Our road trip, resort hopping, HOT, HOT, HOT trip report: August 9-21, 2010

I just got back a few days ago, and while laundry waits for me, I was excited to get started on this.

We are a family of six. There is me, Jenn, my hubby, Sam, 15 year old daughter, drama queen, Lexy (or as she has taken to calling herself by her middle name this trip Ariana :lol:), 9 year old daughter and mini drama queen, Lainey, 8 year old son, Roderick, and finally 6 year old daughter, Bella.

This was our first trip ever driving. My parents drove down when I was a kid, but we have never driven as adults. I was super excited for this new adventure. Sam was really not excited at all! He kept checking every day for flight prices to see if they had dropped.

I think because of this new experience there was more drama and crankiness before the trip. Sam and I were at each other a bit. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that I had this horrible mosquito bite. I had been itching it for days and on Saturday, the day we planned on leaving, it was very red and puffy looking. Really half of the back of my calf was involved. I asked Sam if he had ever seen a bug bite look like that and he said no. So we headed to the urgent care because I was worried that if it was getting infected that it would only get worse during our trip. So we spent two hours sitting around in a tiny boxlike room waiting to see a doctor for a prescription. It was crazy and not like we didn't have a million things to do. So we were snapping at each other a little, and I think at this point I didn't even want to go on the trip any more. I was ready to just scrap it. But we went home and starting throwing stuff in suitcases. Sam would have loved to been packed already but since I'm the procrastinator it wasn't done. Needless to say we were running late from our self-imposed leave time. Sam said if we were flying we would have missed the plane.

But at 10:30 at night we were finally ready to go. Here is the three little ones excited to get started. Lexy was cranky and too cool for this picture.

IMG_8517.jpg

I have a picture of Sam before we left, but he insisted on loading the garage with the door closed so not everyone would know we were leaving on vacation so he was hot and sweaty. :lol:

We have a 26 hour drive ahead of us without stops, be we left Saturday night because at this point we don't know if we'll want to stop and rest somewhere. We are due in on Monday the 9th and I wanted to be there right away in the morning. So here we go!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
As soon as we got in, we went for a quick ride on SSE. Sam told the kids that he got to ride with me this time. That was fun.

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

Sam always makes silly faces. I always smile, but my kids feel the need to make buffoons of themselves. This is so nice.

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

I can't believe that before this trip we had never been to Cliub Cool. The kids so loved to visit and get some soda. I guess we don't give it to them often enough, so they thought it was so cool to go and serve themselves.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

And the kids were so crazy about the soda, that they took a bunch of cups and made Sam fill up one of our water bottles with them. Notice the girl giving Sam a weird look like she can't believe he's filling up a water bottle.

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

HollyBelle

And the trip report LIVES! :sohappy: I'm so excited. Seeing all the shorts and tank tops in your pictures makes me kinda miss the heat of summer, what with all the coldness that we experience a couple weeks ago.

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
And the trip report LIVES! :sohappy: I'm so excited. Seeing all the shorts and tank tops in your pictures makes me kinda miss the heat of summer, what with all the coldness that we experience a couple weeks ago.

I KNOW! It's so hard to be reliving this right now in the middle of winter! :lol:

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
I can't remember exactly what happened, but I know that Lexy and I were having some issues at this time. I think she may have made some sort of a comment that hurt my feelings and then she wasn't talking to us. It was quite uncomfortable, but we did end up checking out innoventions so that we could be somewhere cool until it was time for dinner.

Here we tested our piggy bank skills.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

And the kids made frogs.

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
And we learned about fire safety.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

Woohoo! It's time for our Coral Reef reservation. I was looking forward to it, but also a little nervous. I had heard mixed reviews and didn't know what to expect. Well, it was BUSY! We had to sit on the floor while we waited. The halls were lined with people doing that when we got there.

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

Thankfully, at this point Lexy was starting to warm up again.

IMG_0422.jpg

We finally got our table, and we were facing the tank, but were pretty far away. I was hoping to be closer, but it was still nice.

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
I had the Mahi Mahi, and it was so delicious! I told Sam that it didn't taste like fish at all- he doesn't like fish. But when he tried it, he said it tasted like fish and he didn't like it.

IMG_0429.jpg

Sam had steak.

IMG_0430.jpg

This was cake that Lexy ordered and didn't care for, so I ended up eating most of it. I also ate my creme brulee, and some of Sam's Jack Daniel's mousse.

IMG_0432.jpg

After dinner, we decided to head back. We were tired. Unfortunately we just missed a bus, and had to wait while bus after bus went by. It was kind of comical.

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

August 18th is coming up next.

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
August 18, 2010

Today we decided to sleep in a little- I know shocking!!! And spend the morning at the pool. So we slapped our suits on and went to the Springs pool. We drove since we weren't that close.

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

The kids had a blast going down the slide and swimming around.

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

We were hot and hungry, but it was busy and we didn't want to give up our chairs. So we did something that I hate. I can't stand it when we get to the pool and there are no chairs, but it's impossible to tell who really has a chair and who just forgot their towels on chairs. So now I'm one of the people that annoy me. We left our towels and some of our stuff on our chairs and headed in to Artist's Pallette for some lunch. Feel free to lynch me now.

IMG_0471.jpg

Mmm, soup and a sandwich.

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

That really hit the spot. I like the ambience inside here. It's pretty. And wouldn't you know it, but when we got back outside, our stuff was still there along with all the stuff on the chairs around ours that other people had. So I guess I didn't feel so bad. Back in the pool to cool off again.

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

It's our home resort, and not necessarily our favorite, but I do think that Saratoga is a very pretty resort.

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

After our pool time, we went back to the room for a shower and then it was off to Epcot again. We had a lot of dinners there this time, so we spent a lot of evenings there. And the first thing we did upon arriving again was another ride on SSE. It is not Sam's favorite, so he is always so thrilled that the kids want to go so badly.

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

After the ride, we had fun playing around.

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

We headed towards world showcase and found another friend to watch.

IMG_0527.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
This was Sam's idea. I wanted their picture here and he said that we should do something different.

IMG_0529.jpg

My whole goal for today was to make sure that we saw Marie. Mission accomplished!

We waited for her to show up.

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

Whew, now I feel so much better! Who wants a grand marnier while they wait to eat here?

IMG_0537.jpg

Why thank you, don't mind if I do!

IMG_0538.jpg

The kids were so jealous!

IMG_0541.jpg

We drank em up and then checked in. I was so looking forward to eating here and possibly seeing Remy.

IMG_0542.jpg

Ahh, our waiter was Stephen and he was beyond adorable. Lexy teased me so badly about him. I was hanging on every french-accented word he said.

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Armand was bringing Remy around. He was hilarious. I had my camera out and he asked if I would like to take a picture. I said yes, so he posed for me. The kids thought it was pretty funny since they knew I wanted a picture of Remy not Armand.

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

Mmm, some yummy food!

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
IMG_0558.jpg

Oh, that was soo good! But I'm so stuffed now. We had to walk it off.

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Sam, Lexy, and Lainey decided to try Mission Space again, so Roddy, Bella and I hung around.

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

We were going to go here, but it was closed.

IMG_0583.jpg

Lainey and Lexy decided to go single rider on Test Track, so we found a bench and just relaxed a little. Aahhh. Now this is the life.

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

One more ride on SSE before we go.

IMG_0597.jpg

It was funny because Bella was too short to register for the picture, so they gave me a ridealong instead. She was like, who is this person?

When we got back to the resort, Roddy was on the lookout for snails. He always on the lookout for bugs, lizards, birds, or animals.

IMG_0601.jpg

Only two more days left!!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Number one: You're back! Yay!

Number 2: I love it! What great perspective!

Number 3: L has great taste. That dress is adorable on her! Must get that from her mother........:)

I'm just going to pretend that you didn't give me the number two there. Remember that perspective was Sam's.... :lol: I guess I can give Sam credit for having a good idea. He just will never let me forget it! :ROFLOL:

Lexy would so die if she thought she had style at all like mine. She's always telling me how I have absolutely no style and how old I am- of course, a day doesn't go by where she doesn't wear at least one article of clothing that is mine though. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom