PHOTOS - 'Frozen' MagicBands to debut at Disney's Hollywood Studios next week

jakeman

More so than the Frozen bands, I'm looking forward to the other Disney characters that will eventually show up.

If this has the same technology as the Star Wars bands (where the thing "talks" to you) then it will be awesome once more Disney characters (like the Fab 5) show up.

cw1982

You know, if these types of bands are going to be offered more and more, it seems like they might sell better if Disney could offer them as an upgrade on the basic customized bands that they include with resort reservations... I would think that they'd be more likely to get $10-15 extra per person (asking guests to pay the price difference) to change out the blank ones than they would be to get $25-30 per person in the shops, especially if paying an upcharge fee would mean that the themed bands could have a guest's name on them like the normal ones do.

Not that the Frozen bands won't sell just because they're Frozen :rolleyes:, but I wonder if they have plans for something like this going forward.

Rob562

It should work just like any other band and once it is associated with your account it will continue to work until you inactivate it.

While all "tap-to-use" functions (park entry, FP+, room charge, room key, etc) should work indefinitely, the battery for the long-range system in the Band (currently only used for automatically linking on-ride photos with PhotoPass+ and some as-yet-to-be-deployed interactive elements) are only expected to last about 2 years.

-Rob

Kuzcotopia

My DW will buy one for my DD. There is no way that isn't going to happen.

It better link without any problems. . . that's all I have to say. . .

queen_elsa_meme_by_babybear_lovesfrozen-d6weltf1.jpg

Mawg

Are these types of bands selling? Are they collector items? Are people seeing them on eBay? I'm not understanding why a cooler looking water park/state fair bracelet with additional functionality is so fascinating? I would much rather have a Christmas ornament or something as a souvenir. Oh that's it, people are using these as Christmas ornaments afterwards.

Money Grab.

erasure fan1

Are these types of bands selling? Are they collector items? Are people seeing them on eBay? I'm not understanding why a cooler looking water park/state fair bracelet with additional functionality is so fascinating? I would much rather have a Christmas ornament or something as a souvenir. Oh that's it, people are using these as Christmas ornaments afterwards.

Money Grab.
Well this may answer your question.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...gic+bands&_nkw=magic+bands&_sacat=0&_from=R40
It would seem they are. I would NEVER pay $30 for a magic band, especially if the long range battery only lasts 2yrs. For me, I could find a lot of things to spend $30 on. Now an upgrade for $10, I could do that if the band was cool enough.

AndyS2992

Well this may answer your question.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmagic bands&_nkw=magic bands&_sacat=0&_from=R40
It would seem they are. I would NEVER pay $30 for a magic band, especially if the long range battery only lasts 2yrs. For me, I could find a lot of things to spend $30 on. Now an upgrade for $10, I could do that if the band was cool enough.
Why would someone want to buy a preowned useless Magic Band for $40 which has been on someone's sweaty wrist for a week or two :confused:

cw1982

Why would someone want to buy a preowned useless Magic Band for $40 which has been on someone's sweaty wrist for a week or two :confused:

Especially since they cannot be transferred to anyone else once they are linked to a MDE account. About the only use they have after that is for gaming purposes.

sjhym333

I was talking to someone high up in merchandise on the 4th (at a party) and I was told that there are still Yoda MagicBands at the Studios available and there were Darth Vadar ones still available about 2 weeks ago, so they did not sell out quickly. Disney is looking at those sales to see how they want to proceed with special editions in the future. I think the price point was high, but that was just my opinion. When I commented that Disney must be cleaning up with the sales of MagicBands I was surprised that my friend said the profit margin on the bands was a lot lower then I thought.

This same person (who is involved in the merchandise FP+ loop) told me that the Frozen MagicBands will not be limited edition and should be available for a long time. The big concern is will production be able to keep up with demand at the moment. I was also told to not be surprised if you see the addition of 3 or more additional Frozen designs come out later in the year. There were 7 designs made and the ones released this coming week are only the first wave of Frozen MagicBands that will be available. Also he confirmed that Purple MagicBands should be available in the fall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom