Osbourne or MVMCP?

maelstrom98

So here's the thing...

We leave in 8 days (Woot! :D), but we were unsure about doing MVMCP on November 7th because of the extra expense. Now those tickets have sold out (womp womp). I have seen that there are still some on undercovertourist, and some overpriced ones on StubHub. I have never been to MVMCP nor have I ever seen the Osbourne lights.

My husband and I typically like to end our trips to WDW at MK, because it's MK and our favorite. He is leaning towards the Osbourne lights since there is no additional expense, but is still interested in MVMCP. I am leaning towards MVMCP. Should we go for the party or just spend the last night at HS? Thoughts?

Edited to add this: We are traveling as a group of 8 adults, and none of us have children.

JIMINYCR

If the deciding factor comes down to expense, especially if there are no children going with you, the MVMCP can be missed and you can save your money for other things. The Osbourne lights and music are fabulous and worth the time and effort to visit. MVMCP is more of a kid friendly event and not so bad if you were to pass it by.

Upvote 0

durangojim

The MVMCP is ok. No where near as good as the Halloween party. We've done both and have only done the Xmas one once, and MNSSHP close to 10 times. Osbourne lights are cool, but a different experience than a party. However you could make an evening at DHS with a nice dinner and some drinks and basically turn the night into a party. DHS is open to 8 that night (we'll be there too same evening). Why not start there, then make your way to EPCOT by walking and grab a drink at the Boardwalk and finish up with the Food and Wine fest at EPCOT walking around WS. I think that's a better time the MVMCP and might be cheaper too!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We've done MVMCP once and Osborne Lights...2 or 3x I think. In fact, we will be there on Nov 7th and Osborne Lights was the hands down winner for what we're going to do. Here are my thoughts...

I totally agree with @durangojim that MNSSHP is far superior to MVMCP. Mind you, I'm glad I went and formed my own opinion, but I felt like we wasted our $. The lines for the M&Gs were just too long to be bothered, the parade was cute but not worth the price of admission, and while the cookies and cocoa are great and the CMs are super festive...it's still not worth the price of admission IMO since there's not much beyond that and riding the rides that are there during normal hours.

I love @JillC LI 's idea. In fact, if we didn't have a dinner ADR at Yachtsman that night and plans to go watch Illuminations after, we'd be catching Holiday Wishes from over in the MK area. Truth be told, these party fireworks shows have perimeter effects and while they're cool in the park, you don't get the broad sweeping effect/scale of it all unless you're viewing from outside the park.

So, I say go see Osborne Lights when they go off after dusk and then catch a bus over to the MK area and watch Holiday Wishes at 9:30 from one of the monorail resorts. Not sure what things are like at the Poly beach right now, but you can always watch from the GF dock or the Contemporary's deck (4th floor ?). As people have noted, Osborne Lights may not be around much longer in this form...and I personally think it's more festive. I guess that comes down to what gets you in the spirit, but I could spend hours in the lights just singing along and dancing- yes, dancing! :) And you can go in search of the purple cat!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom