PHOTO - First look at the newly renovated Grand Deluxe Guest Rooms at the Walt Disney World Swan

drnilescrane

I'm extremely disappointed by this renovation. I'd be the first to admit that Graves 'entertainment architecture' never really worked all that well, but these new rooms have absolutely no personality whatsoever... which wouldn't be a problem if they were at any other normal Sheraton or Westin. But the architecture of that resort cries out for something a bit more dynamic (and a bit more Graves).

ptaylor

Premium Member
I like the new look. The Swan rooms are the most functional on property, and it looks like they are being brought right up-to-date. Looking forward to seeing one in person.

DC0703

I'm a little confused by the term "grand deluxe room" - it sounds like they are renovating all of the rooms. Is that the description they are using for all of the updated rooms, or are these for suites/special view rooms, etc? Is there any sign that the prices will go way up as a result?

As for the look, I like the sleek, contemporary look. I don't spend a lot of time in the rooms, so I just like a comfortable, clean place to sleep.

WDW_Jon

Look good to me...
like someone said, don't need themed rooms everywhere, it's a good option in my opinion.
We always stay at the dolphin and will be again next October... Hope they are all done in there by then!?
What do you think?

DVCPluto

It mentions that 500 out of the 756 are getting the renovation ... do the other 256 rooms stay in the original decor - sort of like a time vault? Tomorrow's retro rooms?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
These new rooms look great to me! I have actually never stayed here, but I'm seriously considering it for my next trip!

I would definitely recommend checking them out. We have stayed at them a couple time and love the convenience of the location and getting deluxe level amenities at a price close to that of a moderate.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm a little confused by the term "grand deluxe room" - it sounds like they are renovating all of the rooms. Is that the description they are using for all of the updated rooms, or are these for suites/special view rooms, etc? Is there any sign that the prices will go way up as a result?

As for the look, I like the sleek, contemporary look. I don't spend a lot of time in the rooms, so I just like a comfortable, clean place to sleep.
I've contacted the Swan to find out about this, I will update when I find out.

WDW_Jon

May just be me, but all the stuff about not feeling like disney?
You are as close to 2 of the parks as anywhere on property as well as the boardwalk and 3 other 'disneyfied' hotels... It's an amazing option for the location and price...
Comfortable beds and good pool area... What else do you do in a hotel!?
May just be me but I can get to sleep just fine without mickey carpet and interactive wall art!

KingdomofDreams

The Swan/Dolphin were never really on my radar, but these rooms look quite nice and the location is great. After seeing the 2015 Disney Resort room rates, we might give this hotel a try next trip. We've always stayed AKL and love it, but $320/$342 a night for a standard view room ($429/$457 for Savannah view) in VALUE season is beyond ridiculous.

epcotisbest

May just be me, but all the stuff about not feeling like disney?
You are as close to 2 of the parks as anywhere on property as well as the boardwalk and 3 other 'disneyfied' hotels... It's an amazing option for the location and price...
Comfortable beds and good pool area... What else do you do in a hotel!?
May just be me but I can get to sleep just fine without mickey carpet and interactive wall art!
Yeah, but...but...I got nothing.

Mouse_Trap

Don't.... Just stayed there and it just doesn't have Disney feel at all.... I been going for 30 years and blah...

That's probably because it's not a Disney hotel........

Besides that, I have always considered both hotels an eyesore. Now I know Disney didn't design them, but they sure had to approve the designs.....what were they thinking.

WDW_Jon

That's probably because it's not a Disney hotel........

Besides that, I have always considered both hotels an eyesore. Now I know Disney didn't design them, but they sure had to approve the designs.....what were they thinking.

They may not be to everyone's taste but they look a lot better than the generic buildings popping up everywhere else that are 'disneyfied' resort hotels... Standard hotel plus a 3 storey nemo character and it's better.... Don't think so

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Personally I think the hotels and surrounding are are just beautiful..

1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom