News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

Since people around here like to speak of the "sky is falling" crowd I think it's safe to say that the "Disney can do no wrong crowd" is alive and well.

DISNEY: Next Summer New Orleans Square will will be transformed into Ratatouille Land. This permanent change will delight guests for years to come...

DISNEY CAN DO NO WRONG CROWD: I kind of like this change. NOS needed something, it was getting a bit stale.

Professortango1

Since people around here like to speak of the "sky is falling" crowd I think it's safe to say that the "Disney can do no wrong crowd" is alive and well.

DISNEY: Next Summer New Orleans Square will will be transformed into Ratatouille Land. This permanent change will delight guests for years to come...

DISNEY CAN DO NO WRONG CROWD: I kind of like this change. NOS needed something, it was getting a bit stale.

If it means merely renaming Cafe Orleans and adding the Remy puppet that delighted guests in Epcot, I wouldn't be too worried.

Californian Elitist

Don't forget the Walt quotes.

"Disneyland will never be complete!"
"Disneyland is NOT a museum." Walt Disney said so himself.

Also the business aspect. Disney is here to make money. I'm all seriousness I feel nothing is scared for some of these folks.

dweezil78

Denial, Anger, Acceptance :)

mickEblu

Don't forget the Walt quotes.

"Disneyland will never be complete!"
"Disneyland is NOT a museum." Walt Disney said so himself.

Also the business aspect. Disney is here to make money. I'm all seriousness I feel nothing is scared for some of these folks.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember one illogical, ultra emotional post on this thread that warrant anyone mentioning "Sky is falling." All I have seen are many well thought out posts of people stating their opinion in a Disney theme park forum.

Californian Elitist

I could be wrong, but I don't remember one illogical, ultra emotional post on this thread that warrant anyone mentioning "Sky is falling." All I have seen are many well thought out posts of people stating their opinion in a Disney theme park forum.

Same. What's funny are the people who claim others take their likeness of Disney too seriously; these are the same folks who created an account specifically to discuss Disney.

SSG

It wasn't bad on this thread. A couple folks seemed a bit riled up, but nothing major, IIRC. Take a look at the MiceChat board if you're interested in some actual meltdowns. The way some of those folks were carrying on, I hope the medicine cabinet was locked up and all the sharp objects were hidden away.

mickEblu

Can Disney really destroy an area which is already broken? Was the area improved upon? Sure. Was it ever up to Disney park standards? No. I won't mourn the loss of a mediocre area.

But nobody here is mourning. Just stating opinions on why we dislike the idea of Pixar Pier. No one used the word "destroy" or Insinuated that Paradise Pier is perfect as is.

Professortango1

Paradise Pier should be enhanced, not be dumbed down with the Pixar brand.

How is swapping Victorian themeing with Disney characters slapped on for Victorian themeing with Pixar characters slapped on "dumbing down?" I'm just hoping this might finally enhance Screamin' and put something where Maliboomer was. Those two things alone would be massive improvements.

mickEblu

How is swapping Victorian themeing with Disney characters slapped on for Victorian themeing with Pixar characters slapped on "dumbing down?" I'm just hoping this might finally enhance Screamin' and put something where Maliboomer was. Those two things alone would be massive improvements.

The name kind of says it all. Pixar Pier. It's not called Disney Pier right now.

Professortango1

The name kind of says it all. Pixar Pier. It's not called Disney Pier right now.

Yes, it's called Paradise Pier. Alliteration. And guests will call it Pixar Pier whether they renamed it officially or not. They call Splash Mountain "The Log Ride" and say its next to "The Haunted House." Who cares what people call things? I care more about the themeing and experience of being in the land and it sounds like we're getting a slight improvement.

TP2000

It wasn't bad on this thread. A couple folks seemed a bit riled up, but nothing major, IIRC. Take a look at the MiceChat board if you're interested in some actual meltdowns. The way some of those folks were carrying on, I hope the medicine cabinet was locked up and all the sharp objects were hidden away.

I can't even look at that community any more. I used to be able to visit only briefly, but I had to look at the screen through a rolled up piece of paper to protect my brain. But now I can't even do that, it's just too scary and weird.

Californian Elitist

You answered your own question in the very beginning, in my opinion.

Simply slapping brands and characters on attractions is dumbing down. They're not fixing anything with Pixar Pier. They're making it worse. Like putting lipstick on a pig. And on top of that, they're also straying even further away from the "California" part.

mickEblu

Denial, Anger, Acceptance :)

Oh is this the explanation that everyone posts to trivialize negative opinions? Gotcha. Thing is the process you are stating is called human nature and it isn't exclusive to Disney theme park fandom. It also doesn't speak for everyone. Just because the end game is acceptance, does that mean anyone with an opinion should just agree and nod their head along the way. What's the point of a discussion forum?

In regards to this specific change: Denial? That would be weird as it was announced by Disney themselves. Anger? I haven't really felt that here as much as confusion or disappointment. Acceptance: What choice is there?

Stevek

I can't even look at that community any more. I used to be able to visit only briefly, but I had to look at the screen through a rolled up piece of paper to protect my brain. But now I can't even do that, it's just too scary and weird.
I can't go to that forum anymore either. Not to call out anyone specifically, but the MC Disneyland forum can be as scary as our WDWMagic WDW forum at times. Over the top, fanatical folks that I can't even relate to. Scary/weird as you say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom