Parking at the Swan/Dolphin

jduran

Do we consider Swan/Dolphin a Disney resort? Hmmm, if not moderators, feel free to move. That's not my question though.

I'm a little confused about the parking situation at the Swan/Dolphin. Just booked my first-ever stay there first week of October. So excited because I'm getting what feels a deluxe hotel and awesome location for half (with a FL resident discount) of what Disney charges for the same convenience. BUT something has rained on my parade and that's the parking. After booking I found out Swan/Dolphin CHARGES for parking at the resort and I always drive because I rather do that than use Disney-provided transportation. :brick:

I'm confused with the prices. I found this on the Swan/Dolphin official site:

Self Parking Fees
Day Parking - $12.00 + tax for each exit
Overnight Parking - $11.00 + tax

Valet Parking Fees
Day Parking - $15.00 + tax for each exit
Overnight Parking - $18.00 + tax

Does that mean I'm charged every time I exit and reenter even if I self-park? Has anyone else dealt with this? This might be a dealbreaker.

Also I was under the impression Swan/Dolphin guests can park at the theme parks for free. Is that true or am I just making it up in my head?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes the parking fee is per night. Theme park parking is free.

Have a great stay. The resort is fantastic - one of my favorites!

Upvote 0

stagestar

Since I also booked a stay at the Swan & Dolphin I looked into the question as well.

Theme Park parking is free for guests staying at the Swan & Dolphin even so they do NOT receive a Disney parking pass (as it is provided to guests at the Disney Resorts). Instead you will have to show your room key at the toll booths of the Disney theme park parking lots.

Now, regarding the parking lot at the Swan & Dolphin. The best information I could find was on the Transportation Feedback page of the resort. There they state:

5. Is there a fee for parking at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin?
Yes. The daily fees for parking are listed below and subject to change.

Self Parking Fees Valet Parking Fees
Non-Registered Guest* $12.00 for each exit $15.00 for each exit
Registered Guest ** $11.00 + tax per day $18.00 + tax per day

*A non-registered guest is a guest who is visiting the hotel to use the facilities and services, but is not staying over night.

**A registered guest has a room reservation to spend one or more nights at the hotel.

Since you will be a "registered guest" as guest of the Swan & Dolphin you should NOT be charged per exit but only per day i.e. you should be able to drive in and out of the resort's parking lot as often as you want.

stagestar

Upvote 0

ornurse

We stay at the Swan frequently and we LOVE the hotel! Parking is 11/day and you can go in/out as many times a day as you desire for that 1 fee. Remember that even tho' parking is included at the Disney resorts, you are still probably getting a great rate at the Swan (Dolphin) that more than makes up for the parking. They also charge you a resort fee of $12/day, I think. It used to be 10 but went up in May. For that you get a newspaper, although I use that term loosely as it is the USA Today, 2 bottles of water, internet access, and free local calls and maybe 20 min of long distance. Oh, and robes in your room. For some reason, I love hotel robes......You can walk to Epcot and HS. You just flash your room key at the parking attendants to get into WDW, and of course, you can have EMH. LOVE the hotel and no, I don't work there! Try the Caesar salad at the pool restaurant--it's wonderful!

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

We stay at the Swan frequently and we LOVE the hotel! Parking is 11/day and you can go in/out as many times a day as you desire for that 1 fee. Remember that even tho' parking is included at the Disney resorts, you are still probably getting a great rate at the Swan (Dolphin) that more than makes up for the parking. They also charge you a resort fee of $12/day, I think. It used to be 10 but went up in May. For that you get a newspaper, although I use that term loosely as it is the USA Today, 2 bottles of water, internet access, and free local calls and maybe 20 min of long distance. Oh, and robes in your room. For some reason, I love hotel robes......You can walk to Epcot and HS. You just flash your room key at the parking attendants to get into WDW, and of course, you can have EMH. LOVE the hotel and no, I don't work there! Try the Caesar salad at the pool restaurant--it's wonderful!

The Dolphin is one of my favorite resorts on property. Ive stayed there more than any other resort in WDW. I will be staying there during the first week of Oct also. I think you are going to love it.

In addition to what was mentioned for what is included for $12, you also get several packets of various blends of Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea to brew. Also, use of the gym which is a complete facility with towels and complimentary bottled water. More than worth the price of $12 for all of that, especially with the discounted price you received.

The beds are by far the most comfortable on property, even for Disney owned Deluxe resorts. The pool is my favorite on property also.

I don't know if you said you are going with kids, but this resort is great for adults without children.

Mandara Spa looks amazing and smells great. It is located off of the lobby. Breakfast at Fresh Mediterranean is awesome. And Picabu quick service is open 24 hours. Dolphin has everything.

Upvote 0

stagestar

Regarding the resort fee: the included internet access in the rooms is available via WiFi - as I got told when I inquired for my upcoming trip to the Dolphin (really looking forward to it).

Another thing i already like abot the resort priorto myfirst stay with them: the concept of being able to organize certain services (airport transportation, gifts in the room etc.) via their online concierge.

However, I think they could avoid many questions and help first time guests if they would clarify / amend some of the information on their website. For example the page I linked above was the only one I found that referenced the complete parking fee structure including the pricing for registered guests. On some other pages the wrong impression is created that all parking fees are"per exit" only. Also I was unable to find the information concerning availability of WiFi in the rooms on their website but had to contact the resort by e-mail.

Upvote 0

wolf359

Personally, I think they would save themselves some grief and make things clearer to guests in the process if they would simply roll the parking fees and resort fees into the cost of the room just like the other resorts on property.

Personally, I feel like charging mandatory fees after the fact is just a ploy to appear to offer lower rates when I'd much prefer to just see exactly what I'm actually going to pay up front instead of playing the bait and switch game.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom