Trip Report Our "It's 'Disney' real" June 2016 trip

We're back!!:(:( We had a fantastic time with some not so fantastic moments thrown in, but what trip doesn't have those!

For those of you that haven't read my pre-trip report, here is a quick synopsis:
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, and our kids Logan (13), Lily (11), and Owen (8)
What: 10 day trip with free dining
When: June 2-11, 2016
Where: Caribbean Beach resort

Unfortunately, our flight was set to leave from Columbus at 5:30am. We live in Dayton, which is a little over an hour away from Columbus, so my goal was to leave our house by 3am on Thursday, June 2. We made it!!

Everyone was very excited!

We made it to the airport before the security check even opened!:eek: By the time we got our bags checked in to Southwest, we only had to wait a few minutes to get through security.
We were in early boarding group A, so we were on the plane in no time! Still excited!

We got to see the sun coming up once we were in the air.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We arrived at MCO a few minutes early and made our way to DME.
First ride of the trip! (sorry about part of the pic being blurry, not sure what happened there!)

Despite what this sign says, we stopped at AoA and Pop before arriving at CBR.

Even after waiting about 10 minutes to board, we were still on the bus at about 8am.

Soon we were seeing this:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We grabbed a quick breakfast:

Everyone really enjoyed it!

We then shopped and wandered for a bit in the hopes that our room would be ready for us to go get ready to swim.

No such luck, so we used the "changing" rooms, which were really only bathrooms, and got into the pool. We had fun with the waterproof camera for a little while.

Poor Owen couldn't get himself to stay underwater because of the life vest!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Around 11:30, Brian called the front desk to see if they knew when our room may be ready, as they made it sound like it would be shortly after we checked in. They put him through to housekeeping, who told him it wouldn't be ready until after 1:30. We had already been swimming for close to 2 hours, so we decided to change and head to Disney Springs.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Most of us were hungry, but still wanted to save room for dinner, so we stopped at D-Luxe Burger and got a burger and fries to share and ice water.

The burger was good, it would have been better if they had made it medium well like I ordered it instead of medium rare, but it was still good. I thought the best part was the garlic ranch dipping sauce for the fries. Yummy!!
We wandered the area for a few before heading over to the Marketplace.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Then we headed back to catch a bus to CBR. I'm not sure I like where the new bus stops are located. They are awfully far away from the Marketplace!

To be honest, I'm not too impressed with Disney Springs. It looks pretty, but it's just like every other outdoor mall we have around here! I miss the quaintness that Downtown Disney had. I felt like there were more unique stores in Downtown Disney. Even in the Marketplace now, it seems like I was looking at the same stuff over and over. I don't think we even bought anything that first day, which is quite impressive for us!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We didn't have much time once we returned to CBR. We grabbed our luggage and walked really quickly to Jamaica and basically threw our stuff in our room and left again to make our dinner ADR.

Only had time for one quick pic:

I used Touring Plans room request feature. I didn't request a specific room, but instead requested 1) a room in Jamaica near the footbridge, 2) a corner room, and 3) a ground floor room. I also stated that we would be there really early and a room ready in the morning would be fantastic, but I didn't want that to supersede my other requests. We got a corner room in Jamaica, but it was on the second floor and wasn't ready until about 2:15. Not too bad!!

Then we grabbed a bus to MK, then a boat to the Poly.

We were called in shortly before our ADR time of 5:00.

We were seated right by the window.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Food:

The noodles and veggies were not the same!:( Brian and I were disappointed. The pot stickers, however, were as delicious as ever!! I was so proud of the kids. They all tried everything, and ate enough of it that I didn't have to ask for a kids option!! They did choose the kids dessert though. Brian certainly didn't care, as that left more for him!!:D Logan did end up trying the bread pudding and loving it.

The we took the monorail back to MK to get a bus to CBR.

One quick pic of the murphy bed before we hit the hay!

The kids argued over who got to sleep in it each night. Luckily, we were there 9 nights, so it was 3 nights for each of them!
We were in bed before 9pm that night, which I thought was pretty late since we had been awake since 1:30am.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
My goodness, that was quite a busy day for having gotten up so early!!! I'm really impressed that you made it into the car 10 minutes early. There's just two of us, and we are doing well if we get in the car 15 minutes past our desired departure time. :oops:

To be honest, I'm not too impressed with Disney Springs. It looks pretty, but it's just like every other outdoor mall we have around here! I miss the quaintness that Downtown Disney had. I felt like there were more unique stores in Downtown Disney. Even in the Marketplace now, it seems like I was looking at the same stuff over and over. I don't think we even bought anything that first day, which is quite impressive for us!!

I'm glad you said that, because I was thinking it as I looked at your pictures. I mean, it's lovely and all, but really does look like several other malls. I just don't understand why they would bring in stores like Vince Camuto and Under Armour and Zara. Really, I don't--who goes to WDW to shop in stores they can find at home? (ok, maybe I'm spoiled because I live in NYC and those shops are easily accessible to me)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
My goodness, that was quite a busy day for having gotten up so early!!! I'm really impressed that you made it into the car 10 minutes early. There's just two of us, and we are doing well if we get in the car 15 minutes past our desired departure time. :oops:

I'm glad you said that, because I was thinking it as I looked at your pictures. I mean, it's lovely and all, but really does look like several other malls. I just don't understand why they would bring in stores like Vince Camuto and Under Armour and Zara. Really, I don't--who goes to WDW to shop in stores they can find at home? (ok, maybe I'm spoiled because I live in NYC and those shops are easily accessible to me)
I think we overdid it a little that first day!:oops: The kids were ready to lose it at the end of our time at Disney Springs. Luckily, they hung on and we made it through. I think dinner saved the day!!

I really wanted to love Disney Springs, and I just couldn't.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Following along. The resort looks beautiful. We are eating at ohana our first night as well, first time trying it out.
We loved CBR. It really is beautiful! Hope you like 'Ohana and have a great trip!!
Thank you for sharing all the great pics. My ds loved Stitch at WOD the best
Thanks for reading! I am now partial to the new entrance to WOD with Dumbo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom