Trip Report Our Dumbo Flew, Mickey Sang, 1st birthday Trip Report

Hi everyone! We are back! And I need to start by saying that i'm sorry for the delay in starting this Trip Report. To say life has been crazy since we returned from Disney is an understatement! So a bit of a spoiler alert from Day 4 of our trip. While on vacation, Niles, my wonderful DH, got an amazing opportunity for a job back in Michigan! We are going home! Next week! We moved out of Michigan 8 years ago...and now we are headed home. What a magical thing to happen on an already magical trip! And we also had Colin's 1st birthday party extravaganza this past weekend. So it's been a whirlwind over here. But now...its time to begin!

The characters: My DH and my son who is turning 1 on this trip
Where: Wilderness Lodge
When: May 31 to June 5
What: Colin's 1st birthday

Day 1 - May 31st
We flew out of Washington DC at the crack of dawn...literally! I loved flying this early with Colin because he went right to sleep just before take off.

6lAnFTz9F0egINhY1rz_4w34UC82cZ9rjb7BQ-SBwqLf=w1042-h586-no

Just before landing...someone woke up!

lCO_OsJuRGyzuhAkh1DcikFUgK_l5H-lhKcgpvtBALio=w330-h586-no

Colin is great on flights and he loves looking around at everyone. Thankfully, he sleeps most of the time! (Stay tuned bc that changes on the way home!)

We navigated our way to DME. Love flying Jet Blue but totally on the other side of the airport from DME. Here we are! Ready for Colin's 1st DME ride! I'm not sure who is more excited!

qomZuy2-gUK5Xbj9wGpOxwWONEXp2EslKev-M9HSRs_9=w330-h586-no

I'm not sure who is more excited!

Qpc9nQImojDqJ66Oiv9_O1LgkdGHBeAmSKXUfUoTai69=w1042-h586-no

We are here!

EyRrIlPudPt4yIE1zli2d29AfyFJiLmcfWIDF6Id9nyA=w1042-h586-no

And now...we are home.

7fjXwJ4O_w_NG4Wjk-5hjtStIGuhBFuNYoIwawOhN_y4=w330-h586-no

We checked in online but I always make sure I talk to someone at check in. I know there is talk to go direct to room, which is a good idea, but that just doesn't work for me. I like the process of being welcomed home. I like getting excited and telling the cast member why we are there and what we are celebrating. And we met Nick and Sam at the Wilderness Lodge this way! Nick was great and Sam was the manager. He over heard our story and said he would like to do something special and gave up a $25 credit so we could buy Colin his ears. And its always good to be connected with the front desk because you never know when you are going to need them. Like 5 minutes after checking in. We headed to our room - 6th floor over looking the lobby and we get there...and nothing. Magic Bands don't work. Niles headed back to get it straightened out and about 20 mins later, he returned. Apparently - and I don't fully buy this explanation - our magic bands didn't work b/c they were tied to our room keys from when we stayed there...in 2007. huh? I don't even, I can't...I don't care...just get me in my room. While Colin and I waited...we snapped some pics!

WnZIq93sCFhx_7VmSH6MvCLPEwGNnJHCb9G2zVmIzJRV=w330-h586-no

4is_M8ICJPkV6qKgQto4pINvymWhFjrqTArzVJjTNmxX=w330-h586-no

GRoSfNYxvpXN2nvpcXzbOj-ZjescP8rcaqtFH5c-oJ8k=w1042-h586-no

h1kpQrfC8SHFsZ-qcV7Fb7hxnitdvUXJjhD1knzc3LzR=w330-h586-no

We got it working and decided we need some food!

We headed to Roaring Forks and had some lunch. I can't remember what Niles had but I had the buffalo chicken flat bread and it was amazing! And then...I got the s'mores cupcake! Delicious!

mZ9sW98s0e8wddv_4NT2IlD0_1VLyMMp_f3-GmWw9Yl7=w330-h586-no

a4WQ-CRHAHMy_dmM0i4z-kVaZAJAXsLzqjrg1fPGdvWC=w330-h586-no

Colin enjoyed his lunch! And can we talk about how cute magic bands are on a little kids! (this is the first and last day he wore this) :)

YG4knUbbXPsecYkMaTUjciPfioFdz5zQjOnjGOSbProJ=w330-h586-no

XdK95yKcTi3zLP_Sl-FRDjV3yK3SaCFxmqa8tMCh72H7=w1042-h586-no

Chicken nuggies and grapes for this little nugget! A TIP - for all those traveling with little ones or ordering the kids meal. If you grab them a meal, grab a juice as the drink and stash it in the fridge for breakfast. The juice is way too big for him but it was perfect for Niles and I to share over breakfast.

After lunch, we headed back to the room to get ready to the hit the pool. Here's are room!

d2pYXbxmbq65KIQQe13-Xc84mdKEkp4uqfa79yRpFfB3=w330-h586-no

Amomri8toJwAFqEJ6WWD8YgEPr-IhPQgkS3bjYNEL95M=w1042-h586-no

HTAShk9_eD5i9FJBQAZqoy9dwUZaVJcGbiZhvbxEHUKZ=w330-h586-no

That's our little stroller inspector in the background!

U583er0bxcfueLCLzkFMwLmfSrPLY9ZtKgEaqLcI55an=w1042-h586-no

KpU7mlAnCZqfdC70RGovKe2xtTvj5E1duT-daQv2U2TT=w1042-h586-no

9Az_ZYfwC6cJTUtK4mXAXCedHuIBVJbJmLm7951XhVva=w330-h586-no

SleepyPuppy

Even at my age I am still amazed at how strangers can share so many common occurrences. I am a very new member and just read your TR. From the little tidbits you have shared I can relate to some things you have mentioned.

My wife and I were at WDW on our honeymoon

We were married 10 years before our son was born.

When our son was born he was in ICU for 10 days. We met a couple in ICU whose son was very premature. His name is Adam and he was born 2 ½ weeks before our son and remained in ICU after our son was released. Unlike Henry, Adam was an example of the miracle of life. We kept in touch even after his father got a job in DC. Adam played cello and saxophone, became an expert at chess and is leading a healthy life.

The pictures of your son are wonderful. He seems so alert and attentive for his age. It is also obvious he is loved. If only more children could receive that kind of love there would be no doubt about a bright future for humanity.

We did not take our son to WDW until he was 3; He is now thirty-four. I have recently been salvaging old family videos from VHS and transferring them to DVD. Our son, his wife and 5 year old daughter are enjoying my efforts. The reason I mention this is because the photos you enjoy now will be enjoyed possibly more in the future so take good care of them.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Even at my age I am still amazed at how strangers can share so many common occurrences. I am a very new member and just read your TR. From the little tidbits you have shared I can relate to some things you have mentioned.

My wife and I were at WDW on our honeymoon

We were married 10 years before our son was born.

When our son was born he was in ICU for 10 days. We met a couple in ICU whose son was very premature. His name is Adam and he was born 2 ½ weeks before our son and remained in ICU after our son was released. Unlike Henry, Adam was an example of the miracle of life. We kept in touch even after his father got a job in DC. Adam played cello and saxophone, became an expert at chess and is leading a healthy life.

The pictures of your son are wonderful. He seems so alert and attentive for his age. It is also obvious he is loved. If only more children could receive that kind of love there would be no doubt about a bright future for humanity.

We did not take our son to WDW until he was 3; He is now thirty-four. I have recently been salvaging old family videos from VHS and transferring them to DVD. Our son, his wife and 5 year old daughter are enjoying my efforts. The reason I mention this is because the photos you enjoy now will be enjoyed possibly more in the future so take good care of them.

Thank you so much! He is the greatest joy! After all that we went through to have him, I cherish the moments and don't take one for granted. I journal a note each day to remember everything - even the little things. As everyone says, it goes so fast. Before I know it, I will be taking my grand kids to Disney. Thanks again!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Our last sleep....Disney Dreaming...

9LnHbvMSQWieiliPJvY5PqfRcqo-fWN0BEMZC_K8eHQi=w657-h369-no

Our last day...
What a wonderful trip so far and its never easy to start the last day of the trip. And this day can be summed up as "the best laid plans". First we were going to hang out at the pool. Then we decided to hit the parks b/c we didn't want to pack wet suits. We got everything check in with Bell Services and DME and then took the ferry to MK and hopped on the monorail to head to Epcot. We wanted to hit a few things, like Soarin'. We thought if we got there 1st thing, we would have a short wait.

Z6x0ET4bYeT0g3w09I42eQUZ4Zbyu6o5N9mcYxwmEJ16=w330-h586-no

So we get to Epcot...and headed to the Land. We arrived just after opening and already, over a 45 min. Colin had fallen asleep and it was such a hot day and they let us bring the stroller into the Land while we did a check for times. They do not do parent swap they told me so between the wait and no swap, it was time ride the Land once Colin woke up. We hit Nemo, Niles rode Figment, and then headed back to the MK. So every trip since they started doing it...I have tried to remember to get all 4 Tinkerbell pics in the same trip. I knew I had forgotten Epcot previously so I grabbed the pic (this is not a good pic!)

is3AaXtMtok8i1oiuEydgjGoUia8MCGXQVia_E-H_Tro=w821-h586-no

And ... every year ... I fail. I thought I did it this year but looking back at my DHS day, I forgot DHS. So...yeah, another bust.

And I have no idea why I am standing so straight.

se4DzVbnf2CDDHwEuIXLEIvQCuFzXwmEPCykCiB_fxHu=w419-h586-no

So we left and headed to MK. We had some fast passes. Epcot ... Bust.

Magic Kingdom time!

34bLoi56cfSM12ln9JMM7qrHXuNJoG526iVu4Tek8F67=w469-h586-no

ZBGfaQnh9K2ZFqeP8aKsHZV70s0UWT_r7ucq3QCh3mgk=w821-h586-no

yep...over it...

KS4i9juDSkPrUgmI2qNW0F81z_Y0KEDqLRO1uaXDZfgA=w391-h586-no

We had a FP for peter and Anna/Elsa and I honestly haven't the foggiest idea of what else. I can not remember at all! :)

So we headed to see Anna and Elsa. This was technically his first princess meeting!

13PUU9HO7IH7695p9a8n78GMkPDg02gBaqCWD5KbTflF=w821-h586-no

hhiIroiHURszFbBQuVbmoDWfnIkMu25ZURw9v_jAi9yJ=w391-h586-no

SBBLOCw9u73edOX_QHD50FfDklxXtphwJebq6oJBW0ED=w419-h586-no

Who you calling Troll Feet!

XuoXQZA-yn1Jv8PTsR1tXY7LDf9vHInGcDfclygxEdLJ=w879-h586-no

He can't take his eyes off of her!

0Pfz_7ZqS6QAxxvV2CRgYHKMS1_2LgEN48iYm3mbF0Hh=w879-h586-no

WjPTTUlBICyvH-83fwwK_bjn05T9yM7UElC9w7uZD3MX=w879-h586-no

We headed next to our fast pass for Peter Pan.

Proof he is awake this time!

IuyxYSLztPvl3wBstLMb4LfxEiT_1dmsIziy35qU6Vj7=w1042-h586-no

I love this ride!

VhP6BI67CUQhg_X_8PHd5F2tyQt2o3ta_IRmmPZTPyMa=w330-h586-no

We then headed to Tomorrow Land. Niles used up the parent swap tickets for Space Mountain and I headed to get Colin's silhouette done. And look who I saw! Of course by now...Colin fell asleep!

j4qTTN6bwGhfcoqi2EAjxueGcig5kof9kkE9Fe2yPMrL=w330-h586-no

eM-OjWuVm9pLV7IyKqQHL8lTETuB82qiIPaJvusHSXws=w1042-h586-no

nTBOH0tiCfxL4Yd0zLovic51zdlJI8HT-KupHqcAkXqV=w330-h586-no

Here's Niles!

QvEE_xXa0aUdy6_blvHi0PtozZV08u-rtQ8vcFE7YckC=w879-h586-no

disneygirl76

Original Poster
From Main Street, we headed to get a Dole Whip and hit the Jungle Cruise. Maybe that was the fast pass??

Perfection!

9pEu8rSJ1aUugcbEmp5f8ej4m-3kUTG6plSb6T0VJqt3=w330-h586-no

Someone was a bit hot and just not into it!

MF3cmTq54n3dlHji1Qky0rQfpzJlFpZkQ2UAHlTtM-Uj=w330-h586-no

TJNSzY2_ZS3aIDsp4n9PCRDPta9KnilklaLpZrxlMxgW=w330-h586-no

Someone liked the Jungle Cruise though!

hoFE8smWkL0Icl-HomeHoaotTo3NLfl3W2VTv3IWpA6U=w1042-h586-no

c_l4OKTXqbo86-j3PMELVYWhPq_98oFVohZ6UgxNCSSi=w1042-h586-no

RWL8NGz6_CxOlMYR-pQEtXP5NMRgHA35gE5sz740ERpH=w330-h586-no

He likes the jokes!

C-f9N6lQNXdynnz-ECCpdBXNRSFKwImNI2HYTXi5S-Ma=w440-h586-no

We then rode pirates one more time, headed to Haunted and it was just too hot to wait in line (the fans were off in the que). But we got a fun pic!

B9NW5EDaCGU8n086krUiXHqrZyUVa_VldGshxw7o0R4e=w419-h586-no

aiH2onqjzaY0mY7OlOtqKX4zozlwFeizPyiTzE4MwwA6=w419-h586-no

Ghosts!

Y69FEpK3AQZqz3wGLcArO8Z9u2x-D-tK_yQKlyA_Y-eL=w879-h586-no

We headed back to Little Mermaid ...or was that the fast pass??? Oh good grief...I don't remember!

YtBgNzmOlXFuF6y_ViXVzNkLhZVHlQfRKrFRgVFk68uc=w821-h586-no

And that was it! Time to head home!

Waving goodbye to Magic Kingdom!

amgiLH4ZGjWNXLq1gWuNz_JzYrxYGl4g59Krq_KJ-JjL=w391-h586-no

Mama and her baby

usyjXSYkPghWzLF66icM65NDd9aRhDlNrCvqgtAPYBro=w419-h586-no

Thanks for a magical trip mom and dad!

sHi5NzkbwDnXlAonfFA0n5dtQOfrzSWefou2X9y30LX8=w440-h586-no

We headed back to the resort via the ferry! Someone likes his boats!

-4kPq7YgemT6wgyv0sqgAXPOYViwzY8sI47JW3GIAulf=w332-h586-no

A new addition to the totem pole?

257lGDE98FElmbb_-WpflX_574YZouTGW8BJNprpwtno=w330-h586-no

Time for DME!

XlImsxpPChKxXKKrx_98TsXQqzYadsUPSxG-_ASkry_P=w1042-h586-no

Goodbye Disney World! See ya real soon!

Thank you all for coming along on our Dumbo Flying, 1st Birthday fun! It was the most magical trip!

Laurenciaa

I'm am profoundly sorry that I practically liked all your posts on this TR but MY GOSH! I've been sitting here reading this report and you guys look fantastic on every(!!!) picture. Colin is well.. adorable is NOT covering his super cuteness ! And congrats to your DH for the new job, that picture was EPIC ! Thank you for sharing these moments!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I'm am profoundly sorry that I practically liked all your posts on this TR but MY GOSH! I've been sitting here reading this report and you guys look fantastic on every(!!!) picture. Colin is well.. adorable is NOT covering his super cuteness ! And congrats to your DH for the new job, that picture was EPIC ! Thank you for sharing these moments!

Oh, thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed it and thank you for coming along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom