Trip Report Our "It's 'Disney' real" June 2016 trip

We're back!!:(:( We had a fantastic time with some not so fantastic moments thrown in, but what trip doesn't have those!

For those of you that haven't read my pre-trip report, here is a quick synopsis:
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, and our kids Logan (13), Lily (11), and Owen (8)
What: 10 day trip with free dining
When: June 2-11, 2016
Where: Caribbean Beach resort

Unfortunately, our flight was set to leave from Columbus at 5:30am. We live in Dayton, which is a little over an hour away from Columbus, so my goal was to leave our house by 3am on Thursday, June 2. We made it!!

Everyone was very excited!

We made it to the airport before the security check even opened!:eek: By the time we got our bags checked in to Southwest, we only had to wait a few minutes to get through security.
We were in early boarding group A, so we were on the plane in no time! Still excited!

We got to see the sun coming up once we were in the air.

Doc Disney

What an awesome first day! I've always wanted to go to Ohana for dinner! The food looks great. I agree with you about Disney Springs. We like taking the boat there and wandering around/grabbing dunner or a drink but I miss the old days of it not being packed and not as many non-Disney stores. That whole town center part looks really cool though! That was not open when we were there in May!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
What an awesome first day! I've always wanted to go to Ohana for dinner! The food looks great. I agree with you about Disney Springs. We like taking the boat there and wandering around/grabbing dunner or a drink but I miss the old days of it not being packed and not as many non-Disney stores. That whole town center part looks really cool though! That was not open when we were there in May!
Thanks for reading! It was a great way to start the trip! You must try 'Ohana sometime!!

mousefreak

Great start to your report! I've been waiting to hear your adventures. We too stayed at CBR last September and enjoyed our stay. We live in Columbus and can't believe you drove from Dayton. I would have been a nervous wreck having to drive that far hoping nothing went wrong on the way to the airport. Can't wait to read more.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
YEA!!! I can't wait to read more!!
Looks like a great start. Looking forward to reading more.
Great start!! Can't wait to see what else is in store!!
Thanks for reading! 9 more days worth of adventure to go!! I'm working on our PhotoPass pics now, so hopefully I can move on soon.
Great start to your report! I've been waiting to hear your adventures. We too stayed at CBR last September and enjoyed our stay. We live in Columbus and can't believe you drove from Dayton. I would have been a nervous wreck having to drive that far hoping nothing went wrong on the way to the airport. Can't wait to read more.
I didn't really feel like we had any choice but to drive to Columbus, as there are no longer any nonstop flights from Dayton to MCO. We probably should have chosen a flight later in the day, but then we wouldn't have had time to do anything but get dinner and go to bed!!:D

DisneyMorgan

I'm so excited to see you've started your report!! :D

Wow, what a fun-filled first day! Your pics of CBR made me miss my room in Aruba so much (I think I would've liked CBR a lot better if that bridge hadn't been out when I was there :rolleyes:)

Disney Springs looks really beautiful, but I agree. I'm not totally sold on it. Looks like a high end beach-y type outdoor mall.

Ohana pictures made me so jealous! I don't know why but to me that broccoli was so delicious when I had it! Wasn't super crazy about the noodles either, they tasted too sweet to me. That's cool your kids tried everything! I'm sure that made you super happy!

Can't wait to read all about your first day in the parks!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I'm so excited to see you've started your report!! :D

Wow, what a fun-filled first day! Your pics of CBR made me miss my room in Aruba so much (I think I would've liked CBR a lot better if that bridge hadn't been out when I was there :rolleyes:)

Disney Springs looks really beautiful, but I agree. I'm not totally sold on it. Looks like a high end beach-y type outdoor mall.

Ohana pictures made me so jealous! I don't know why but to me that broccoli was so delicious when I had it! Wasn't super crazy about the noodles either, they tasted too sweet to me. That's cool your kids tried everything! I'm sure that made you super happy!

Can't wait to read all about your first day in the parks!
I can't imagine CBR with the bridge out! We went over at least once a day to refill our mugs, I can't even begin to imagine making my way around the water every time (and I know how long it is because I walked it in September when I was there and the bridge was out!!)

The noodles at 'Ohana really disappointed us. They were one of the best parts of the meal the last two times we ate there!

DisneyMorgan

I can't imagine CBR with the bridge out! We went over at least once a day to refill our mugs, I can't even begin to imagine making my way around the water every time (and I know how long it is because I walked it in September when I was there and the bridge was out!!)

The noodles at 'Ohana really disappointed us. They were one of the best parts of the meal the last two times we ate there!

We did it once, NEVER again! We took the internal bus shuttle they had for Aruba and Jamaica instead!

Hopefully the rest of your dining was good! You had some great places picked!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I'm enjoying your report so far! Your pictures are gorgeous. Can't wait to read how you survived Tropical Storm Colin! ;) :joyfull:
Thanks! The only day it really caused us any distress was on Monday at Epcot. Otherwise, it was just a minor nuisance!
Along for the ride! Your pics made me excited to try 'Ohana for the first time in December!
I hope you enjoy 'Ohana as much as we did! Everyone says it is a must do for the next trip, whenever that may be!!

LisaBelle

So happy that you started your report. I haven't been to Disney Springs yet, but when I read the list of stores that were coming in I was really disappointed to see so many familiar names. I much prefer to experience new and unique stores somewhere like Disney Springs rather than the same old same old. I live in Cincinnati and could visit many of the same stores within 30 minutes of home. Definitely not what I go to Disney for.
Looking forward to reading more!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
So happy that you started your report. I haven't been to Disney Springs yet, but when I read the list of stores that were coming in I was really disappointed to see so many familiar names. I much prefer to experience new and unique stores somewhere like Disney Springs rather than the same old same old. I live in Cincinnati and could visit many of the same stores within 30 minutes of home. Definitely not what I go to Disney for.
Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks for reading! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who seems to feel that way about Disney Springs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom