PARK HOPPER

ALONZO LAUREL

Original Poster
OK SO....
we go to disney next week. I had to get the hopper option for the free dining, didnt plan on using it. We are going hollywood studios they have early hour so we arrive at 8am. Most of our stuff will be done by 4 including dining with minnie. We will have vip tix for fantasmic at 830 do you all think I have time to hop to animal kingdom and back for fantasmic at 830 pm? Traveling with 7,3,1 year olds and 5 adults. I wanted to do a quick safari and maybe depending on the line, world of pandora. Plus take some cool pics with the scenery.

jgj123

I'd say you would be lucky to just ride the Safari. Pandora still has 2 hour + waits.

You need to account for the time it takes to get out of HS and get to the bus; travel to AK, get from the bus through the AK entrance and to the ride, ride wait time and ride time (safari is not a few minutes) and do it in reverse to HS. Remember, just because you have VIP tix for Fantasmic does not mean you just show up a few minutes before 8:30 and expect to find seats.

epcotisbest

I think you would be much better off going back to your room for a little rest, maybe a bit of pool time, then heading back for Fantasmic! Trying to cram in too much can be stressful for the little ones and the adults as well. Best thing we ever did at WDW was start slowing down and not trying to do so much.

epcotisbest

Better off hopping on the boat to EPCOT and seeing what you can ride there....probably not FROZEN, but little ones might like NEMO and/or Figment and the 5 adults would certainly enjoy a walk around World Showcase
So by the time they get back to Fantasmic! the whole group, including three children, will have been going for at least 13.5 hours (assuming they got up at 7 a.m. for the 8 a.m. arrival). Add another couple of hours for the show, return to the room and prep for bed and you are talking a 15.5 hour day for three children. I can't imagine that, but I guess some people do it.

Herdman

I think you would be much better off going back to your room for a little rest, maybe a bit of pool time, then heading back for Fantasmic! Trying to cram in too much can be stressful for the little ones and the adults as well. Best thing we ever did at WDW was start slowing down and not trying to do so much.

I second this thought. I would use the time for a little rest so your kids will fully enjoy being back for Fantasmic.

Keith2426

I concur with the earlier posts. Having been to Pandora there is no chance, I repeat no chance of getting on Flights of Passage or seeing Pandora and the Safari In that time frame. The bus to/from will be a time killer alone. However, I do think you will get through the studios much quicker than you think with all the closures and you will have more time the you think for something else. I would recommend taking a break with the little ones at the resort and maybe get a quick swim or a nap in. Taking a boat to Epcot is certainly another option. Once you've used your last fast pass at the studios immediately try to get a fast pass for Frozen on your phone. Believe it or not I've seen major attraction fast passes become available even after they say they are gone but you have to be persistent and a little lucky.

ALONZO LAUREL

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!!! Its going to depend on how tired we are and if they cancel fantasmic due to weather. Once the last fast pass is done ill try to get frozen one and see what happens with fantasmic and weather. If everything is good we will do epcot instead it seems closer even with the walk but if a break is needed we will take it. the only reason i say 4 pm is because we have 3pm "dinner" reservations so we wont be done before then.

mbtohill

So by the time they get back to Fantasmic! the whole group, including three children, will have been going for at least 13.5 hours (assuming they got up at 7 a.m. for the 8 a.m. arrival). Add another couple of hours for the show, return to the room and prep for bed and you are talking a 15.5 hour day for three children. I can't imagine that, but I guess some people do it.

Just providing an option....The OP sounded like they were OK going all the way to AK for a couple hours....EPCOT would just be a bit easier to manage

ALONZO LAUREL

Original Poster
Just providing an option....The OP sounded like they were OK going all the way to AK for a couple hours....EPCOT would just be a bit easier to manage
OH YEA!! i was totally looking for options I was unaware of it being any easier to do epcot. I think the frozen would be a huge hit with my niece and son but i have absolutely no idea how tired they will be or if theyll be awake or napping and since the weather is unpredictable you never know. Id love to be able to do the epcot before fantasmic but if not then a nap would be great too!!!! lol

epcotisbest

Yes, I appreciate that. And it is a good option, better, in my opinion than the AK idea. Just seems a little much for kids, but I don't know the stamina of OPs kids, or the adults for that matter.
I suppose I was just giving the option that would work best for my wife and I, a couple of old folks who have slowed down a lot on our approach to the parks, and discovered the slower, more relaxed pace, with rest built in, works so much better for us.

epcotisbest

OH YEA!! i was totally looking for options I was unaware of it being any easier to do epcot. I think the frozen would be a huge hit with my niece and son but i have absolutely no idea how tired they will be or if theyll be awake or napping and since the weather is unpredictable you never know. Id love to be able to do the epcot before fantasmic but if not then a nap would be great too!!!! lol
Epcot would be much easier, as you can just hop a boat over there and back. It is a fairly lengthy walk, but at a good pace, you can make it quicker via walking than by boat, as the boat makes multiple stops. For someone like me, who enjoys resting some, the boat ride is more relaxing. And we do like naps too.

POLY LOVER

OK SO....
we go to disney next week. I had to get the hopper option for the free dining, didnt plan on using it. We are going hollywood studios they have early hour so we arrive at 8am. Most of our stuff will be done by 4 including dining with minnie. We will have vip tix for fantasmic at 830 do you all think I have time to hop to animal kingdom and back for fantasmic at 830 pm? Traveling with 7,3,1 year olds and 5 adults. I wanted to do a quick safari and maybe depending on the line, world of pandora. Plus take some cool pics with the scenery.
I would say no, pandora is the issue, wait time vary but count on at least 2 hours for those rides alone. Why kill yourself on the first day?

DisneyDaver

That's way too much for 1 day with kids that age. I suppose the 1 year old can nap in the stroller so he/she might be ok, but way too much for the 7 and 3 year old. In addition to being tired, the 7 year old will not be able to walk fast and there is a lot of walking in AK. Where are you staying? If not too far, I would head back so the kids could rest for a bit and then head back to AK.

Even if your group were just adults, I would recommend Epcot over AK. If it were just adults and you walked fast while at AK, you could likely fit the Safari in (but not Pandora) before you need to head back to DHS for Fantastic, but that's not worth all the travel time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom