Passholder discounts Summer 2017

21stamps

Original Poster
I'm gonna lean towards...don't go
If I get rained out in the Keys again I may just have a complete mental breakdown. I mean I'm halfway there anyway..lol.

The crazy thing is- WDW (because of the AP) is about even in cost with a Keys stay.. BUT, I have a harder time reconciling the money for WDW. Not hating on Disney.. just my travel dates.lol

mouserrificmom

I was a little disappointed because I really wanted Poly, but the only thing available with a discount for my dates was Theme Park view or Club Level which is pricier than standard without a discount....I was able to get a good deal at the Boardwalk, but I will keep checking to see if the Poly opens up and when the APs come out . . .I am thinking probably not since there was not availability at the start :( Oh well, I am excited to be walking distance from World Showcase if I can't have a pina colada with my toes in the sand for the MK Fireworks :)

MySmallWorldof4

If I get rained out in the Keys again I may just have a complete mental breakdown. I mean I'm halfway there anyway..lol.

The crazy thing is- WDW (because of the AP) is about even in cost with a Keys stay.. BUT, I have a harder time reconciling the money for WDW. Not hating on Disney.. just my travel dates.lol
That is a cruise vacation for you too, correct? Skip Disney this time. I think you said you were going to go in the fall anyway.

wdwfan22

I was a little disappointed because I really wanted Poly, but the only thing available with a discount for my dates was Theme Park view or Club Level which is pricier than standard without a discount....I was able to get a good deal at the Boardwalk, but I will keep checking to see if the Poly opens up and when the APs come out . . .I am thinking probably not since there was not availability at the start :( Oh well, I am excited to be walking distance from World Showcase if I can't have a pina colada with my toes in the sand for the MK Fireworks :)

Keep trying they have been playing with room types all morning. One minute it will tell you it's not available and the next it is. I was booking dates for end of July/August and was able to secure mine at Grand Floridian and i had family that wanted Polynesian. They couldn't get the standard room at first only Theme park view. An hour later the Standard view was open. It pays to keep checking.

21stamps

Original Poster
That is a cruise vacation for you too, correct? Skip Disney this time. I think you said you were going to go in the fall anyway.
Yes, out of Miami, not Port Canaveral, which is why I'm looking at WDW vs the Fla Keys.

I will be going in the Fall, T won't be. I felt a little guilty about that so thought I could squeeze a short trip in with the cruise.

He may..possibly..go next winter again, we'll see. If not, it's 2018.

MySmallWorldof4

Yes, out of Miami, not Port Canaveral, which is why I'm looking at WDW vs the Fla Keys.

I will be going in the Fall, T won't be. I felt a little guilty about that so thought I could squeeze a short trip in with the cruise.

He may..possibly..go next winter again, we'll see. If not, it's 2018.
Oh that is a long time. If it was me I would go to Disney because I cannot go to Florida without being there. You could stay at another resort and maybe book a fireworks cruise? Or have dinner at California Grill and then catch the fireworks there?

deeevo

You would be surprised what opens up. I had BC booked for 6 months and checked for a Poly standard AP atleast 3 times a week for 6 months. It finally became available 2 weeks before our trip but we ended up staying with BC anyway. Just keeping checking.

mouserrificmom

Keep trying they have been playing with room types all morning. One minute it will tell you it's not available and the next it is. I was booking dates for end of July/August and was able to secure mine at Grand Floridian and i had family that wanted Polynesian. They couldn't get the standard room at first only Theme park view. An hour later the Standard view was open. It pays to keep checking.

You would be surprised what opens up. I had BC booked for 6 months and checked for a Poly standard AP atleast 3 times a week for 6 months. It finally became available 2 weeks before our trip but we ended up staying with BC anyway. Just keeping checking.

I will...and have (he he he) I do know that a few days later a travel agency has a huge block of rooms that they are selling off as one of their "exclusive deals" so that may be why they haven't opened up with the discount because my dates include the start date of that deal. I should look to see if anything is open if I check out the day before that deal starts. The standards are available without a discount and I MAY do that in the end because I do have well over 3k banked in Visa dollars....but i'd rather not blow all the rewards on just the room. I am happy with the deal I got at boardwalk (312$ per night for 8 nights) but I am really hoping for a polynesian escape :)

21stamps

Original Poster
How about booking after the cruise? Or do you already have your airline tickets?
Oh that is a long time. If it was me I would go to Disney because I cannot go to Florida without being there. You could stay at another resort and maybe book a fireworks cruise? Or have dinner at California Grill and then catch the fireworks there?

I don't have airline tickets years because I haven't figured out exactly what we're doing after the cruise. The place I'm looking at in the Keys is a 5 night minimum.

I'm in the same place that I was for his bday.. on one hand I want to do Disney more now because he is young.
On the other hand- there are so many other places that I want to take him.
And.. I have limited vacation time.

So.. it's a Disney monorail resort (bc of convenience and MK focused trip) or a marine focused boating/snorkeling/ocean/island vacay.
And I just can't decide. Like always. This is what I do. I'm an indecisive mess.

MySmallWorldof4

I don't have airline tickets years because I haven't figured out exactly what we're doing after the cruise. The place I'm looking at in the Keys is a 5 night minimum.

I'm in the same place that I was for his bday.. on one hand I want to do Disney more now because he is young.
On the other hand- there are so many other places that I want to take him.
And.. I have limited vacation time.

So.. it's a Disney monorail resort (bc of convenience and MK focused trip) or a marine focused boating/snorkeling/ocean/island vacay.
And I just can't decide. Like always. This is what I do. I'm an indecisive mess.
I will say that because he is young he may get more out of a Disney trip that is similar to your last and not first trip. ;) We took our kids to the Keys when the oldest was 7. There really was not that much to do for them. The trip was really for us adults who really just wanted to do the drive down there and see Key West. The water was actually boiling hot so we could not enjoy the beach where we stayed. But that is just us. We don't snorkel like you do. I have a fear of swimming with fish. Silly, I know. :D

21stamps

Original Poster
I will say that because he is young he may get more out of a Disney trip that is similar to your last and not first trip. ;) We took our kids to the Keys when the oldest was 7. There really was not that much to do for them. The trip was really for us adults who really just wanted to do the drive down there and see Key West. The water was actually boiling hot so we could not enjoy the beach where we stayed. But that is just us. We don't snorkel like you do. I have a fear of swimming with fish. Silly, I know. :D

If I ever finish my "mistakes" trip, you'll see what happened to us in the Keys in '15. Lol.

I love boating, I love exploring the ocean and ending up on little uninhabited islands.. prior to T's birth I was an avid diver.. now, we have to stick to snorkeling.. but in just over 3 years I will be back to diving frequently again.. with him at my side. So, I think- ok, we have time for all of that later.. but then at the same time I want him to have a solid foundation of knowledge and love for marine life now, so it continues later. I don't want to waste time swimming with the dolphins in Mexico, so we would do that in the Keys.
But... MICKEY MOUSE.

So I don't know.lol. I'm waiting to find out more info about this sailboat thing.. if they don't call me back in the next half hour I'm going to try again. That may be the determining factor.

Or..maybe I'll just ask his opinion tonight.. even though that usually leads to trouble lol

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

If I ever finish my "mistakes" trip, you'll see what happened to us in the Keys in '15. Lol.

I love boating, I love exploring the ocean and ending up on little uninhabited islands.. prior to T's birth I was an avid diver.. now, we have to stick to snorkeling.. but in just over 3 years I will be back to diving frequently again.. with him at my side. So, I think- ok, we have time for all of that later.. but then at the same time I want him to have a solid foundation of knowledge and love for marine life now, so it continues later. I don't want to waste time swimming with the dolphins in Mexico, so we would do that in the Keys.
But... MICKEY MOUSE.

So I don't know.lol. I'm waiting to find out more info about this sailboat thing.. if they don't call me back in the next half hour I'm going to try again. That may be the determining factor.

Or..maybe I'll just ask his opinion tonight.. even though that usually leads to trouble lol
Oh wow I forgot that one was still ongoing. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom