Parking fees at Walt Disney World theme park increase effective October 4

dizneycrazy09

Sounds like they are discouraging the average guest from staying off property.

That's exactly what they're doing. Realistically, Disney doesn't even want that guest; therefore, they will be charged $20 for parking and receive no perks. Not saying that it's not insane that parking has doubled in less than a decade or that the prices overall are out of control - just stating a fact.

ryguy

Isn't a one day ticket still the most popular ticket sold? Even if it's not a lot of people still pay for parking. And most Disney resort guests I book vacations for don't rent a car, they use Disney transportation.

Feel bad for those who have to pay, there really is no justification for that price point. Paying for parking should only happen where space is at premium like in a big city. Every other instance is a price gauge. Disney could charge $5-$10 bucks and still basically making pure profit.

But they all do it, so it is what is. The insanity will continue.

Goofyernmost

Sounds like they are discouraging the average guest from staying off property.
If anyone gets through elementary school math it is pretty easy to discover that staying onsite is not affected by the parking rates. When a value resort is around $200. per night and offsite you can get a much better accommodation for $70 to $100 per night that more then makes up for the $20. parking fee. In fact, for less then $60.00 per night you can easily get a room offsite that is bigger and of much better quality then on Disney. I'm sure glad that I don't have most of you taking care of my financial life. I'd be broke by now. P.S. It also pays for a car rental for that time, if needed, plus extra left over. If you are not going to have a car, either yours or a rental then free parking is not even in the discussion. Simple math my friends.

disney4life2008

Isn't a one day ticket still the most popular ticket sold? Even if it's not a lot of people still pay for parking. And most Disney resort guests I book vacations for don't rent a car, they use Disney transportation.

Feel bad for those who have to pay, there really is no justification for that price point. Paying for parking should only happen where space is at premium like in a big city. Every other instance is a price gauge. Disney could charge $5-$10 bucks and still basically making pure profit.

But they all do it, so it is what is. The insanity will continue.

Know those fancy garages being built in the springs that tell you how many spaces available? Know the race car experience that got tore down in a matter of weeks and will likely become a parking lot at mk? Im sure these increases pay for those costs.

BrenRays

If anyone gets through elementary school math it is pretty easy to discover that staying onsite is not affected by the parking rates. When a value resort is around $200. per night and offsite you can get a much better accommodation for $70 to $100 per night that more then makes up for the $20. parking fee. In fact, for less then $60.00 per night you can easily get a room offsite that is bigger and of much better quality then on Disney. I'm sure glad that I don't have most of you taking care of my financial life. I'd be broke by now. P.S. It also pays for a car rental for that time, if needed, plus extra left over. If you are not going to have a car, either yours or a rental then free parking is not even in the discussion. Simple math my friends.
Many of the off site resorts have complimentary shuttles to bring you to the parks as well

DrummerAlly

From a quick look at Disney's prices it looks like a rack rate value room is around $110 during the cheap seasons and around $150 during the summer insanity. I'm sure there are days that are $200 but thats not the bulk. Simple math doesn't always equate to the best "value" for a vacation.

Honestly, $20 for non-onsite or pass holder parking seems reasonable to me. I live near Boston and recently just paid an exorbitant amount of money to park at the Boston Children's Hospital for a couple of hours with my daughter who was a patient. Parking for a football game is now $40 and there is TONS of space there. They're making a profit. This is what parking at places costs.

Rescue Ranger

I'm fine with this and makes sense. Plus even most off property places offer free transport. Mostly affects those driving from out of town not staying nearby I suppose.

Radeksgrl

Does this new "free parking" apply to existing annual passholders (I have a weekday pass I purchased in Nov 2014)? Or is it only for annual passes purchased from this point forward?

R W B

I've only paid for parking one day and it was $14 a few years ago. This won't really affect me.

Yea, I've never paid any where near $200 for a night at a value resort. Yes, you could stay off site for cheaper and then you can also enjoy that drive to and from the parks everyday, you enjoy driving somewhere for breakfast everyday instead of a nice short walk (sure, some hotels do have a few breakfast), you enjoy driving back to the offsite hotel if you forget anything or need to grab a jacket at night, I could keep going here. Now none of what I just said may apply to you personally but it does to me and that's why I stay on property for all extended trips. This December we're going for the weekend and we're renting an off-site 3bd condo for $75/nt so I do know the value is there but for my 5-10 day vacations I want to be on property at all times because I find it so much easier. It's not just about basic math.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom