Osbourne or MVMCP?

maelstrom98

So here's the thing...

We leave in 8 days (Woot! :D), but we were unsure about doing MVMCP on November 7th because of the extra expense. Now those tickets have sold out (womp womp). I have seen that there are still some on undercovertourist, and some overpriced ones on StubHub. I have never been to MVMCP nor have I ever seen the Osbourne lights.

My husband and I typically like to end our trips to WDW at MK, because it's MK and our favorite. He is leaning towards the Osbourne lights since there is no additional expense, but is still interested in MVMCP. I am leaning towards MVMCP. Should we go for the party or just spend the last night at HS? Thoughts?

Edited to add this: We are traveling as a group of 8 adults, and none of us have children.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Too hard of a decision! I would say both. Me and DH absolutely love both of them!! We actually are going to the party in 11/7 and going see the lights on 11/8. We arrive on 10/28 and leave 11/9. We are also doing MNSSHP on 10/31.
A little note the lights this could be the last year for a little while due to construction at the studios, or could be gone forever (I highly doubt that but you never know).
***** You could do both b/c the lights usually turn on around 5:30 or so (will be dark then due to time change weekend prior) and the party does not start until 7. Just an idea!! :)

Upvote 0

4disneylovers

I have done both. I guess it depends on how much you like Christmas lights. I think they are pretty but after seeing them dance once I'm good. Yes you have to pay for the party, but it is a night of fun. There was a lot to do when I was there. We didn't do everything because it wasn't possible. There were the normal rides, special shows, special parades, meet and greets etc.

To be honest you could probably watch the lights on YouTube. If you can't catch both, go to the party. However,if you go to the lights look for the black cat. The story I was told was when the decorations were being packed up to come to Disney a Halloween black cat (it's actually purple) accidentally got in the boxes by mistake. Every year it is hidden somewhere different.

If you choose the VMCP don't wait to buy tickets.

Upvote 0

4disneylovers

Photo0941FourBySix.jpg
Here is what it looks like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

maelstrom98

Original Poster
It's ok! Yea, I'm curious to see what we all end up doing. I think if it weren't for spending the extra money we would just try to squeeze both in, but I'm not sure if everyone thinks the cost of MVMCP is worth it.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

It's ok! Yea, I'm curious to see what we all end up doing. I think if it weren't for spending the extra money we would just try to squeeze both in, but I'm not sure if everyone thinks the cost of MVMCP is worth it.
The Fireworks and Parade are worth the cost alone and the main reason why me and DH go every trip we can! Some disagree but that is why we spend the money on the parties. We don't ride rides either we usually just enjoy the parties festivities as most do as you can tell by how short the ride lines are during the parties. :)

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

Being someone who hasn't attended MVMCP, my only comment is that the party offers way more than the lights ultimately do. The lights are beautiful... absolutely incredible really, but they are really just lights. There are some really cool little things they do like animated lights etc. but ultimately, it's looking at decorations. The party is really a big event with so much to see and do. So really I think it comes down to what type of experience you'd prefer. I know me personally, it'd probably come down to a) how much you want to spend vs. save and 2) what level of energy you tend to have in the evenings while on vacation. :)

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

We have really enjoyed doing the party, but if it's a choice between the lights and party, I would pick the lights.
Reasons are that it may be the last time they will be this expansive. There is snow there just like on Main Street during the party. The meet & greet lines at the party can be ridiculous. The hot chocolate and cookies are good, but you can buy them at any time. The parade will be on tv where you will get a great view.
Seeing the lights on a video doesn't even come close to seeing them in person. The feel when they start the light show is amazing. I've never seen a video where you could see the true colors of the lights. The music puts you so in the Christmas spirit. We never get tired of sitting and watching the lights.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

We have really enjoyed doing the party, but if it's a choice between the lights and party, I would pick the lights.
Reasons are that it may be the last time they will be this expansive. There is snow there just like on Main Street during the party. The meet & greet lines at the party can be ridiculous. The hot chocolate and cookies are good, but you can buy them at any time. The parade will be on tv where you will get a great view.
Seeing the lights on a video doesn't even come close to seeing them in person. The feel when they start the light show is amazing. I've never seen a video where you could see the true colors of the lights. The music puts you so in the Christmas spirit. We never get tired of sitting and watching the lights.
First off Love love love Osborne Lights as to why I suggested doing both.
Just a note the parade is not exactly the same on TV and it's during the day. I have been there for the filming several times. In our opinion it's better at night and just being there is awesome. Just a tidbit. And the fireworks you cannot see on TV and those are absolutely gorgeous!! :)

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 8

I'll be at the party on 11/7 and cannot wait! I did the MNSSHP 2 years ago and LOVED it so I can't wait to do the MVMCP. Thankfully I arrive on 11/7 and don't leave until 11/10 so I plan on going to HS to see the lights on 11/9. However, if I had to only pick one, I would agree with the others and see the lights for the simple fact that this may be their last year and I've heard its amazing and not to be missed. The party will be around forever since Disney makes a pretty penny with the parties, so I don't see those going anywhere, the price will likely increase tho so keep that in mind as well. Or like someone else suggested, you could try to do both in the same night, depends on if you want to rush around, but you should be able to make it to MK by time the party starts at 7.

Upvote 0

onesandzeros

So here's the thing...

We leave in 8 days (Woot! :D), but we were unsure about doing MVMCP on November 7th because of the extra expense. Now those tickets have sold out (womp womp). I have seen that there are still some on undercovertourist, and some overpriced ones on StubHub. I have never been to MVMCP nor have I ever seen the Osbourne lights.

My husband and I typically like to end our trips to WDW at MK, because it's MK and our favorite. He is leaning towards the Osbourne lights since there is no additional expense, but is still interested in MVMCP. I am leaning towards MVMCP. Should we go for the party or just spend the last night at HS? Thoughts?

Edited to add this: We are traveling as a group of 8 adults, and none of us have children.

One of the fun things to do at the Osborne lights is to find the family “cat”. It was
an Osborne tradition to hide the cat (in lights) somewhere in the display each year. Disney has
carried on the tradition over the years. It can be a challenge to find, but a fun activity in addition
to the light show.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom