Other IPs with Potter-esque Food and Beverage Potential

EpcoTim

We have these Star Wars lightsaber popsicles in the UK. Simple and fun item to add to DHS.
IMG_0794.JPG

What's going on with the Michael Jackson style pelvic thrust Vadar is doing?

Magenta Panther

I suggested on another thread that Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean would make a good food and beverage IP - especially if TDO would stop dicking around with the Tortuga Tavern that's barely ever open and build a really cool Pirates-themed eatery. (It would be especially cool if said eatery looked like the Black Pearl). Two of the drinks I'd suggest for such an eatery - geared to families, natch - would be Blackbeer (root beer) and Lemon Ale. ARRRRRR!

Beholder

I suggested on another thread that Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean would make a good food and beverage IP - especially if TDO would stop dicking around with the Tortuga Tavern that's barely ever open and build a really cool Pirates-themed eatery. (It would be especially cool if said eatery looked like the Black Pearl). Two of the drinks I'd suggest for such an eatery - geared to families, natch - would be Blackbeer (root beer) and Lemon Ale. ARRRRRR!

This is such an obvious thing to implement. It would be so great to have a heavily themed area based around the Pirates attraction and the movies. Go ahead a build a port with ships! There's your answer to Diagon Alley. And it's a Disney I.P. :D

Magenta Panther

This is such an obvious thing to implement. It would be so great to have a heavily themed area based around the Pirates attraction and the movies. Go ahead a build a port with ships! There's your answer to Diagon Alley. And it's a Disney I.P. :D

Now that is brilliant. If Disney did that AND built a Frozen Land, it'd have a one-two punch against Potterland, with IPs that cover both demographics (boys and girls of all ages, not that either IP appeals to JUST those demos). They couldn't miss.

doctornick

Star Trek and Romulan Ale? Star Trek actually lends itself to quite a few merchandising opportunities, but I suppose it's popularity with today's youth would be called into question. It was certainly a much bigger cultural mainstay than it is now. I would love to pilot a Klingon Bird of Prey!

The old Star Trek Experience in Vegas had a recreation of the bar from Deep Space 9 with Star Trek themed food (some were puns, but others like Romulan Ale were recreations of in show stuff). I actually think that if that area (and rides) were in a theme park, they would have done very well and still been around today.

Mr Toad

The old Star Trek Experience in Vegas had a recreation of the bar from Deep Space 9 with Star Trek themed food (some were puns, but others like Romulan Ale were recreations of in show stuff). I actually think that if that area (and rides) were in a theme park, they would have done very well and still been around today.
The Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton was awesome. I still have memories of the Borg chasing use from the Bridge to the Shuttle Bay. I spent waaay too much money there lol!

Phonedave

OK, real movie. How about Forest Gump? You already have the tie in to Bubba Gump food. Throw in a Jenny "White Powder" Pixie Stick, a Lt. Dan Turkey Leg and at least 17 Dr. Pepper's and I think you have something the public would go after. . .

I got ice cream Lt. Dan.

-dave

Phonedave

A HItchikers Guide to The Galaxy bar.

Who would not want a Pan-Galatic Gargle Blaster. And apperntly every cuture has some sort of drink called a "Gin and Tonic".

Of course the bar would be in Milliways - The Restaruant at the End of the Universe. (get a CM to play Elvis)

They could play Vogon poetry in the background.

-dave

lebeau

I want to eat at Jack Rabbit Slim's. Twist contest and $5 shake included. You can convert the Sci Fi Dine-In if you want.

lebeau

A HItchikers Guide to The Galaxy bar.

Who would not want a Pan-Galatic Gargle Blaster. And apperntly every cuture has some sort of drink called a "Gin and Tonic".

Of course the bar would be in Milliways - The Restaruant at the End of the Universe. (get a CM to play Elvis)

They could play Vogon poetry in the background.

-dave

You had me until the Vogon poetry. Can't stand the stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom