News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

vancee

How do you know we haven’t hung out already?

You should develop good taste, but that’s a little hard to come by. Oh well.🤷🏾‍♀️
I do have a good taste. Today I had pee ice cream from Abominable Snowman Frosted Treats and a carne asada roll from Lamplight Lounge!! 💆‍♂️💆‍♂️🤷‍♂️

dweezil78

I do have a good taste. Today I had pee ice cream from Abominable Snowman Frosted Treats and a carne asada roll from Lamplight Lounge!! 💆‍♂️💆‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Were you in this line??? Holy moly I can't believe people are willing to wait so long for some lemon soft serve and blue slushie. It blows my mind. I did try one of the Num Nums which also had a long line, but was nothing in comparison to this one. It was really good, not quite worth the $$$ or wait, but a great addition to the pier once the hype dies down.

IMG_6192.jpg

vancee

Were you in this line??? Holy moly I can't believe people are willing to wait so long for some lemon soft serve and blue slushie. It blows my mind. I did try one of the Num Nums which also had a long line, but was nothing in comparison to this one. It was really good, not quite worth the $$$ or wait, but a great addition to the pier once the hype dies down.

View attachment 293274
Yes, but when I went the line started at the pole by the Wall E sign. Oh, forgot to mention I had the chocolate chip cookie as well (was amazing).... oops. I’m gonna spend more time at the gym when I get back home.

BrianLo

I'm not saying that, from what I've seen online, that Pixar Pier isn't a totally underwhelming overlay, but isn't the best judge of whether it's succeeding with the general public or not is to compare before and after wait times?

After about 4-6 months and again at a 2-3 year benchmark. Not with the first days, weeks and months though, that's usually a better indicator about the success of their marketing teams.

dweezil78

After about 4-6 months and again at a 2-3 year benchmark. Not with the first days, weeks and months though, that's usually a better indicator about the success of their marketing teams.

Honestly...the big deal, IMO, is that Lamplight Lounge is going to crush it hard in a way that Ariel's never did. That's going to be a big money maker on the pier that they lacked previously. I don't see any signs of that dying down anytime soon. Incredicoaster is all good and well, but Pixar Pier wasn't designed to be an attendance booster -- it was designed to sell food, and it seems to be doing a very good job of that.

dweezil78

By the way...quick review on Pixar Pier. Cookies, Pee Ice, and Lamplight Lounge are all doing big business. No one could be bothered to care about the ugly chicken box or hot dog stand. Hot dog stand is still in an awful location that goes unnoticed by most guests, even with a giant angry-on-fire character out front.

Didn't get a chance to ride Incredicoaster today...just did a walk through. I thought the changes to the queue looked nice, as did the little fountain by the carousel. All that was fine. The games looked fine. There was no WOW factor, but also not a ton to necessarily be angry or offended by other than the stupid chicken box. It still mostly felt the like Paradise Pier to me, only refreshed and with some new signage.

D

Deleted member 107043

I would argue that it's more the incremental increase in attendance and guest spending in the wake of GoTG, Pixar Pier, PtN parade, etc that Disney is betting on. Additions like Lamplighter Lounge and the Frozen Treats stand are going to be irresistible to APs for decades to come.

mickEblu

Honestly...the big deal, IMO, is that Lamplight Lounge is going to crush it hard in a way that Ariel's never did. That's going to be a big money maker on the pier that they lacked previously. I don't see any signs of that dying down anytime soon. Incredicoaster is all good and well, but Pixar Pier wasn't designed to be an attendance booster -- it was designed to sell food, and it seems to be doing a very good job of that.

I never thought about it this way and it is probably one of the bigger goals of the overlay but couldn’t they have accomplished this for less money and effort? Did they have to go through the trouble of retheming Screamin. I don’t think so. Is it really baby Jack jack, a side character from Monsters Inc and a Pixar employee hangout theme that is selling the food? Or is it that they actually made an attempt to bring more interesting food options to the area? I think it’s more the latter but definitely a combination of the both. Lamplight Lounge is definitely the biggest upgrade (and maybe the only one with the pier entry) of Pixar Pier but I don’t think it’s the Pixar employee hangout theme that’s selling the food. It’s because it looks more like someplace you’d want to hangout now.

Last edited:

TROR

By the way...quick review on Pixar Pier. Cookies, Pee Ice, and Lamplight Lounge are all doing big business. No one could be bothered to care about the ugly chicken box or hot dog stand. Hot dog stand is still in an awful location that goes unnoticed by most guests, even with a giant angry-on-fire character out front.

Didn't get a chance to ride Incredicoaster today...just did a walk through. I thought the changes to the queue looked nice, as did the little fountain by the carousel. All that was fine. The games looked fine. There was no WOW factor, but also not a ton to necessarily be angry or offended by other than the stupid chicken box. It still mostly felt the like Paradise Pier to me, only refreshed and with some new signage.
That second point is why I'm angry.

NateD1226

I went on the Incredicoaster a couple of days ago and it wasn't that great. I got placed in the back which ended up being the worst place to be seated. The characters went by super fast and were hard to see with all the people and seats in front of you. My experience wasn't that great:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom