PHOTOS - First look inside the new Haunted Mansion gift shop - Memento Mori

MissM

Exactly where is this? In the old shop outside the exit? that was very small, Did they enlarge it, or move it?
This is the same shop that was between the Tangled restroom path and the Columbia Harbor House. Used to have kitchen stuff in it. They did not enlarge it. It's still quite small. In fact, it's even smaller as part has been walled to make a private photo booth room for the lenticular skull photos.

Atomicmickey

Hm. First, they had a small version of the patina brass plaque on the site,
but no full sized version. Now, the small one is gone.

And, they have a 'busts' collection, but not the bookend ones.

Curiouser and curiouser. Are they trying to make me book a trip, lol . . .

It certainly does have a pull to it. And I am acutely aware of the sad fact that
I am attracted to go there because they opened a STORE with STUFF to BUY,
and I am sad that my emotions have fallen prey to their evil plan. It's like
they did this on purpose, or something.

dreamfinder

Hm. First, they had a small version of the patina brass plaque on the site,
but no full sized version. Now, the small one is gone.

And, they have a 'busts' collection, but not the bookend ones.

Curiouser and curiouser. Are they trying to make me book a trip, lol . . .

It certainly does have a pull to it. And I am acutely aware of the sad fact that
I am attracted to go there because they opened a STORE with STUFF to BUY,
and I am sad that my emotions have fallen prey to their evil plan. It's like
they did this on purpose, or something.

Call the merchandise hotline? So long as none of the merch is tagged LE they should be able to sell it to you over the phone. I do believe the disneystore.com website parks merch ships from the DisneyStore.com warehouse, not the parks, so the selection will be limited, and may go in and out of stock.

MissM

Of only minor interest I'm sure, but I was cleaning off my counter and came across my receipt from Sunday and noticed they have updated the name of the shop for the receipts. :)

2014-10-07%2B15.48.07.jpg

yaksplat

Yes, that's my point. I was just pointing out it no longer says "Yankee Trader" on the receipts. ;) Like I said, not really terribly interesting but it caught my eye so I thought I'd share a pic.:D

I think the more interesting thing was that there were only two items on the receipt and not about a dozen.

momof1princess

Still a line at times today, but not as long as it was yesterday. Also, for what it's worth, a cast member said they are still looking at adding new merch. Don't know where she heard that, though. We did a lot of shopping today and I will confirm what other posters said - many items, if not all are available in other stores also. Still, it's a fun addition!

TheRabbit

I think its ridiculous that that built a shop SMALLER than what was there before, so much so that they can only let in a certain number of people at a time and they have to enter single file in one door, and out another. There is no standby for Toy Story this week, but to go inside this store you have to wait in a standby line. RIDICULOUS!

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think its rediculous that that built a shop SMALLER than what was there before, so much so that they can only let in a certain number of people at a time and they have to enter single file in one door, and out another. There is no standby for Toy Story this week, but to go inside this store you have to wait in a standby line. REDICULOUS!
The lines won't last, it's just the fact it's new. I think it's just about the right size to stay on theme and not end up with generic merchandise moving in - as happened at Tower of Terror with its large store.

TheRabbit

The lines won't last, it's just the fact it's new. I think it's just about the right size to stay on theme and not end up with generic merchandise moving in - as happened at Tower of Terror with its large store.
I love the theme and merchandise. But I was told at the store that it only holds a certain amount of people. Has nothing to do with it being new (according to the cast working it)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I love the theme and merchandise. But I was told at the store that it only holds a certain amount of people. Has nothing to do with it being new (according to the cast working it)

Every building has a max occupancy. It being new is causing a large number of people to want to go inside which is exceeding its capacity. Given time, the demand will fade and it won't hit its occupancy limit.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Does anyone know the maximum occupancy? I counted maybe 12 peeps in the shop, including myself, before the CM stopped others from entering. I assume the occupancy is probably higher than that but I did feel a little cramped in the store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom