PHOTOS - Monorail Black receiving a wrap for Iron Man 3?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Darn, I really hope the monorail can get expanded one day. I will throw you this one Bobby... since you're left leaning and will run for political office here in NY as a member of the Democratic Party, you can make a monorail expansion replace many buses. Then you can tout your environmentalism... win-win... am I right? lol

Darth Sidious

This is actually a huge component. "Disney" still has certain connotations. To many people, Disney is still for children and women.

The reasoning behind both the Lucasfilm and Marvel acquisitions. They may be reluctant to spend at the moment but be sure they WILL capitalize off this at some point. They want to define Disney as a company you can grow up with and grow old with. Entertainment for everyone and in my opinion that is a great thing. Sure they could have created new IP but that's easier said than done and they got some excellent and well established IP. That also isn't to say they can't make their own mature IP.

I honestly am optimistic on the company's future. What is sour now may change in the future. I would also expect some Speilberg collaborations after Iger is retired... Which is usually a great product.

@ParentsOf4 your thoughts?

Prince-1

If you spend the amount of money acquiring Marvel you will do whatever you can to promote any upcoming movies, TV shows, etc. Disney is a buisness run by executives whose goal is to make money. Wrapping a monorail is one easy way to do it.

ChristianG

Found this via Twitter:

BGCmzWHCUAA_T5P.jpg

Darth Sidious

I like the design... I saw the trailer last night while seeing Oz and this movie is gunna be huge. It looks really good and RDJ is the best!

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Can't say I'm a fan of the IM3 wrap. Out of the three they've done so far I think Tron looked the best, IMO. Keep in mind I'm not into the idea of using the monorails as billboards to begin with though. I'd prefer they leave that to the LV Monorail.

Monorail_Red

Can't say I'm a fan of the IM3 wrap. Out of the three they've done so far I think Tron looked the best, IMO. Keep in mind I'm not into the idea of using the monorails as billboards to begin with though. I'd prefer they leave that to the LV Monorail.
Same here, even though I thought Tron looked the best, due to the arrangement of Epcot-only, it put so much irreversible wear and tear on Monorail Coral. Not to mention how much of a PITA it was to accomodate the Epcot-only provision. The TRON-o-Rail was around when I was a pilot, and it seemed like the down time we had for a train switch was only amplified when we had to make the way for Coral to go between Epcot line and the shop. Unfortunately, this whole moving billboard concept was approved by an incompetent manager who set a very ugly precedent if you ask me.

Obi Walt Kenobi

As long as its only one monorail at a time and not the whole fleet in wraps I have no problem with it. It is fun to spot it and it adds some deversity to the same old same old. I do wonder if this isn't pushing the bounds on what they can legally do with marvel in the parks, it's almost like they have themed a monorail to iron man, one may consider the monorail a ride of sorts. either way I'm sure they are covered and I think it would be cool to see in person.

hpyhnt 1000

Sigh...the only semi-positive thing about these wraps is that the train gets a full re-painting afterward.

Hopefully this one doesn't overstay its welcome. Avengers wasn't too bad in how long it was up, but the Tron wrap was up for WAY too long.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
I do wonder if this isn't pushing the bounds on what they can legally do with marvel in the parks, it's almost like they have themed a monorail to iron man, one may consider the monorail a ride of sorts. either way I'm sure they are covered and I think it would be cool to see in person.

They've already done this with The Avengers and there were not any legal repercussions then so I doubt there will be any with the IM3 wrap. However, I assume that like The Avengers wrapped train, the IM3 wrapped train will not run on the Epcot beam since it enters the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom