Opinion on MY dining choices.....

KentB3

Since LesaGirlWalton recently posted her dining choices for her upcoming WDW trip, I thought I'd post mine. These are the restaurants I made PS for so far, for when I visit WDW in November, and was wondering how everyone thinks restaurants and lineup sound for my first-ever WDW trip:

Sunday, November 13
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table (Magic Kingdom, PS time 8:50am)
Dinner: Sci-Fi Theater (Disney-MGM Studios, PS time 5:35am)

Monday, November 14
Breakfast: 1900 Park Faire (Grand Floridian, PS time 9:10am)
Lunch: Coral Reef (EPCOT's The Living Seas, PS time 2:30pm) Coral Reef Restaurant will remain open throughout the Living Seas renovation, which is one of the reasons I selected this one! :animwink:

Tuesday, November 15
Breakfast: Donald's Breakfastosarus (Animal Kingdom, PS time 9:30am)
Dinner: Rainforest Cafe (Animal Kingdom, PS time 5:30pm)

Wednesday, November 16
Lunch: Tony's Town Square Restaurant (Magic Kingdom, PS time 1:15pm)
Dinner: Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Resort, PS time 8:00pm)

Thursday, November 17
Breakfast: Princess Storybook at Akershus (EPCOT's World Showcase Norway, PS time 10:00am)
Dinner: Rose & Crown Pub (EPCOT's World Showcase United Kingdom, PS time 7:30pm)

Friday, November 18
Breakfast: Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom, PS time 9:30am)

LesaGirlWalton

I see that we have picked a couple of the same choices. I will be looking forward to your dining report. I'm so excited I wish I was going NOW. If this obsession of mine continues I'll not only be nuts by June but I will also have read every post on the entire board..... Anyone with extra Prozac?

Upvote 0

righttrack

Looks like you've got lots of characters, and some variety in there. My only critique is that you have a lot of late breakfasts in there, and may want to try and hit the parks a bit earlier. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

WeluvMickey

Going to WDW on October 7th - 14th!!! I came on this website and read all your wonderfull posts within the past week or so...and I had to jump start myself...b/c I was in the lost....so I went to work on reservations...and this is what I've come up with...& having problem finding times and places on the dates that we guess we want....
  • 7Arrival....eating at Japan...for dinner​
  • 8 Breakfast at Grand Floridian 1900 Park Fare​
  • 9 Nothing Yet​
  • 10 Lunch Sci Fi​
  • 11 Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party​
  • 12 Spirit of Aloha 515pm​
  • 13 Breakfast Chef Mickey's​
What else do I need....or dont need...?!?!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

All of it sounds pretty good including Wednesday to sleep in a bit!!! Good job!!! The only ones I would change would be Id would go to the 50's Prime Time Cafe for MGM and Id probably try for Le Cellier or Teppanyaki Grill for EPCOT. I like the UK as well but it isnt my first choice usually. The Sci Fi isnt bad either but I LOVE The Prime Time!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

righttrack said:
Looks like you've got lots of characters, and some variety in there. My only critique is that you have a lot of late breakfasts in there, and may want to try and hit the parks a bit earlier. Enjoy!

We generally eat a later breakfast and then go to the parks because we then plan to stay until close. I have found that it is unwise to burn the candle at both ends. I don't like doing early mornings, so a little late start helps us close down the parks or even do a little shopping in DTD afterwards. I know everyone says to hit them first thing in the morning is the best, but I'd rather not. We never have problems going a little later because we do go with somewhat of a plan for the particular park.

The last time we were at AK Rainforest, the food wasn't that good, you might want to consider park hopping to eat in a better restaurant or if you don't have that feature on your ticket, go to one of the hotel restaurants like Boma in AKL.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I think I would pass up on the Princess breakfast in Norway (we were not impressed with them at all) since you are going to CRT on Sunday, and the Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom on Tuesday... the food there is really not that spectacular, its a chain restaurant and( IMHO) its not really worth the $$. Why not head over to the AKL and sample one of their very fine restaurants?

The Rose & Crown is nice , but I really like Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco better- and you get a belly dancer & Moroccan music!

Enjoy your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

after our last visit to Rainforest at AK, we will not be going back. The service was below average, the food was below the service and the prices were the only thing high about the place. We were not impressed at all. IF you have a Rainforest within a 2 or 3 hour drive of where you live you'd be better off making a day of it and going to that location and make better use of your time at WDW.

Upvote 0

MINECAR

Account Suspended
:D great choices but I think you sould try a dinner at the castle rather then breakfest I love dinner there as well many MANY other places in wdw:wave: o and like the post above DO NOT go to the rainforest at AK trust me its bad, the other one is good but there are so many other great places you can choice
:slurp:

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

I hope you have a fabulous time! Rose and Crown is one of my favorite places to eat at WDW! :D I just love the atmosphere, and since your going to be eating there at night, try to sit on the covered deck area or outside by the water. This is a great spot for watching Illuminations: Reflections of Earth fireworks show. We did that the last time we were there and it is one of the best memories I have from WDW! Have a magical time! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

shari71

I noticed you have reservations at Sci Fi. We are planning to go, but I didn't make reservations for it. Would you recommend that? I have ressies for the must do places, but I thought this one probably wouldn't be too hard to get in.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi Shari, I feel that making a PS is like taking out insurance!!! Great if you have it and the parks are hugely crowded, you will be able to eat at a restaurant that you wanted at a time that is good for your group. I am not so sure how popular the Sci Fi is, but I would STRONGLY recommend a PS/ADR whatever they are calling it this week. What is the harm? Worst case you can always cancel, but I had tried for a number of years to get into the Prime Time without PS and I never was able to!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

DisneyBride94

Some good ones and some okay ones... teh only one I didn't care for was the 1900 Park Faire.

Sunday, November 13
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table (Magic Kingdom, PS time 8:50am)
Had dinner here and was not overly impressed...but we are doing the Princess luncheon this time around and think it will be better as a character meal.

Dinner: Sci-Fi Theater (Disney-MGM Studios, PS time 5:35am)
LOVE IT--one of our absolute favorites... we always must eat here...

Monday, November 14
Breakfast: 1900 Park Faire (Grand Floridian, PS time 9:10am)
Not a favorite of mine...even as a character meal.

Lunch: Coral Reef (EPCOT's The Living Seas, PS time 2:30pm) Coral Reef Never have eaten here myself...is supposed to be great... You'll have to give us your feedback!

Tuesday, November 15
Breakfast: Donald's Breakfastosarus (Animal Kingdom, PS time 9:30am)
Never eaten there
Dinner: Rainforest Cafe (Animal Kingdom, PS time 5:30pm)
I always like RFC... I like this one better than the DTD location--the tables are not as crammed in as they are at DTD.

Wednesday, November 16
Lunch: Tony's Town Square Restaurant (Magic Kingdom, PS time 1:15pm)
Never eaten there...
Dinner: Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Resort, PS time 8:00pm)
Fabulous. My favorite character meal...we eat there our last day for breakfast each year....

Thursday, November 17
Breakfast: Princess Storybook at Akershus (EPCOT's World Showcase Norway, PS time 10:00am)
Didn't care for the breakfast and the princess cranked through too quickly... One piece of advice: the lighting was tough for taking pictures... try to position your subjects so that you are not shooting into the windows...have the windows behind you so that your subjects are not backlit...
Dinner: Rose & Crown Pub (EPCOT's World Showcase United Kingdom, PS time 7:30pm) Never eaten there... would like to try it...

Friday, November 18
Breakfast: Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom, PS time 9:30am)
Have eaten here and like it. It is our friend Bob's favorite.

Upvote 0

DisneyBride94

DisneyBride's Dining Plans for 10/1 - 10/10

Since we are staying at CSR with the awesome Pepper Market as our counterservice... we'll just eat there if we find ourselves in need of an unplanned meal. :)

Saturday 10/1
Arrive at CSR, Dinner at Pepper Market

Sunday 10/2
Lunch at EPCOT TBD;
Dinner at Le Cellier @7PM

Monday 10/3
EPCOT EMH – catch monorail @11AM,
Lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table @12:15PM (first time for Cindy’s Table... have eaten dinner here before, however); counter service dinner

Tuesday 10/4
Lunch at Sci Fi Dine In Theater @12:55PM;
counter service dinner

Wednesday 10/5
Counter Service Lunch;
Dinner at Whispering Canyon @8:30PM

Thursday 10/6
Lunch at Typhoon Tilly’s at TL;
MNSSHP – No dinner reservations – might try early dinner at Concourse Steakhouse or our tried and true lunch spot, Kona Café

Friday 10/7
Lunch at MK or EPCOT TBD;
Dinner at <?xml:namespace prefix = st2 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st2:place w:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" /><st1:Sn w:st="on">San</st1:Sn> <st1:middlename w:st="on">Angel</st1:middlename> <st1:Sn w:st="on">Inn</st1:Sn></st2:place> @6:15PM (one of our favorites)

Saturday 10/8
No reservations yet (Lunch at Flametree BBQ)

Sunday 10/9
Lunch at Leaning Palms Café at TL;
Anniversary Dinner at Narcooses 6:10PM (Had dinner there on honeymoon!)

Monday 10/10
Breakfast at Chef Mickeys @7:20AM
(we fly out early afternoon so needed an early seating... we eat here on our last day every year and love it.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

The only two that concern me our-

1.) Sci-Fi Theater- we (7 of us) ate there and we terribly disappointed.

2.) Although I've never ate there, I heard from people who have who stated that they never would eat there again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom