering overall profitability by reducing the number of rooms
They did just that. Or, sort of. Split bath, similar to the layout on Disney Cruise Line but larger. The rooms at Poly are massive by WDW standards, so they had a lot of room to work with.

mm121

They did just that. Or, sort of. Split bath, similar to the layout on Disney Cruise Line but larger. The rooms at Poly are massive by WDW standards, so they had a lot of room to work with.

No only 1 toilet but 2 seperate split bathroom areas. :)

so basically toilet shower sink in one area, then extra sink in a different area? definitely wouldn't consider that 2 bathrooms.. def can speed getting ready in the morning though

dreamscometrue

So there are two bathrooms but are there two toilets? I only saw 1 in the pictures.
The studios have the split bathroom, like on the Disney Cruise line ships. There is a sink and shower room, and a sink, toilet, shower/tub room. This is a great idea for the studios (which is what we stay in on almost every WDW.)

Already booked and can't wait to stay there.

nicb88

the pull down bed is kind of an interesting and thoughtful touch.

families with one kid can just use the pull down rather than the pull out sofa as pull out sofas are notoriously uncomfortable. and families with 3 kids wont need 2 rooms anymore

as I'm not sure what disney's policy was, but when i worked in hotels it was against fire code to put rollaway beds in rooms that already had two beds

I don't think it's against Disney's policy, as Port Orleans Riverside rooms in Alligator Bayou have 2 queen beds and a pull-down bed. Plus many of the deluxe resorts have day beds/sofas that fold over into the equivalent of a pull-down as well as their two queen beds :)

mm121

I don't think it's against Disney's policy, as Port Orleans Riverside rooms in Alligator Bayou have 2 queen beds and a pull-down bed. Plus many of the deluxe resorts have day beds/sofas that fold over into the equivalent of a pull-down as well as their two queen beds :)
i was talking old school rollaways, not pulldowns

TP2000

A very nice looking room, if a bit dark (surprisingly). The view of the bungalows slung out over the murky water is... interesting. Isn't the point supposed to be that your bungalow sits over crystal clear water instead? :confused:

The designers here get major props from me for including vintage Saarinen furniture in the hallway common areas. Probably not real Saarinen by Knoll, probably a good knock-off, but maybe it is genuine Knoll furniture? Anyone care to wait for the hallway to clear out and then take a discreet look at the tag underneath?

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Cool thanks. Also which building ha sbeen renamed Pago Pago? Is it the old Rapa Nui? If so how can you see the lagoon from there? Isnt the view mostly blocked?
The pictures were taken in Moorea (formerly Tahiti). Moorea is the only DVC building to have lagoon (lake) views. Pago Pago is the old Rapa Nui and Tokelau's name remained the same.

nicb88

Well the old Alligator Bayou rooms had the old 'murphy beds' in rooms with 2 doubles. So it was the same situation :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Well the old Alligator Bayou rooms had the old 'murphy beds' in rooms with 2 doubles. So it was the same situation :)
The old Alligator Bayou rooms had a trundle bed under one of the double beds. It was designed for a child. Our family of 5 spent many nights in these rooms.

nicb88

The old Alligator Bayou rooms had a trundle bed under one of the double beds. It was designed for a child. Our family of 5 spent many nights in these rooms.

Sorry - yes, trundle bed. I had trouble remembering the name, haha! I remember them as my (much) older brother used to fit on them no trouble and he was in his mid-20s!

note2001

Sorry - yes, trundle bed. I had trouble remembering the name, haha! I remember them as my (much) older brother used to fit on them no trouble and he was in his mid-20s!

I'm 99% certain these Murphy beds are the same size as the ones installed last year at VWL. If so, my 17 yo son (5'10" at the time) fit fine on it and said it was very comfortable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom