Trip Report Our Dumbo Flew, Mickey Sang, 1st birthday Trip Report

Hi everyone! We are back! And I need to start by saying that i'm sorry for the delay in starting this Trip Report. To say life has been crazy since we returned from Disney is an understatement! So a bit of a spoiler alert from Day 4 of our trip. While on vacation, Niles, my wonderful DH, got an amazing opportunity for a job back in Michigan! We are going home! Next week! We moved out of Michigan 8 years ago...and now we are headed home. What a magical thing to happen on an already magical trip! And we also had Colin's 1st birthday party extravaganza this past weekend. So it's been a whirlwind over here. But now...its time to begin!

The characters: My DH and my son who is turning 1 on this trip
Where: Wilderness Lodge
When: May 31 to June 5
What: Colin's 1st birthday

Day 1 - May 31st
We flew out of Washington DC at the crack of dawn...literally! I loved flying this early with Colin because he went right to sleep just before take off.

6lAnFTz9F0egINhY1rz_4w34UC82cZ9rjb7BQ-SBwqLf=w1042-h586-no

Just before landing...someone woke up!

lCO_OsJuRGyzuhAkh1DcikFUgK_l5H-lhKcgpvtBALio=w330-h586-no

Colin is great on flights and he loves looking around at everyone. Thankfully, he sleeps most of the time! (Stay tuned bc that changes on the way home!)

We navigated our way to DME. Love flying Jet Blue but totally on the other side of the airport from DME. Here we are! Ready for Colin's 1st DME ride! I'm not sure who is more excited!

qomZuy2-gUK5Xbj9wGpOxwWONEXp2EslKev-M9HSRs_9=w330-h586-no

I'm not sure who is more excited!

Qpc9nQImojDqJ66Oiv9_O1LgkdGHBeAmSKXUfUoTai69=w1042-h586-no

We are here!

EyRrIlPudPt4yIE1zli2d29AfyFJiLmcfWIDF6Id9nyA=w1042-h586-no

And now...we are home.

7fjXwJ4O_w_NG4Wjk-5hjtStIGuhBFuNYoIwawOhN_y4=w330-h586-no

We checked in online but I always make sure I talk to someone at check in. I know there is talk to go direct to room, which is a good idea, but that just doesn't work for me. I like the process of being welcomed home. I like getting excited and telling the cast member why we are there and what we are celebrating. And we met Nick and Sam at the Wilderness Lodge this way! Nick was great and Sam was the manager. He over heard our story and said he would like to do something special and gave up a $25 credit so we could buy Colin his ears. And its always good to be connected with the front desk because you never know when you are going to need them. Like 5 minutes after checking in. We headed to our room - 6th floor over looking the lobby and we get there...and nothing. Magic Bands don't work. Niles headed back to get it straightened out and about 20 mins later, he returned. Apparently - and I don't fully buy this explanation - our magic bands didn't work b/c they were tied to our room keys from when we stayed there...in 2007. huh? I don't even, I can't...I don't care...just get me in my room. While Colin and I waited...we snapped some pics!

WnZIq93sCFhx_7VmSH6MvCLPEwGNnJHCb9G2zVmIzJRV=w330-h586-no

4is_M8ICJPkV6qKgQto4pINvymWhFjrqTArzVJjTNmxX=w330-h586-no

GRoSfNYxvpXN2nvpcXzbOj-ZjescP8rcaqtFH5c-oJ8k=w1042-h586-no

h1kpQrfC8SHFsZ-qcV7Fb7hxnitdvUXJjhD1knzc3LzR=w330-h586-no

We got it working and decided we need some food!

We headed to Roaring Forks and had some lunch. I can't remember what Niles had but I had the buffalo chicken flat bread and it was amazing! And then...I got the s'mores cupcake! Delicious!

mZ9sW98s0e8wddv_4NT2IlD0_1VLyMMp_f3-GmWw9Yl7=w330-h586-no

a4WQ-CRHAHMy_dmM0i4z-kVaZAJAXsLzqjrg1fPGdvWC=w330-h586-no

Colin enjoyed his lunch! And can we talk about how cute magic bands are on a little kids! (this is the first and last day he wore this) :)

YG4knUbbXPsecYkMaTUjciPfioFdz5zQjOnjGOSbProJ=w330-h586-no

XdK95yKcTi3zLP_Sl-FRDjV3yK3SaCFxmqa8tMCh72H7=w1042-h586-no

Chicken nuggies and grapes for this little nugget! A TIP - for all those traveling with little ones or ordering the kids meal. If you grab them a meal, grab a juice as the drink and stash it in the fridge for breakfast. The juice is way too big for him but it was perfect for Niles and I to share over breakfast.

After lunch, we headed back to the room to get ready to the hit the pool. Here's are room!

d2pYXbxmbq65KIQQe13-Xc84mdKEkp4uqfa79yRpFfB3=w330-h586-no

Amomri8toJwAFqEJ6WWD8YgEPr-IhPQgkS3bjYNEL95M=w1042-h586-no

HTAShk9_eD5i9FJBQAZqoy9dwUZaVJcGbiZhvbxEHUKZ=w330-h586-no

That's our little stroller inspector in the background!

U583er0bxcfueLCLzkFMwLmfSrPLY9ZtKgEaqLcI55an=w1042-h586-no

KpU7mlAnCZqfdC70RGovKe2xtTvj5E1duT-daQv2U2TT=w1042-h586-no

9Az_ZYfwC6cJTUtK4mXAXCedHuIBVJbJmLm7951XhVva=w330-h586-no

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Your TR was awesome! Colin is so stinkin' cute!:p I can't wait to take my little one to Disney. I always get emotional at MK, and I know when I take my daughter I'm going to be a WRECK!

Thank you so much! Oh yes, have the tissues ready! I thought I was going to hyperventilate! :) How old is your daughter? Are you going soon? Its going to be amazing!

Ms.Sunshine

Thank you so much! Oh yes, have the tissues ready! I thought I was going to hyperventilate! :) How old is your daughter? Are you going soon? Its going to be amazing!

My LO is 4. Hopefully we'll be going the second week of March (Fingers and toes crossed):D. And I'm not telling her where we're going until we drive past the gates, otherwise she will drive me nuts the whole way!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I am finally catching up on the the trip reports I bookmarked. What a great trip for your young family. Love all the planning you did for the Big Day. But what the heck, no baby swap for Soarin? Never heard about attractions not being eligible. Jeepers. Can't believe how much a little haircut changed the overall look of the little guy. Dang cute.

These two photo's could be marketing photo's for Disney, the sleeping one being my favorite. Cell's do capture some amazing moments too. I love them both.
9LnHbvMSQWieiliPJvY5PqfRcqo-fWN0BEMZC_K8eHQi=w657-h369-no

2c_0d0pEOG6oUaEUjclEGjKwZBJY7iy2jbQJqT3Sk5xG=w821-h586-no

But Birthday Boy or not, this is still my favorite photo of your report, no disrespect little cutie. The child like excitement and happiness, how high he is bouncing in the air like Tigger. Priceless, so glad you captured it.
Pf8uYCmNjpQpcexhxiJiT6JC9rZ5GBTDNrbM7j7QF-Jx=w879-h586-no

Our kids started at Disney at DS 14 months and DD 2 months. It wasn't only the magical place, it was the time and attention to family. Dad bonding with the kids, playing in the pool. When we'd finish our 2 weeks in the world we came home closer than ever. Got to love the place. Enjoy him. What a cutie. A bit late but I really enjoyed this trip report even more than the excellent reveal TR.

Last edited:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I am finally catching up on the the trip reports I bookmarked. What a great trip for your young family. Love all the planning you did for the Big Day. But what the heck, no baby swap for Soarin? Never heard about attractions not being eligible. Jeepers. Can't believe how much a little haircut changed the overall look of the little guy. Dang cute.

These two photo's could be marketing photo's for Disney, the sleeping one being my favorite. Cell's do capture some amazing moments too. I love them both.
9LnHbvMSQWieiliPJvY5PqfRcqo-fWN0BEMZC_K8eHQi=w657-h369-no

2c_0d0pEOG6oUaEUjclEGjKwZBJY7iy2jbQJqT3Sk5xG=w821-h586-no

But Birthday Boy or not, this is still my favorite photo of your report, no disrespect little cutie. The child like excitement and happiness, how high he is bouncing in the air like Tigger. Priceless, so glad you captured it.
Pf8uYCmNjpQpcexhxiJiT6JC9rZ5GBTDNrbM7j7QF-Jx=w879-h586-no

Our kids started at Disney at DS 14 months and DD 2 months. It wasn't only the magical place, it was the time and attention to family. Dad bonding with the kids, playing in the pool. When we'd finish our 2 weeks in the world we came home closer than ever. Got to love the place. Enjoy him. What a cutie. A bit late but I really enjoyed this trip report even more than the excellent reveal TR.

Thank you so much! As you said, it so much more then rides and Mickey. The magic of us all being together, just our family, Dad seeing all the things Colin does during the day that he misses while at work...its priceless and so magical! Thank you for reading!!

mishel635

Wow. If I was this overwhelmed with emotion reading your trip report, having never met you and only knowing you from this forum, I can't imagine how you kept it together while you were experiencing it!!!!
What an amazing trip!!!! I'm so happy you guys were finally able to ride Dumbo with your beautiful baby boy! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Wow. If I was this overwhelmed with emotion reading your trip report, having never met you and only knowing you from this forum, I can't imagine how you kept it together while you were experiencing it!!!!
What an amazing trip!!!! I'm so happy you guys were finally able to ride Dumbo with your beautiful baby boy! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
Thank you so much! It was a magical and emotional vacation with so many firsts and even more amazing memories. Thank you for reading and sharing in our trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom