Passholder discounts Summer 2017

MySmallWorldof4

Every time I have been, GF is always less than Poly. I don't know why it has a reputation of being the most expensive. IMO that only applies to RPC.

I must go at the wrong time of the year.. but even in September with 30% I was well over $500 per night at Poly. The cheapest room for July 1-5 is at GF, for $501. Which is a fair amount less than what I paid for Poly in September '15.
How do you people find these prices in the $300s???
GF not available. Maybe the rate is sold out, or they haven't released all the rooms yet. It may also be that the other rates aren't TPV.

mouserrificmom

I was really surprised to see that the Poly had discounted 25% off for Standard View for my week when they had only CL TPV on the general discount....I had given up hope and booked Boardwalk with the general discount and today saved another 320 as it went from 25 - 35% off!! Though I love love LOVE the Poly ..... I decided to stick with the boardwalk...in the end it is almost 1k less for the week than the Poly would be. If Beach Club opens up with people moving things around, I may switch over there but I am actually now looking forward to something new!!!

21stamps

Original Poster
I was really surprised to see that the Poly had discounted 25% off for Standard View for my week when they had only CL TPV on the general discount....I had given up hope and booked Boardwalk with the general discount and today saved another 320 as it went from 25 - 35% off!! Though I love love LOVE the Poly ..... I decided to stick with the boardwalk...in the end it is almost 1k less for the week than the Poly would be. If Beach Club opens up with people moving things around, I may switch over there but I am actually now looking forward to something new!!!
Wait, what? What dates are 35% off?

MySmallWorldof4

Saving $1000? Can't say no to that. :)

21stamps

Original Poster
I've been crunching numbers of DVC for the past couple of hours.

Trying not to get sucked in..lol. I don't think I will. But that phone call has had me and my calculator quite busy lately. I need to check to passholder and general discounts again.

MySmallWorldof4

Trying not to get sucked in..lol. I don't think I will. But that phone call has had me and my calculator quite busy lately. I need to check to passholder and general discounts again.
If you plan on going to Disney once or twice a year for 30 years just T and you I think it can work. For us we are 6 and for almost $200 a point we realized not worth it at this point. We always need a 2 bdrm. We just need a huge amount of points. The cool thing is you can use the points for DCL too.

mouserrificmom

I can never really quite understand how/why it is worth it. You are basically just pre-paying for the room years and years in advance, correct? You still have to spend 800 (possibly more?) per year in "dues", so that adds to your points in terms of real cost of the room.....and then you still have to purchase park tickets and all other aspects of the vacation. We have talked about it though, it is attractive to me in the sense of having a place we can use and share when our littles become parents so that they can take their kiddos (our future grandkids!!) on trips with less of a cost burden....THAT is the only place I really find value......maybe a DVC member can explain it to me better?

21stamps

Original Poster
I can never really quite understand how/why it is worth it. You are basically just pre-paying for the room years and years in advance, correct? You still have to spend 800 (possibly more?) per year in "dues", so that adds to your points in terms of real cost of the room.....and then you still have to purchase park tickets and all other aspects of the vacation. We have talked about it though, it is attractive to me in the sense of having a place we can use and share when our littles become parents so that they can take their kiddos (our future grandkids!!) on trips with less of a cost burden....THAT is the only place I really find value......maybe a DVC member can explain it to me better?
If I would have bought 2 years ago I would have almost half of the contract paid for already.. I debated it briefly in December and decided against it. They called me today about their new "specials" and it had me considering again.. the problem is, my son is almost 7, and I don't see us going to Disney World annually forever. I also don't see me being able to book a reservation at 7 or 11 months out. Lol

I was looking at 180 points at Poly. Right now they are offering $1750 off + an extra year of points. So I would get 360 points initially.

deeevo

If I would have bought 2 years ago I would have almost half of the contract paid for already.. I debated it briefly in December and decided against it. They called me today about their new "specials" and it had me considering again.. the problem is, my son is almost 7, and I don't see us going to Disney World annually forever. I also don't see me being able to book a reservation at 7 or 11 months out. Lol

I was looking at 180 points at Poly. Right now they are offering $1750 off + an extra year of points. So I would get 360 points initially.
Don't do it!!...lol... wonder if sales have slowed down. Do they always have those kind of deals?

MySmallWorldof4

I would have said, if you add another zero to the end of the $1750 you have a deal.";)

MySmallWorldof4

I know. I'm still undecided:(.
Make up your mind woman!!!:p Although after reading your Key West tr I can see why you would want a redo.;) But then, T won't be little forever and may not want to do Disney in a bunch of years. But then thinking of my kids, they love the beach vacations too. Okay, yep, I am no help.:D You do still have your AP though. I believe in getting your money's worth.;)

21stamps

Original Poster
I have our passholders preview night at our amusement park this weekend- total surprise for T.. then great wolf lodge for two nights..also a surprise...and his bday party planning. This is one 10 day birthday celebration lol..and we also have Easter which I am not at all prepared for!

I can't focus on anything else at the moment.. besides work. Ha ha

21stamps

Original Poster
Make up your mind woman!!!:p Although after reading your Key West tr I can see why you would want a redo.;) But then, T won't be little forever and may not want to do Disney in a bunch of years. But then thinking of my kids, they love the beach vacations too. Okay, yep, I am no help.:D You do still have your AP though. I believe in getting your money's worth.;)
Ha ha! No you are no help!!!

MySmallWorldof4

Ha ha! No you are no help!!!
I know you said he would not be helpful, but I would ask T his opinion. Also you know, you are going on a cruise to see a bunch of awesome places. Maybe you should just do Disney so he can just have a bit of fantasy on the trip? Just a thought. You will have plenty of relaxing time on the cruise so there will be plenty of not running around time so if you run around Disney, you know you will have a bunch of truly relaxing days. It also needs to fit in your budget so if both are even, I would go to Disney. Just my 2 cents then. Okay there, I made a decision.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom