Once upon a time Possibly To Glow Away!

Disney2017

Original Poster
As of right now it looks like june 3rd will be the last day to see Once upon a time, I'm guessing it might glow away since Hea will have projections and there would be no point in running a projection show if the firework show already has projections.

ToTBellHop

It's not moving a twitch maybe a new projection show but no a full blown closure. You always act like a insider but your points always gets shot down by Martin and Magic honestly I would wait until someone posts something about the topic. Then add TO the discussion not ADD the discussion
Actually, the plan has always been to retire OuaT after HEA opens, so...

wdwfan22

It's not moving a twitch maybe a new projection show but no a full blown closure. You always act like a insider but your points always gets shot down by Martin and Magic honestly I would wait until someone posts something about the topic. Then add TO the discussion not ADD the discussion

I'm pretty sure Once Upon A Time was always suppose to be used as a filler until Happily Every After premiers.

CTXRover

Actually, the plan has always been to retire OuaT after HEA opens, so...
Is this a fact though? I sort of assumed OUAT would stop too, but back in February when HEA was announced this comment was provided on the Disney Parks blog to the question of would OUAT be replaced:

QUOTE:
“Happily Ever After” will NOT replace the current “Once Upon A Time” projection show…they will compliment one another.
Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 9, 2017 at 11:31 am

ToTBellHop

Is this a fact though? I sort of assumed OUAT would stop too, but back in February when HEA was announced this comment was provided on the Disney Parks blog to the question of would OUAT be replaced:

QUOTE:
“Happily Ever After” will NOT replace the current “Once Upon A Time” projection show…they will compliment one another.
Jenn is less-connected than a bus driver.

wdwfan22

QUOTE:

The Disney Parks Blog people are the same people that said Tower of Terror was safe in California.

IanDLBZF

As of right now it looks like june 3rd will be the last day to see Once upon a time, I'm guessing it might glow away since Hea will have projections and there would be no point in running a projection show if the firework show already has projections.
This looks more like a calendar error than anything else. It happens from time to time, we think something will be dark but a few days later Disney puts it back on the calendar. I've seen it happen before, and this is not the first time.

No Name

So at one time we just had Wishes, a purely fireworks show.
Then they added the projection show in 2011, and replaced it twice, but nonetheless it was something that didn't exist before 2011.
And now we have both shows merging into one fireworks/projection show.

So... whatever. While the more the merrier, I see how two projection shows without distinctly different themes is a bit redundant. Though the names compliment each other nicely... Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After.

I am far more disappointed about them getting rid of the nighttime parade.

LuckyOswald

I am far more disappointed about them getting rid of the nighttime parade.

My mom, as casual of a Disney fan as you can be, is coming with us on our trip this year. She was SO disappointed there's no night parade. She loved MSEP the one time she saw it.

iMax

It's more than likely going on refurbishment, which wouldn't make since being that HEA uses the same projection system and it just had a refurb in March. Either that or WDW hasn't released entertainment times for the summer yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom