Orlando International Airport embarks on major expansion with Terminal and Airfield enhancements

denn009

Any info about reducing the physical walking distance to get from terminal C to the APM to terminal A & B? We painfully navigated this in May and had to go outdoors in the heat. IMO, poorly designed.

Dr.GrantSeeker

They also really need to address the parking issues. All 3 garages (A/B/C) and usually one or two of the economy lots are full. For example as of this post all 3 garages are full. MCO has already outgrown the parking added with garage C and more parking needs to be added.

zappomatic

It's hard to believe terminal C is a modern, purpose built facility. It's just so badly designed and full of obvious cost cutting. The walk from arriving international flights down featureless corridors without moving walkways is ridiculous as is the distance between the terminal and the transit to A and B, and the only lounge is way too small to cope with demand. Meanwhile landslide is full of bizarre empty expanses and security search feels outdated and inefficient by international standards (but then I guess that's the fault of TSA rather than the airport). Instead of having people barking orders, why not have some clear signage or animations on TVs showing exactly what documents are required and what needs to be removed from luggage?

OvertheHorizon

Amen to the comments about parking. On my last trip to pickup a friend arriving at Terminal A I was forced to park in Terminal C. I can't walk without the assistance of a walker and the distance to the shuttle train was ridiculous. My friend had to find me.

JaxFLBear

Any info about reducing the physical walking distance to get from terminal C to the APM to terminal A & B? We painfully navigated this in May and had to go outdoors in the heat. IMO, poorly designed.
Work on a connecting bridge has begun and is targeted to be completed in late 2024. The bridge was part of the original plan, but cut for budget reasons.

JaxFLBear

They also really need to address the parking issues. All 3 garages (A/B/C) and usually one or two of the economy lots are full. For example as of this post all 3 garages are full. MCO has already outgrown the parking added with garage C and more parking needs to be added.
Three new surface lots that will add around 700 spaces are already under construction.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Three new surface lots that will add around 700 spaces are already under construction.
I don’t personally like surface lots because of the need to shuttle to and from the terminals, but hopefully it helps ease parking congestion. Especially with Bright line now open

Travelman5

It’s interesting that the brand new terminal is getting the attention. While it truly is a design fiasco, really poorly laid out, I’m more concerned with the old, dated 30-40 year old terminals A&B! They really need help! So many people flying through, but it’s embarrassing to see how we welcome our guests. I really believe we’d gain new, and see the return of the incredible list of international services we’ve lost since Covid. Europe and South America are especially lacking.

SoFloMagic

It's hard to believe terminal C is a modern, purpose built facility. It's just so badly designed and full of obvious cost cutting. The walk from arriving international flights down featureless corridors without moving walkways is ridiculous as is the distance between the terminal and the transit to A and B, and the only lounge is way too small to cope with demand. Meanwhile landslide is full of bizarre empty expanses and security search feels outdated and inefficient by international standards (but then I guess that's the fault of TSA rather than the airport). Instead of having people barking orders, why not have some clear signage or animations on TVs showing exactly what documents are required and what needs to be removed from luggage?
It was finished and opened during covid. It was cost-cut like crazy due to the airport commission not knowing when demand would rebound

ryguy

The parking situation is a complete cluster, and truthfully makes MCO an airport I don't want to ever fly out of. It only really works if you are getting dropped off. Even that stinks with how crowded the airport constantly is. The economy lots need trains, the whole shuttle situation is stressful and not efficient. The fact they didn't adequately address this issue during the expansion is disappointing and shocking. Parking garages need space indicator lights like Disney Springs, even if there is parking in A/B/C lots its like where's Waldo trying to find a spot. Oh and the parking garage apps that let you know if garages/lots are full are never accurate. The place is garbage.

Goofnut1980

A and B need gutted and redone badly. Why keep expanding C. Take care of what you have first.

Heck they cant even get water fountains by the car rental to work consistently lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom