Our road trip, resort hopping, HOT, HOT, HOT trip report: August 9-21, 2010

I just got back a few days ago, and while laundry waits for me, I was excited to get started on this.

We are a family of six. There is me, Jenn, my hubby, Sam, 15 year old daughter, drama queen, Lexy (or as she has taken to calling herself by her middle name this trip Ariana :lol:), 9 year old daughter and mini drama queen, Lainey, 8 year old son, Roderick, and finally 6 year old daughter, Bella.

This was our first trip ever driving. My parents drove down when I was a kid, but we have never driven as adults. I was super excited for this new adventure. Sam was really not excited at all! He kept checking every day for flight prices to see if they had dropped.

I think because of this new experience there was more drama and crankiness before the trip. Sam and I were at each other a bit. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that I had this horrible mosquito bite. I had been itching it for days and on Saturday, the day we planned on leaving, it was very red and puffy looking. Really half of the back of my calf was involved. I asked Sam if he had ever seen a bug bite look like that and he said no. So we headed to the urgent care because I was worried that if it was getting infected that it would only get worse during our trip. So we spent two hours sitting around in a tiny boxlike room waiting to see a doctor for a prescription. It was crazy and not like we didn't have a million things to do. So we were snapping at each other a little, and I think at this point I didn't even want to go on the trip any more. I was ready to just scrap it. But we went home and starting throwing stuff in suitcases. Sam would have loved to been packed already but since I'm the procrastinator it wasn't done. Needless to say we were running late from our self-imposed leave time. Sam said if we were flying we would have missed the plane.

But at 10:30 at night we were finally ready to go. Here is the three little ones excited to get started. Lexy was cranky and too cool for this picture.

IMG_8517.jpg

I have a picture of Sam before we left, but he insisted on loading the garage with the door closed so not everyone would know we were leaving on vacation so he was hot and sweaty. :lol:

We have a 26 hour drive ahead of us without stops, be we left Saturday night because at this point we don't know if we'll want to stop and rest somewhere. We are due in on Monday the 9th and I wanted to be there right away in the morning. So here we go!

Fyrecat

Thanks for your trip report, it's great. How do you afford staying at all those places with 3 kids? Jeez, that would cream me. It's great you can get on rides with your inner ear problem. I have an inner ear imbalance, and can go on mild rides, and thats it.

It looks like you're having a blast.

disneygirl1

All caught up Jenn!!! Love love BLT!!! It is just so modern! Hope to be able to stay there one day! Gosh I can't wait for December to get here!

DiPSU224

Yay for an update! I'm still following along! What exactly do you use to write up these TRs? I haven't used any type of word program in so long, can you actually attach the pictures you want to use there and then copy and paste it here? I would love to do a TR in the future if I ever get back to the World...

Always have such a problem with these things.. in class on the boards, want to look SO BAD, but how creepy is it to look at someone else's pictures, in class, from Disney?

I feel the same way when I'm having downtime at work and someone catches me on the forums reading the TRs. They'll ask who the people are and I feel so weird when I say "ummmm...I don't know them...." :lol:

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Love reading your trip report. Can't wait to hear more! As for the crankiness I think all mom's are entitled to have their moments. You seem to be very organized and having 4 kids is alot to manage, I'll bet. I only have two and struggle to get everyone on the same page.

I'm glad someone can understand!!

Love the TR! Mines is on here now too, should be getting the last of the pics on here by today or tomorrow. :sohappy:

Yay!! You're much quicker than me!

Finally!!:lookaroun:lol:

Love the belly rubbing pics! I'm sorry you were so hot during Kim Possible. I think our first mission was that way too!:lol:

You'll have to tell us your favorite of the three resorts!

I know! I'm so slow! You know me! It's hard to pick a favorite! I'm more of a find something to love about each one. I honestly don't think I can pick a fave of the places we've stayed so far. I know Sam would say his fave is Beach Club, and I love it there too. I think of the three we did this time, I might say OKW, but there are just so many great things about each! Do I sound wishy washy?

I'm still here, too! Busy busy (like us moms generally are) but I pop in when I can. Love all the details. I have one of those cool Contempo art pieces also. Heck, I think I have two! If I can locate them I'd be glad to send ya one. You could put it on Lexy's wall as a surprise! Lol!

Hot weather makes me oober cranky, too. I understand. Plus, I'm sure all the moving about could throw off the usual groove. Beware of the groooooooove!!! Lol!

Lexy *is* quite the little fashionista! She needs to come give me some tips so I can avoid the old-n-frumpies.

Still soaking in the fun. I'll be waiting patiently to hear all about Via Napoli!
:wave:

I can't believe that you have two cool contemporary pics! Lexy would say you are so much cooler than me! So don't even think that you have any old frumpiness about you! I'm feeling old right now because Lexy is turning 16 in two weeks. AAAAAAKKKKKK! where did the time go?

Always have such a problem with these things.. in class on the boards, want to look SO BAD, but how creepy is it to look at someone else's pictures, in class, from Disney?

That is too funny! Luckily I haven't been giving you any pictures to look at lately!

Thanks for your trip report, it's great. How do you afford staying at all those places with 3 kids? Jeez, that would cream me. It's great you can get on rides with your inner ear problem. I have an inner ear imbalance, and can go on mild rides, and thats it.

It looks like you're having a blast.

we bought into the DVC back in 2006 because we knew we would never be able to stay in two bedrooms if we had to pay the full price every year. We found that by budgeting up front, it makes things more manageable for us. Although, dining, tickets, etc. is still expensive for a family of 6, hence the drive this year.

All caught up Jenn!!! Love love BLT!!! It is just so modern! Hope to be able to stay there one day! Gosh I can't wait for December to get here!

December will be here before you know it!

Yay for an update! I'm still following along! What exactly do you use to write up these TRs? I haven't used any type of word program in so long, can you actually attach the pictures you want to use there and then copy and paste it here? I would love to do a TR in the future if I ever get back to the World...

You can write it up in a word program and then cut and paste, but I guess I'm backward. I write it here first, then I cut and paste it into a word program to print out for the kids. Some people never learn!

**bumpity bump**

Was thinkin' of ya, Jen!
:wave:

Thanks! I'm still alive! This was just a horribly busy month for me. I keep thinking of coming back and getting this done. I still haven't gotten everything on the new computer. I feel like everything is just all unorganized and everywhere. Oh, well, no time like the present!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Back again. After our Kim Possible mission and the crabbiness of that, we headed to Via Napoli to get our grub on. Everyone was really looking forward to trying it!

IMG_9987.jpg

IMG_9988.jpg

We didn't have to wait very long for a table at all, but either way the air conditioning felt heavenly!!!

IMG_9989.jpg

I love the interior of the restaurant! Very pretty and airy feeling!

IMG_9990.jpg

IMG_9991.jpg

IMG_9992.jpg

IMG_9993.jpg

IMG_9994.jpg

IMG_9996.jpg

IMG_9997.jpg

Our waitress was very cute and petite. but I think she had a hard time understanding Sam and what he wanted. Usually I'm the one who has trouble understanding what someone who doesn't speak my language is saying, but this time it was Sam. He was trying to ask how he could use the dining plan credit to order a small pizza and then pay out of pocket for another bigger pizza. It was so funny, because I don't think she could comprehend how one person was going to eat that much. Either way, he ended up getting his two pizzas and he like them. I don't think he thought they were anything special. He's a Chicago deep dish kind of guy. I thought my pasta was good, but Bella ended up eating most of it because she did not like her pizza. It just wasn't what she was used to. I'm glad we tried it, but I'm not sure we'll be running back.

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
We were reluctant to leave the coolness of the pizzaria, but eventually we had to leave.

IMG_9998.jpg

IMG_9999.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Lainey was happy that we finally got to see Snow White by her new Wishing Well in Germany.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

The kids just so loved Club Cool. They wanted Lexy to try the Beverly since she hadn't yet. So we had to go back so she could try. I'm guessing she didn't like it much.

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Then, the littles had to get silly with the products for sale there. I swear, I can't take them anywhere..

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

We decided to do Living with the Land next since we had already used our fastpasses, and the line for Soarin' was so long.

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

I love living with the land! I think it speaks to the science teacher in me.

We also watched the timon and pumba movie here, I can't remember what it's called right now, and I'm too lazy to look it up. But we hadn't seen it before. Roddy liked it, he's into that sort of thing. I think the girls thought it was meh.

IMG_0017.jpg

We also decided to go on in and see Turtle Talk with Crush. the kids love the show, but they decided they were too shy to ask questions. There are always plenty of hilarious kids in there though, so it was entertaining. When we got out, there was a rainbow.

IMG_0030.jpg

I desperately wanted to see Marie, but these were the only characters out at her spot.

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

After we were almost out of the park, Lainey decided that she wanted to buy the kimono she had eyed the other day today. So I took Lainey and Lexy back with me to get it, while Sam and Bella and Roddy watched Captain EO. I didn't know they were going to do that, and I wanted to see it, so I just made them rewatch it another day.

When we got back to the hotel, Lainey just had to model her new purchase and call her Nana to tell her all about it.

IMG_0044.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Jenn's trip report lives!! I just made you jealous because mine was done, didn't I?:lol:

I loved the interior of Via Napoli!! I don't think I've seen it before!

You loved the Land ride? Wow!:lookaroun:lol:

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Jenn's trip report lives!! I just made you jealous because mine was done, didn't I?:lol:

I loved the interior of Via Napoli!! I don't think I've seen it before!

You loved the Land ride? Wow!:lookaroun:lol:

I am jealous. You know I'm pretty competitive!!! :lookaroun :lol:

I can't believe you don't love the land ride! :D

sweetpee_1993

Hey! There you are! I'm such a worrier by nature. My logical mind knows people do have actual lives and -helloooo- a mom of 4 including a 16 year old is an exceptionally busy person. Then I think, "Gosh, I hope nothing bad happened...". Lol! What a dork! I know.

Okay I'm now even more worried that Via Napoli won't go over well with the family. Tracey & I are totally determined to try new stuff. I was jacking with ADRs the other night & managed to have Ohana pop up with a 5:30 availability for 6 with just weeks left to go. And I didn't do it because we want to try something new. Ugh! Somebody smack some sense into me!

Um, the after-Via pic of the kids in front of the restaurant...I'm looking on my iPhone and had to zoom in to make sure Bella wasn't giving us all the finger. Seriously. I was giggling like mad! Almost woke up Sleeping Beauty. Her sweet little smile and the finger. I was rollin! :ROFLOL:

Totally loved Lexy's response to the Beverly. That look when the kick hits 'em & they look in the cup like whatever is in there just bit 'em. Lol! Nothing better!

The kids look like they're having so much fun goofing around. You capture that well. :wave:

Laney's kimono rocks! Good choice!

Can't wait to see what's next! Thanks for not abandoning the report & leaving us hanging!

Oh! And you don't look like you are old enough to have a 16 year old. Seriously. Every year I tell myself "Well, I make 3_ look dang good!" I cling to that, actually. Lol! I feel ya, tho. My "baby" will be a teenager this Saturday. Where the heck did the time go?? Why so fast????

eagles

yay jenn your back! nothing like a good trip report while drinking the morning tea. :sohappy:

first all those silly thoughts of us going in june, are now totally out of the question. you talked me right out of it with your telling how hot it is. i know you went in august (?), but still. i remember how hot june was, and we had a miserable time.

loved the kimono. she looks so proud. i used to have one, and it eventually fell apart. next time i go i will have to buy a new one.

glad you finally got to club cool, but where are the pics of you trying beverly?:ROFLOL:

ok keep it up jenn, more, more.

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Hey! There you are! I'm such a worrier by nature. My logical mind knows people do have actual lives and -helloooo- a mom of 4 including a 16 year old is an exceptionally busy person. Then I think, "Gosh, I hope nothing bad happened...". Lol! What a dork! I know.

Okay I'm now even more worried that Via Napoli won't go over well with the family. Tracey & I are totally determined to try new stuff. I was jacking with ADRs the other night & managed to have Ohana pop up with a 5:30 availability for 6 with just weeks left to go. And I didn't do it because we want to try something new. Ugh! Somebody smack some sense into me!

Um, the after-Via pic of the kids in front of the restaurant...I'm looking on my iPhone and had to zoom in to make sure Bella wasn't giving us all the finger. Seriously. I was giggling like mad! Almost woke up Sleeping Beauty. Her sweet little smile and the finger. I was rollin! :ROFLOL:

Totally loved Lexy's response to the Beverly. That look when the kick hits 'em & they look in the cup like whatever is in there just bit 'em. Lol! Nothing better!

The kids look like they're having so much fun goofing around. You capture that well. :wave:

Laney's kimono rocks! Good choice!

Can't wait to see what's next! Thanks for not abandoning the report & leaving us hanging!

Oh! And you don't look like you are old enough to have a 16 year old. Seriously. Every year I tell myself "Well, I make 3_ look dang good!" I cling to that, actually. Lol! I feel ya, tho. My "baby" will be a teenager this Saturday. Where the heck did the time go?? Why so fast????

Okay, I totally had to go back and check that my child was not giving me the finger!!! :eek::lol: I don't know what hand gesture she is trying to make there, but she is certainly full of sass!

Thank you for trying to make me feel better about my age. I was freaking out because Lexy wanted to have a big party with 50 kids in the basement and dancing and such. I was so stressed out. Then, last night she casually tells me that now she wants to go shopping all day with a friend who just got her license and then have a sleep over with some close friends. I was so thankful that she changed her mind! :lol: And you definitely make 3 look good! :D

yay jenn your back! nothing like a good trip report while drinking the morning tea. :sohappy:

first all those silly thoughts of us going in june, are now totally out of the question. you talked me right out of it with your telling how hot it is. i know you went in august (?), but still. i remember how hot june was, and we had a miserable time.

loved the kimono. she looks so proud. i used to have one, and it eventually fell apart. next time i go i will have to buy a new one.

glad you finally got to club cool, but where are the pics of you trying beverly?:ROFLOL:

ok keep it up jenn, more, more.

I held the camera, so there are no pictures of me trying the beverly, although I did try a small taste and was very sorry that I did!!!

I wouldn't rule out June. I mean, yes, I did feel like I was sweating an awful lot, but it's not that bad. I mean, Lexy taught me this neat trick where you feel your belly to find out if you are burning fat, and we were seriously burning fat the entire time without even having to do much. :lol:

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
We are now on August 16, 2010.

Right away in the morning, little miss attitude decided to try on her sister's kimono.

IMG_0048.jpg

These are specially for Holly. I tried your picture in a mirror. It didn't work out so well. It was dark and my camera was reacting to the humidity outside, and I don't have live view, so i wasn't sure who I was getting in, but here's my best shots...

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Sammy was happy because we were going back to his favorite place to have breakfast this morning. He was seriously sad we weren't staying here. We decided to drive instead of relying on buses today.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

There was a line to check in, but the kids only had to sit for a little while and watch the movie before we were called and offered a table. Yay! I love the breakfast here!

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
It was busier at Cape May Cafe than we normally experience, so the characters didn't spend as much time as usual, but it was still very fun. And the food was delicious!

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

I do not like when you just get somewhere and you can't go up to the buffet because you have to wait for characters that will be there before you get back. I know there is nothing they can do about that, but I hate feeling stressed that I'll miss someone.

Anyway, Goofy came right away.

IMG_0063.jpg

Then, we got a little break to go get some yummy food.

IMG_0064.jpg

I love the asparagus! I always go back and get tons more!

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
After we could not stuff anymore into us, we wandered around the resort for a little while.

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

Even though it was hot, we wandered outside too.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

It was pretty bright out...

IMG_0090.jpg

After a bunch more pictures, we got back into our car and drove over to Magic Kingdom.

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Once at the MK, we rode the train- I don't even want to tell you how unbearably hot it was...I was so thankful everytime a slight breeze blew by me. We got off at Toontown so that we could have one last look at the mouse houses.

IMG_0094.jpg

Apparantly everyone got the memo and wanted one last look, because it was very busy.

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

The kids wanted to go check out Donald's Boat just to get wet.

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

It was so hot that we decided to run into the Judge's Tent. We thought an hour wait for the fairies sounded just perfect.

IMG_0108.jpg

See? Here's Sam not even caring that we have to sit in this ridiculously slow moving long line just to see a bunch of fairies.

IMG_0109.jpg

mouselvrmom

Original Poster
Lainey was pretty excited to meet Tink and friends. They were autographs that we didn't have.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

I really shouldn't complain about the wait here, because those fairies really spent a lot of time talking with the kids and making the experience special for each family.

Feeling very cooled off and ready to venture back outside, we hit up my favorite, Minnie's house.

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

I want you to notice the excitement in everyone's faces here. I think I may have been the only one thrilled to be visiting Minnie's house.

IMG_0120.jpg

Yeah, can we get any happier or more enthused?

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom