Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jt04

I hope it's not PTN. Disney world needs to stop being cheap and build their own damn parade.

Orlando isn't known for having a lot of parade building technical experts.

Wdw would have better parade maintenance if they built a facility behind the circus tents and ran parades through Fantasyland. IMO.

The_Bellringer

Orlando isn't known for having a lot of parade building technical experts.

Wdw would have better parade maintenance if they built a facility behind the circus tents and ran parades through Fantasyland. IMO.
But I just done see why WDW would need to fight so hard to borrow another parade from DL. Shouldn't the most attended theme park in the world run by the largest and most profitable entertainment company in history be able to manage building a light parade?

jt04

But I just done see why WDW would need to fight so hard to borrow another parade from DL. Shouldn't the most attended theme park in the world run by the largest and most profitable entertainment company in history be able to manage building a light parade?

I think having LA be the hub and rotating parades gives them the best roi.

InsideDisney

I mean DCharaternews stated that the PTN rumors were not all false and entertainment hasn't made a decision yet... but I'm not sure how that members track record is. Some on here seem to think he/she isnt a reliable source.
Well that person did know when the announcement for Happily ever after and rivers of light was coming.

jt04

Then why don't they create a new parade out in LA and then send it to WDW? DL is perfect for PTN and I can't see it at WDW.

As a side.....

it would be interesting if the MK got a clone of DLs Fantasmic and ran it at the same time as HEA. Of course that would require moving the riverboat down towards Splash.

Then a night parade a couple hours later. That would mean a new show at DHS of some sort. Winning all around.

brb1006

After seeing videos of the night parades of other parks, I am of the opinion that MSEP should be thrown on a bonfire. And its music expunged from all human history.

Yeah, MSEP is fantastic... three decades ago. It is now running on the fumes of nostalgia. WDW should wait for the next generation of night parades and leap frog over the other parks.
And please let Dreamlights carry the MSEP legacy once the original parade is finally gone.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I may be wrong on this but when MSEP was announced for Summer Nighttastic at WDW that was a surprise nobody saw coming. Not even sure if @marni1971 knew about it? Lol.
Nightastic fireworks (Magic Music and Mayhem under a generic name) surprised even those who worked on it. It was a rushed promotion to try and divert attention from other things happening that summer not too far away.

Last edited:

wdw71fan

Now it's on Twitter! Man Disney is still sneaky! WDW 's own PTN or something else could be behind Splash for all we know!

Is this tongue in cheek? To my knowledge there is nothing staged behind anything backstage.. All the way to central shops (Where new/arriving floats would go first)

jrhwdw

Nightastic fireworks (Magic Music and Mayhem under a generic name) surprised even those who worked on it. It was a rushed promotion to try and divert attention from other things happening that summer not too far away.
Isn't it interesting that TDO always counters with entertainment when UO opens something big? When Potter 2010 opened, Nighttastic happened with MSEP and 180 degree fireworks every night. Potter 2014: FOF, Pyro for SWW and Frozen Summer. Now with Volcano Bay, HEA and DMM(OK maybe not a big event but it can't hurt DHS)

HMF

Isn't it interesting that TDO always counters with entertainment when UO opens something big? When Potter 2010 opened, Nighttastic happened with MSEP and 180 degree fireworks every night. Potter 2014: FOF, Pyro for SWW and Frozen Summer. Now with Volcano Bay, HEA and DMM(OK maybe not a big event but it can't hurt DHS)
Well, it has been their solution to everything for a LONG time. Not that Entertainment is a bad thing. The two things that touched me the most at Disney (besides SSE 94) were Tapestry of Nations and Reflections of Earth and again if they replace RoE, The replacement would literally have to be the best show ever done because that is what it's replacing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom