PHOTOS - A tour inside Be Our Guest Restaurant's Parlor Room, West Wing, Rose Gallery and Ballroom

JungleTrekFan

I hate to say this, because I think the rooms themselves are excellent, but I am a bit concerned about that the daylight from the front door is so visible from the ballroom. That light intrusion compromises the snowy nighttime illusion from the big window mural during the daytime. Apparently, WDI learned nothing from the exit hydrolator removal fiasco at The Seas pavilion.

This is just for previews, During lunch the doors to the ballroom should be closed thus leading guests to the registers to order their food first, and then the doors to the armory will close at night for dinner, and once you put your name in at the podium before the bridge a seater will walk you in (thus the front doors should be closed). Rumor has it that in front of the mosaic by the entrance Beast will be doing pictures for dinner.

Which of these rooms will be open and closed during lunch?

All three are open for lunch. The Rose Gallery (where the Belle and Beast music box is) will be closed at dinner.

(sorry for the double quote but wanted to clear this up) No no no, Only the Ballroom is open for Lunch and all three are open for Dinner.
Edit; danlb_2000 was right about which rooms would be open for dinner and lunch, i apologize.

doctornick

Rumor has it that in front of the mosaic by the entrance Beast will be doing pictures for dinner.

If true, I wonder if you will be able to enter to take a picture with him without eating there.

(sorry for the double quote but wanted to clear this up) No no no, Only the Ballroom is open for Lunch and all three are open for Dinner.

There have been a number of inconsistent claims on this issue, including from official WDW sites IIRC. I think we'll have to wait to see how it gets run to know for certain.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

If this is true then Disney needs to correct their web site since it clearly says that the Rose Gallery is only open for lunch.
  • The mysterious West Wing, featuring an enchanted rose
  • The Rose Gallery with twirling, larger-than-life figures of Belle and Beast (this dining room available at lunch only)
  • The Ballroom, elegantly styled with a domed ceiling, twinkling chandeliers and views of softly falling snow
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/be-our-guest/

JungleTrekFan

Wondering same thing, when I made adrs there was no way to do that though, I guess in person you have to ask when you check in even though they will probably say we cant guarantee it.

Im doubtful that they will take requests on which room, just like any restaurant, its not about what room your in but which server is next to get a table. But it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Im just really excited about eating there very soon. Everything looks so beautiful and the food sounds delicious.

JungleTrekFan

If this is true then Disney needs to correct their web site since it clearly says that the Rose Gallery is only open for lunch.
  • The mysterious West Wing, featuring an enchanted rose
  • The Rose Gallery with twirling, larger-than-life figures of Belle and Beast (this dining room available at lunch only)
  • The Ballroom, elegantly styled with a domed ceiling, twinkling chandeliers and views of softly falling snow
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/be-our-guest/

hmmmmm, thats not what i heard from cast and managers over there, but we’ll find out soon enough lol (but i tend not to trust disney websites, their not always right)

Edit; Just noticed it said the Ballroom had a domed ceiling and couldn't help but laugh, because that huge thread over how terrible the ballroom looks without a domed ceiling.

JungleTrekFan

If true, I wonder if you will be able to enter to take a picture with him without eating there.

Probably not, with any Dining location that has a character photo spot it is only for the people that are eating there. For dinner their podium for guests is before the bridge so guests should never be headed towards the castle unless they are being seated by a cast member.

harveyt0206

Wow! I am so impressed with what I am seeing here. Thanks Steve for keeping us up to date with all of the video walk throughs and pictures. The ballroom with the falling snow looks lovely. I can't wait until we start receiving some live reviews from the WDWMagic members who have ressies in the next few months.

ishmael0316

I went to my magical home yesterday and just happened to walk by the Fantasyland event. It was roped off and they were sending everyone away saying it was for CMs only. I walked up and the CM looked at me and asked how many were in my party. I said 2, my wife and I, and he said have fun. I asked a person in an imagineer polo at the castle about the possibility of decorating the Beast's castle for holidays. She responded with "We considered decorating this castle for the holidays, but decided against it. If you are aware of Disneyland and the decorations they have when Jack Skellington takes over, we did not want Disney world to become that." Further she said, "The reason being, here in Orlando, we have so many families making a once in a lifetime trip, that it would not be fair to them to have an attraction, such as this, down for redecorating. Disneyland has so many more annual pass holders and repeat customers, that the company feels this gives Disneyland the opportunity to offer more seasonal options."

I responded with, "Wow, I wonder why so few of us annual pass holders could register to come here today then, if there are really that many fewer of us in Orlando and Disney can't keep the website functioning. Don't get me wrong, I love what you have done here with the expansion and love the opportunity to see it, just wish I didn't waste 2 hours sitting at a computer hitting refresh. Would you really have to close the attraction to decorate it as you are not open for breakfast anyway?"

"No, but seasonal decor is more of a Disneyland thing. Thank you for coming in today. Hope you have a magical time."

I guess what has been said several times on the message boards about Disneyland vs. Disney World as it relates to seasonal decor is true. It is all about the pass holders vs once in a lifetimers. It was just interesting to hear straight from the company's mouth. :)

Had lunch in the West Wing today. Very dark, but I loved the theming. My companion did not like how dark it was. So, fortunately, you have options!

Everything looked wonderful. The idea of having basically a themed queue line for a restaurant seemed definitely different, but it worked.

The seared tuna is incredible. Like one of my favorite things I've ever eaten in a theme park awesome. The accompanying salad was also pretty good. Loved the poached egg. Also had the french onion soup, which I don't generally like so I can't really judge, but I enjoyed it enough to eat most of it.

My friend had the braised pork. I tasted it, it was good enough, but I wouldn't call it special (he disagreed). The tuna was special.

Refillable drink stations during lunch. Sooooooo yeah, this is now the best lunch spot in the Magic Kingdom.

WDWBryan

I had a feeling there would be drink stations since the place is really order and sit down. Were the drinks paper cups or something real like the rest of the dishes?

Mansion Butler

I had a feeling there would be drink stations since the place is really order and sit down. Were the drinks paper cups or something real like the rest of the dishes?
I know from seeing people they are paper for lunch. There seem to be curtains(?) they'll close in front of the stations during dinner, which I'll bet has normal cups.

motox7

Had lunch in the West Wing today. Very dark, but I loved the theming. My companion did not like how dark it was. So, fortunately, you have options!

Everything looked wonderful. The idea of having basically a themed queue line for a restaurant seemed definitely different, but it worked.

The seared tuna is incredible. Like one of my favorite things I've ever eaten in a theme park awesome. The accompanying salad was also pretty good. Loved the poached egg. Also had the french onion soup, which I don't generally like so I can't really judge, but I enjoyed it enough to eat most of it.

My friend had the braised pork. I tasted it, it was good enough, but I wouldn't call it special (he disagreed). The tuna was special.

Refillable drink stations during lunch. Sooooooo yeah, this is now the best lunch spot in the Magic Kingdom.
So they have began serving preview lunches or something? Thought they weren't gonna be serving till nov. 19?

JungleTrekFan

So they have began serving preview lunches or something? Thought they weren't gonna be serving till nov. 19?
During cast previews opening for lunched may be occurring, i do know that today was the first night of Full service being run. F&B managers at MK and cast at BOG have received coupons for dinners and lunches at BOG for all this week. I can’t wait to go to dinner tomorrow with my family.

BigThunderMatt

Just wanted to share that I was able to experience a Fast Casual lunch test at Be Our Guest yesterday and the food was absolutely fantastic. They're definitely still working out some of the kinks in the service but it definitely raises the bar for CS restaurants across property and I would not be surprised to see more locations take up this style. Once they get into full swing this will definitely be a great option.

BigThunderMatt

The system actually worked quite well. We had a snafu at my table where the hostess got some of the tables mixed up and meant to give the order she had to the table next to us and almost gave us their food (thankfully they didn't have anything similar so I knew right away it wasn't ours).

What really got me, however, was the usage of actual china and silverware. The napkins were a heavier material that felt more like cloth (but was still disposable). The cups were the only thing that were standard CS, but that was due more to the fact that it was a self-serve drink station at lunch rather than the drinks brought to you. Free refills though!

jdmdisney99

It seems Disney's going with all the special technology. It's efficient that you don't have to carry you're food all the way to you table and instead someone else gets to. :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Sooo excited. Makes me think we might actually be able to grab a lunch here sometime between Nov. 9-17.
What do you all think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom