PHOTOS - Polynesian Resort DVC construction

flyerjab

Just thought I would update this quickly. Unless this is already known, DVC member sales for the Polynesian Village DVC rooms and bungalows will start on January 12th. Sales to the general public will begin on February 9th, with the first date available being April 1st.

If you go to the DVC website, they have a short write up with 3 attached pictures. One is concept art of the pool area with the new children's play area in the background. The second is a photo of the inside of the bungalows kitchen/living room area that faces the deck. The third is the photo of the back of the bungalows from the finished walkway.

note2001

Just thought I would update this quickly. Unless this is already known, DVC member sales for the Polynesian Village DVC rooms and bungalows will start on January 12th. Sales to the general public will begin on February 9th, with the first date available being April 1st.

If you go to the DVC website, they have a short write up with 3 attached pictures. One is concept art of the pool area with the new children's play area in the background. The second is a photo of the inside of the bungalows kitchen/living room area that faces the deck. The third is the photo of the back of the bungalows from the finished walkway.

Do you know what the price per point will be set at, and if there's any premier buyer benefits (not that I can afford to buy direct)

Rinx

I'd really like to see the bedrooms and especially bathrooms. The living room furniture is quite bland and ehhh.

toasty

Anyone know if they will have a unit onsite that you can just show up and walk through, like you can at Boardwalk, or will the only way to tour these units be to set up an appointment and go through the whole spiel? Would love to see them, but have no intention of buying more points right now, and wouldn't want to waste anyone's time...

WDF

I haven't been over there in a while and I can't tell from these photos exactly, I take it they removed the entire outdoor water feature as well? The little stream that ran under the bridge?

toolsnspools

Anyone know if they will have a unit onsite that you can just show up and walk through, like you can at Boardwalk, or will the only way to tour these units be to set up an appointment and go through the whole spiel? Would love to see them, but have no intention of buying more points right now, and wouldn't want to waste anyone's time...
The dvcmember site said they would have a model at the SSR sales office.

dreamfinder

This is my biggest complaint with the bungalows, I think the roof should have been the same red roofing used on the rest of the resort. I also think it odd they are painted a slightly different color than the longhouses. I like how the bungalows look, I just wish they blended better with the main resort. They remind me of an addition to a historic house, they look similar to the original design style but there are enough subtle differences you can tell they are an addition, they don't look bad, they just don't look quite right.

I'm far from an expert on the Poly, but is the color differences perhaps be anticipating fading due to the Florida sun? Most of the time "new" paint gets put on something the colors look way off, but then 6mo-1y later, they are spot on due to fading.

WDWtraveler

I haven't been over there in a while and I can't tell from these photos exactly, I take it they removed the entire outdoor water feature as well? The little stream that ran under the bridge?

In the new area outside the back entrance of the lobby, there is no stream or bridge, just level pavement and grass areas. However, behind the construction walls closer to the pool, the area is not complete and there may be some features yet to see.

At the front entrance to the Polynesian Village Resort, the ponds, rocks, and tropical vegetation will be much the same as before.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Do you know what the price per point will be set at, and if there's any premier buyer benefits (not that I can afford to buy direct)
I saw a post on another site claiming the price would be at $160 for current owners starting next week. If history repeats it will go up a bit after a month or so.

MarkTwain

I have to say, the new volcano is a HUGE improvement. This one looks much more craggy and something that would have developed naturally... in other words, volcanic. It also looks a lot like the one in Aulani. I like that they went with grey for the Polynesian though, keeping it distinct from Aulani's brown volcanic rock (which is a distinct feature of Aulani's home island of Oahu).

WDWtraveler

I like that they went with grey for the Polynesian though, keeping it distinct from Aulani's brown volcanic rock (which is a distinct feature of Aulani's home island of Oahu).

I'm not sure you should expect the Polynesian pool volcano to be grey. It is still under construction. The rocks built outside the back door of the lobby were painted shades of brown already. In a photo I posted previously (see below), the finished rock on the right in front of the sidewalk is brown. This rock appears in the background of the second photo I posted on Jan 6.

img_4210-jpg.76708

WDWtraveler

Photo update for feature pool construction at Polynesian Village Resort as of Sunday, Jan 12. Photos from left to right. In the first photo's foreground, there is a large area between the feature pool and the Great Ceremonial House. No one has told me where Trader Sam's will be built, but this seems to me a good area for it. The concrete wall in front of the feature pool volcano seems likely for a building wall. Does any one know?

IMG_4569.JPG

IMG_4570.JPG

Note in the below photo, the rock on the left side of the construction wall is painted brown to match those already exposed in the lobby's back yard area.

IMG_4571.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom